Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Didn't realize Austin Williams.....

Banned
    vCash

Didn't realize Austin Williams.....

....runs a 4.58 forty. That's pretty good for a tall receiver that also has a 38" vertical. I had thought he was our best potential receiver coming in to this season, but just didn't know he had those measurables. I was thinking his biggest asset was his hands. This will allow him to line up anywhere in the WR rotation. Any WR that can get anywhere near 4.5 can get the job done. I thought he was like 4.8 forty speed and more of a possession type WR. This guy may be really special before it is all said and done!
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 08-11-2018 at 03:11 AM.

vCash
    He is a white kid so obviously he is just a possession receiver**

But you are correct, Austin was a stud HS receiver from Ocean Springs, many people will be pleasantly surprised with his speed and athleticism - on top of that our receivers will be a better group because of him (off the field and meeting room)

vCash
    He is our best receiver period. His hands are what separates him and getsey said his route running is like a machine precise and well oiled. I usually never say this for someone who has never played a down but he has NFL potential for sure,

vCash
    Going to be sure interesting to see what he does this year. He’s not likely to start but let’s see how long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    He is a white kid so obviously he is just a possession receiver**

But you are correct, Austin was a stud HS receiver from Ocean Springs, many people will be pleasantly surprised with his speed and athleticism - on top of that our receivers will be a better group because of him (off the field and meeting room)
    Below is a good video but who is the QB he is playing with. That kid is as accurate as anyone I have ever seen in HS. And on the run most of the time.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3385505...d81442201920e1

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I expect Deddrick to start in the slot but Austin will get good reps.

vCash
    This football team is about to be bad ass

Don't they scrimmage tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Going to be sure interesting to see what he does this year. He?s not likely to start but let?s see how long.
    I believe he will. Mixon still nicked some. Dear could be the man but does he have 4.5 after his injury. Williams is taller which I believe JoMo likes. If Dear is better than Williams right now then we should be pretty solid at WR. Heck if Williams is 6'3" (trying to remember correctly) he could be opposite of Guidry. I may be sleeping on Deddrick too
    Last edited by Bdawg; 08-11-2018 at 08:28 AM.

vCash
    He’s consistently been with the 2s so far. But Jordy Nelson comparisons leads you to believe we won’t stay there long. But people need to be careful with crazy expectations. He’s still a RS freshman that hasn’t played a game. There’s always one guy the fans pick every year to be the next stud. He’s not there yet.

vCash
    He’s consistently been with the 2s so far. But Jordy Nelson comparisons leads you to believe we won’t stay there long. But people need to be careful with crazy expectations. He’s still a RS freshman that hasn’t played a game. There’s always one guy the fans pick every year to be the next stud. He’s not there yet.
    I'm not asking for him to be a stud at this point, just better than anything we had last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I'm not asking for him to be a stud at this point, just better than anything we had last year.
    Hell, that won’t be hard.

vCash
    Jordy Nelson runs a 4.3. He's more Eric Decker then Nelson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I expect Deddrick to start in the slot but Austin will get good reps.
    I am really expecting JoMo's offense to be great for Deddrick, and it's sounding like Austin will be a real good one. I imagine Getsy is thrilled having those two, Dear and Mixon in the slot. As much as we lacked in good receivers on the field in the past, I'm hoping the new offense will do as much for that group as just having better ones on the field does.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    According to his website, Nelson runs a 4.51 forty and has a vertical of 31 in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    This. Decker is the obvious comp due to size, speed, and being a white WR. Recent NFL combine comps: Michael Thomas, Cooper Kupp, Courtland Sutton, Malachi Dupre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Wow you just pulled out the BULLSHIT CARD. 4.3 ha ha

vCash
    I get more of a Chris Hogan, the Patriots WR, vibe with Williams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Have you watched Jordy Nelson run? I've never seen him caught on a deep route. I also see him constantly behind people. He's fast

vCash
    Lol, I think it's funny everytime a good white receiver comes around, they get compared to other white receivers. Not saying the comparisons are wrong, I just think it's kinda funny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Jordy Nelson is legit. He's not your average possession receiver. The dude is an athletic freak