Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Movies You've Watched Multiple Times and Still Continue to Watch

vCash
    Basically anything by Christopher Nolan: The Dark Knight, Inception, The Prestige

Django Unchained
    The Big Short
    Step Brothers
    Talladega Nights
    Old School

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Strong posts in this thread. I share lots of these picks for ad nauseum viewing, especially Back to the Future, Die Hard, Star Wars, Shawshank, and The Thing. A few others no one has mentioned that I would always watch if I came across while flipping:

The Great Escape
    The Longest Day
    The Professional
    Dazed and Confused
    Clue
    Murder on the Orient Express (the original)
    Home Alone
    The Breakfast Club
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Duck Soup
    War Games
    Little Man Tate and it's not-sequel sequel Searching for Bobby Fischer
    Tommy Boy

I also tend to stop on anything involving Orson Welles, but I'm a nerd like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Blast from the past. Watching sergeant York. 1941
    on TCM? Couldn't help myself, had to watch The Pride of the Yankees, then Sergeant York.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    on TCM? Couldn't help myself, had to watch The Pride of the Yankees, then Sergeant York.
    No doubt bro. TCM Kicks. Please tell more about pride of the Yankees. Sgt York is as good as it gets.

vCash
    After further thought, I'm adding the following to my list:
    Being There
    Doctor Zhivago "There will be no more peaceful demonstrations!" Pasha
    The Big Lebowski
    Smoky and the Bandit "Give me a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr. Pepper and make it fast; I'm in a god damn hurry." Buford T. Justice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    Strong posts in this thread. I share lots of these picks for ad nauseum viewing, especially Back to the Future, Die Hard, Star Wars, Shawshank, and The Thing. A few others no one has mentioned that I would always watch if I came across while flipping:

The Great Escape
    The Longest Day
    The Professional
    Dazed and Confused
    Clue
    Murder on the Orient Express (the original)
    Home Alone
    The Breakfast Club
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Duck Soup
    War Games
    Little Man Tate and it's not-sequel sequel Searching for Bobby Fischer
    Tommy Boy

I also tend to stop on anything involving Orson Welles, but I'm a nerd like that.
    You've got some winners in here for sure...

I see you've got three John Hughs films grouped together. Is that coincidence, or is just how your mind works?

Regarding Orson Welles, I can only say...

Last edited by BeardoMSU; 08-12-2018 at 08:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You've got some winners in here for sure...

I see you've got three John Hughs films grouped together. Is that coincidence, or is just how your mind works?

Regarding Orson Welles, I can only say...

Before Kurt Vonnegut, Pink Floyd, and indie rock stepped in, John Hughes split a four-way sublease on my brain alongside Matt Groening, the Nintendo Corporation, and whatever weirdo programmed all my mom's favorite old 40s and 50s movies to come on TCM and the original version of AMC. (Oh, and the Slush Puppie dog. How that dude didn't give my diabetes by age 12, I have no idea.) So yeah, that's just how it crumbled this afternoon, cookie-wise. (I also like Billy Wilder.)

How can you not stop to watch Welles doing Welles stuff? Watch Citizen Kane for more than five minutes and you'll undoubtedly say to yourself, "Oh, that's where that technique/shot/line/montage style/set design/narrative device came from." And The Third Man? Come on, dude. Whether he had squat to do with directing the thing, it doesn't get much better than that. I could watch and listen to that movie every month or two for the rest of my life and never tire of it.

Thought of a few more a minute ago:

Unforgiven
    The Princess Bride
    The Point (movie for the awesome Nilsson album of the same name)
    The Freshman

I'm going back a ways with these -- my channel-flipping and repeat-movie-watching time is pretty limited these days -- but they were regulars that I never tired of.

Banned
    vCash
    Sgt York kills all. I'm getting ready to watch again and remind myself of God and country and Jesus and get off on truth love and Godly things

vCash
    flipping through and saw the shawshank redemption on. Always will stop to watch that.

vCash
    Can't believe we are 50 posts in and no one has mentioned Point Break or Roadhouse!

So much classic in those two, I always have to stop and watch.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Can't believe we are 50 posts in and no one has mentioned Point Break or Roadhouse!

OK those 2 and every Die Hard, Clint Eastwood, including "Where Eagles Dare" and "Kellys Heroes" movies are automatically included.

vCash
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I liked Clerks and other Kevin Smith movies but this one is just funny to me. We used to watch it about every week in college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I liked Clerks and other Kevin Smith movies but this one is just funny to me. We used to watch it about every week in college.

"Applesauce, bitch."

Dude, the gag reel for that scene made me and my friends totally lose it back in the day. For some reason the link to the exact spot in the video isn't working; go to the 7:40 mark. Funny as hell:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    No doubt bro. TCM Kicks. Please tell more about pride of the Yankees. Sgt York is as good as it gets.
    It's stars Gary Cooper and is about Lou Gehrig. It was made in 1942 shortly after his death. I'm always up for a good baseball movie but what's kinda neat about this one is that it had some of the men that were on the team with him, like Babe Ruth. It is sappy like a lot of the older movies but still a classic.

vCash
    Tombstone- I'm your huckleberry.
    Big Lebowski- The chinaman is not the issue. BTW, dude, chinaman is not the proper nomenclature.
    Snatch- Proper fvcked?
    Pulp fiction- Zeds dead, baby... Zeds dead.
    Inglorious Basterds- If you ever want to eat a sour kraut sannich again...
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 08-14-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Training Day
    The Edge
    5th Element
    Total Recall
    3:10 to Yuma
    No Country for Old Men
    The Drop
    Se7en
    Terminator
    Black Hawk Down
    Full Metal Jacket
    Platoon
    Blood Diamond
    Man on Fire
    American Gangster
    John Wick 1&2
    Sicarrio
    Hell or High Water
    Running Man
    The Town
    I Am Legend
    The Departed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

Roadhouse is terrible. But I stop and watch it every time. I can't help it. Ass-kickin at the Double Deuce!

Banned
    vCash
    Elysium is good, Sharlto Copley is awesome in it. He's actually awesome in everything I've seen him in. District 9, A-Team and Chappie.

vCash
    All these great movies but if this is ever on tv I will quote ever damn line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Roadhouse is terrible.