Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not Sure How to Feel About This....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    But wouldn't the same issues exist for MSU?
    The issues exist for all but about 5 programs in the country.

Unless you plan on having a 5 team league, there are issues

vCash
    He almost went to Bammer to begin with... He won't start or replace the OLB we lost (Lewis-ACL), but if he can put on some weight he'd be a suitable back-up/replacement for Holcomb who quit the football...
    Well, Reakwon Davis almost went to Mississippi State.

Where he almost went means nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Well, Reakwon Davis almost went to Mississippi State.

Where he almost went means nothing.
    sure, and where he ended up won't amount to much more than nothing, either...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Tusk,

How is he eligible to play this year?

vCash
    Tusk,

I think because he never enrolled at UW, but I've not researched it, yet... Perhaps there were some "hardship" issues, as well...

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I guess the same reason Tiky Talky's family moved to Tuscaloosa.

vCash
    Tusk,

I'm not sure but I would guess, like TUSK said, he never enrolled at UW which wouldn't matter except combined with the fact that he was released from his NLI means he is immediately eligible.
    This is different than the normal rule pertaining to anything Bama related which is "Because Saban said so".
    I'm sure it's all very above board.***

vCash
    If the stated reason was the REAL reason for moving, and no hanky-panky involved, you have to hand it to Peterson for giving up a prime player for the player's good. Whether it's all above board, I have no idea, but also have no reason to believe that it's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    If the stated reason was the REAL reason for moving, and no hanky-panky involved, you have to hand it to Peterson for giving up a prime player for the player's good. Whether it's all above board, I have no idea, but also have no reason to believe that it's not.
    I'll consider this stuff above board when every transfer stops ending up at 1 of about 5 schools.

vCash
    I'll consider this stuff above board when every transfer stops ending up at 1 of about 5 schools.
    I don't have the data in front of me, but I'd guess that Bammmer loses more players to transfer than they receive...

No.

vCash
    Honest question - how can you enjoy anything regarding MS State sports when you're too busy crying and whining about what happens at other schools?

You (presumably) decided to attend MS State, so why then did you not decide to attend a "blue blood" school? You can't fault a kid or his parents because they didn't choose the school you happen to root for. Jealousy and envy are not going to help us beat Bama, nor will one player make a difference.

Big deal Bama got a LB transfer from Washington. That doesn't change the fact that we haven't beaten them in the last 10 years!!!! Feel free to cry and whine all you want about schools getting extra benefits or all the good players. If we can sustain winning at a high level more than just a year or so, we can change the course. Look no further than Clemson. They have never been considered a "blue blood" by your definition, but they have put together sustained success over multiple years and are reaping the benefits of highly touted kids committing to their program.

vCash
    I seriously doubt it was a hard sale by Bama to get him to come there IF everything is squeaky clean.

When MSU is used in the same sentence as your Bamas or UGAs or is remotely close to the same level of recruiting and consistency those type of schools are, and MSU misses out on these transfers, then I'll be able to complain and feel like I'm not whining..... But MSU isn't yet.

Do you think our players or coaches are complaining or whining about how it unfolded right now?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    But wouldn't the same issues exist for MSU?
    Yep, the same advantages Bama has and the disadvantages MSU has now would only increase with schools breaking off and self regulating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Honest question - how can you enjoy anything regarding MS State sports when you're too busy crying and whining about what happens at other schools?

You (presumably) decided to attend MS State, so why then did you not decide to attend a "blue blood" school? You can't fault a kid or his parents because they didn't choose the school you happen to root for. Jealousy and envy are not going to help us beat Bama, nor will one player make a difference.

Big deal Bama got a LB transfer from Washington. That doesn't change the fact that we haven't beaten them in the last 10 years!!!! Feel free to cry and whine all you want about schools getting extra benefits or all the good players. If we can sustain winning at a high level more than just a year or so, we can change the course. Look no further than Clemson. They have never been considered a "blue blood" by your definition, but they have put together sustained success over multiple years and are reaping the benefits of highly touted kids committing to their program.
    Not exactly whining & crying. More discussing & questioning.

Do you not think these types of things should be discussed & questioned?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I seriously doubt it was a hard sale by Bama to get him to come there IF everything is squeaky clean.

When MSU is used in the same sentence as your Bamas or UGAs or is remotely close to the same level of recruiting and consistency those type of schools are, and MSU misses out on these transfers, then I'll be able to complain and feel like I'm not whining..... But MSU isn't yet.

Do you think our players or coaches are complaining or whining about how it unfolded right now?
    Interesting take

vCash
    I've long been a proponent of a group of schools breaking off from the NCAA and self regulating...

What are y'all's thoughts on that?
    I'd like to see 5-6 12 team conferences and let that be it for the big boys. MSU included in that group. Self-regulating would be good for college baseball because it would do away with the 11.7 rule.

vCash
    Sports typically don't work or at least aren't very interesting in Capitalistic environments.
    All the big European soccer leagues beg to differ

vCash
    Superconferences are inevitable. It will happen within the next couple of decades. A restructuring is bound to happen. It will include 20-30 colleges that will probably become a defacto minor league from which the NFL draft will pull. I am fine with MSU being left out if that happens. Hopefully it would return some amateurism to college football (those teams that didn't fall into the top 20-30)...which it has all but lost.

Which teams do you think would make it from the SEC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    All the big European soccer leagues beg to differ
    Actually, the European soccer leagues want salary caps but can't implement them due to competition for players across different leagues.

The EPL would be significantly better & more balanced with salary caps, but, to their frustration, they can't implement one without fear of the best players leaving for other leagues in Europe where they could make more money.

I'm not asking for a college football salary cap or draft. I'm simply saying that it could benefit from by reducing roster sizes from 85 to 70 and/or revamping the transfer system where it actually distributed talent across the entire sport rather than offering around 5 programs the ability to hoard 70% of the top players.

vCash
    Not exactly whining & crying. More discussing & questioning.

Do you not think these types of things should be discussed & questioned?
    You didn't answer my question, nor have you provided any substance that these "blue bloods" are being given a competitive advantage. You already have your mind made up that the system is rigged. You don't acknowledge other schools that have achieved success, instead only reinforce your belief that "blue bloods" are cheating the system without any repercussions.

While you are excellent at facilitating discussion within threads (which I'm pretty confident is your intent), rarely do you acknowledge when you've missed the mark by allowing your homerism to cloud your judgement.
    Last edited by Gutter Cobreh; 08-08-2018 at 07:09 PM.