Thread: Always a good reminder

vCash

Always a good reminder

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bulldog_Graphic/status/1029791642168053762[/tweet]
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 08-15-2018 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    Yes it is! Straight and steady climb got us here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    Yes it is! Straight and steady climb got us here.
    I think the football may be skewed a little bit because Ole Miss had a three game winning streak when we were on probation from 2002-2004, Dan's BS for 2014, 15, and 17, plus Nick's injury on a dirty play in 17 which of course is applied to Dan's BS as well.

vCash
    Yes I agree without those distractions at the end of the year for NAD it would have brought our numbers up there. I definitely feel like we are in a better place here now. Just gonna enjoy it, hope that we keep racking up wins on everyone we can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think the football may be skewed a little bit because Ole Miss had a three game winning streak when we were on probation from 2002-2004, Dan's BS for 2014, 15, and 17, plus Nick's injury on a dirty play in 17 which of course is applied to Dan's BS as well.
    If we go on a 3 game win streak due to their NCAA troubles, will those wins be skewed? I get what you're saying but I'd rather not make excuses. Last year = skewed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    If we go on a 3 game win streak due to their NCAA troubles, will those wins be skewed? I get what you're saying but I'd rather not make excuses. Last year = skewed.
    No- because we're better anyway.

vCash
    Depressing how close basketball is. We really squandered a good position there. Has to be depressing for Ole Miss to see the baseball numbers. We have shot ourselves in the foot over and over in baseball and they've had an extremely stable situation with a good coach and the best they've been able to do is keep it close.

Need to take advantage in football, basketball, and baseball now that we're positioned well in each one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That sounds like Ole Miss logic Todd. You can't pick and choose which seasons count.

Banned
    vCash
    Don't see either school dominating from here on out. We're both about the same size schools. About the same sized athletic budgets. About the same size fan base. Sometimes we do a little better in some categories, sometimes they do. Just not enough from either school to say we "own" them over the years. I am a little interested to see how one of our beloved alums will run their basketball program.....hope not as good as our other alum ran their girls program for years a while back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Don't see either school dominating from here on out. We're both about the same size schools. About the same sized athletic budgets. About the same size fan base. Sometimes we do a little better in some categories, sometimes they do. Just not enough from either school to say we "own" them over the years. I am a little interested to see how one of our beloved alums will run their basketball program.....hope not as good as our other alum ran their girls program for years a while back.
    Neither should dominate the other. We should grow our advantage with instate alumni, which might help in recruiting going forward. We don't have the racial baggage they have, but that apparently doesn't matter.

Just going to be a matter of who does a better job picking coaches for the foreseeable future.