Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Sure How to Feel About This....

vCash

Not Sure How to Feel About This....

So, Bama lost a LB for the year about a month ago, but today got the #1 LB from the 2018 class who was released from his scholarship by Washington. To top is off, I believe he's immediately eligible because his dad moved to Alabama, thereby allowing him to say that he's moving to be closer to family

https://247sports.com/Article/Colleg...Tide-120498251

This kind of crap just seems ridiculous. I realize many are in favor of players being able to go where they want, but just think about how MSU's schedule this year has been impacted by transfers.

- LSU's Joe Burrow & one of their starting CBs are transfers.
    - Florida has former 5* WR, 4* WR, & 4* DL that have all transferred in and are immediately eligible.
    - Now Bama gets the #1 LB in the 2018 class in a release from Washington & I believe is immediately eligible.

The entire transfer market is just propping up blue bloods & giving them further opportunities to cover up recruiting misses. They literally have a monopoly on winning, due to the rules of the sport.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-08-2018 at 01:21 PM.

vCash
    Suck it up man...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Suck it up man...
    We have no choice but to suck it up. I'm just facinated that we basically have a system in place that discourages competitive football on Saturdays

I have a UW buddy that is absolutely pissed about this & saying more will becoming out about how the dad was paid off & will be moving to Alabama.

I'll say this, if MSU or Ole Miss pulled this, the NCAA would've been knocking on our door yesterday
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-08-2018 at 01:30 PM.

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'll say this, if MSU or Ole Miss pulled this, the NCAA would've been knocking on our door yesterday
    Ed Zachary

Alabama, Michigan, and Florida can get guys immediately eligible while others cannot. Matter of fact, what is really surprising here is how quickly he was deemed eligible. Ole Miss had to wait for half the season in 2015 to see if Tunsil was cleared.

vCash
    I wonder why is dad moved to Alabama?******

vCash
    It's called Capitalism.

vCash
    Sometimes, this kinda stuff makes me want to tune out of sports because it's rigged to a certain extent. It's like that Notre Dame women's basketball player from Nebraska who was declared immediately eligible for some unknown reason.

vCash
    From what I've gathered.

His parents got a divorce & the mom was pro Washington & the dad pro Alabama in his recruitment.

Additionally, the family is LDS (strong point of Tuscaloosa*)

Apparently the dad is moving to Alabama so the kid can play immediately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Sometimes, this kinda stuff makes me want to tune out of sports because it's rigged to a certain extent. It's like that Notre Dame women's basketball player from Nebraska who was declared immediately eligible for some unknown reason.
    It certainly makes you wonder why we care so much about a sport that other schools have a monopoly on .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I wonder why is dad moved to Alabama?******

vCash
    I'm a firm believer that within the next 20-30 years college football will end as we know it. Right now the apple cart is so unbalanced due to money, power, and politics that it can't last. With no draft to encourage a semblance of parity we are beginning to see the impact of influence and uncontrolled recruiting. Basically, we have a handful of team (5-10) that have a real shot at the NC or play-off spots each year...everyone else is just playing for a neat bowl game. If college football continues down this path it will eventually just turn into two (maybe three) super-conferences comprised of 5-10 blue-blood teams in each conference and that will be that. It's pretty much inevitable at this point I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    It's called Capitalism.
    Sports typically don't work or at least aren't very interesting in Capitalistic environments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I'm a firm believer that within the next 20-30 years college football will end as we know it. Right now the apple cart is so unbalanced due to money, power, and politics that it can't last. With no draft to encourage a semblance of parity we are beginning to see the impact of influence and uncontrolled recruiting. Basically, we have a handful of team (5-10) that have a real shot at the NC or play-off spots each year...everyone else is just playing for a neat bowl game. If college football continues down this path it will eventually just turn into two (maybe three) super-conferences comprised of 5-10 blue-blood teams in each conference and that will be that. It's pretty much inevitable at this point I think.
    Agree. The question is if MSU can survive that condensing? If so, then we will slowly move up, if for no other reason than other competition moving down.

The NCAA won't ever amount to jack shit, so IMO the best thing that can happen is to limit scholarships to 70. The blue bloods will still have the best players, but at least they won't have the same depth & the talent gets distributed a little more

vCash
    I've long been a proponent of a group of schools breaking off from the NCAA and self regulating...

What are y'all's thoughts on that?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Limit coaching salaries to $500,000 a year so Saban will retire.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I've long been a proponent of a group of schools breaking off from the NCAA and self regulating...

What are y'all's thoughts on that?
    I'm fine with it so long as MSU is one of those schools

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Limit coaching salaries to $500,000 a year so Saban will retire.**
    To me... it has far less to do with Saban than the structure of the sport.

If Saban left tomorrow, some other coach would just take his place in the CFB power structure & the same problems would exist.

vCash
    So, Bama lost a LB for the year about a month ago, but today got the #1 LB from the 2018 class who was released from his scholarship by Washington. To top is off, I believe he's immediately eligible because his dad moved to Alabama, thereby allowing him to say that he's moving to be closer to family

https://247sports.com/Article/Colleg...Tide-120498251

This kind of crap just seems ridiculous. I realize many are in favor of players being able to go where they want, but just think about how MSU's schedule this year has been impacted by transfers.

- LSU's Joe Burrow & one of their starting CBs are transfers.
    - Florida has former 5* WR, 4* WR, & 4* DL that have all transferred in and are immediately eligible.
    - Now Bama gets the #1 LB in the 2018 class in a release from Washington & I believe is immediately eligible.

The entire transfer market is just propping up blue bloods & giving them further opportunities to cover up recruiting misses. They literally have a monopoly on winning, due to the rules of the sport.
    He almost went to Bammer to begin with... He won't start or replace the OLB we lost (Lewis-ACL), but if he can put on some weight he'd be a suitable back-up/replacement for Holcomb who quit the football...

No.

vCash
    I'm fine with it so long as MSU is one of those schools
    But wouldn't the same issues exist for MSU?

No.