Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies You've Watched Multiple Times and Still Continue to Watch

Banned
    vCash

Movies You've Watched Multiple Times and Still Continue to Watch

I watched Men in Black I & II the other day and then proceeded to pay $3.99 to watch 3. I never get enough of that shit. Laughing my ass off continuously while appreciating the history shit thrown into the mix. Tommy Lee's and Will Smith's relationship doesn't get any better. 2 of the best in the business. trumped Nolty and Murphy's another 48.

Forest Gump. For the same reasons as MIB.

Outlaw Josey Wales. Just simply Kicks Ass. I can never get enough of the meeting with Ten Bears and the end when Josey shoves that blade up asshole's gut after those numerous blank clicks. The end with southern general and Josey's blood dripping on his boot, eye contact and shit. good stuff. "I reckon so"

Godfather 1 & 2. No comment needed.

Shawshank Redemption. I never get enough of the ending. I've never failed to get off on a movie with Morgan Freeman. He just kicks so much ass on multiple fronts. "Cause quite frankly sonny, I don't give a damn" I'll never forget watching that movie the 1st time. It blew my 17ing mind.

Driving Mrs. Daisy. Still chop onions when he's feeding her the Thanksgiving Pie to close the movie out. Never get tired of watching Morgan outsmarting Dan Aykroyd in getting his raise . Good American History references to boot.

Devil's Advocate. Can't stand Reye's (or whatever the 17's his name) fake southern accent. Great movie thanks to one of the all time greats though, Pacino. Every scene is so damned relevant. Surprising end to boot.

I may think of more later, that's all for now.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Twister - A Meteorologist's required watching

Sharknado series - Just for the entire luls

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Once again, for the luls
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post

I love Twister, lol. Classic Bill Paxton. Holy Grail never gets old, either.

I've been watching Indiana Jones (originals, obviously) my whole life....I never get tired of them. They are the most important 3 films to me, both personally and professionally.

Clerks. (1994) is literally one of my favorite movies ever made, and the most impressive thing about it, is it's just a film about a few people talking to each other. The dialogue is what makes it.

The Saint (1996). So, this is one of my guilty pleasures. I know they took several liberties compared to the original TV show, but the Val Kilmer 1996 film is just fun as hell. For some reason, I've been watching this movie since it came out, had it on VHS, and now have it on DVD; and I'll have it on Bluray if they ever release it. Also, Elizabeth Shue is a smoke show.

The Thing (1981). Literally, one of the greatest scifi/horror films ever made. I love the claustrophobia of it all.

Alien (1978). The greatest scifi/horror film ever made, and one that I think about all the time. I'm obsessed with it. I even talked my bird into letting us name our daughter Ripley, so it's obviously a film I hold near and dear.

Heaven's Gate (1980). This is, without a doubt, one of the most beautifully shot films ever made. I've become obsessed with it. It was shredded by reviewers when it was released, but the vast majority of the criticism was caused by the circus surrounding the production, not the performances on the screen. It's a beautiful movie (directed by Michael Cimino, the same bloke who gave us The Deer Hunter, another masterpiece).

Jackie Brown (1997). In my opinion, Quentin's best film, and definitely Sam Jackson's best role.

Trainspotting (1996). This is another one I'm obsessed with (a common theme I know, lol). One of the greatest movies about self destruction ever made. The characters are riveting. I've been enamored with this film since it came out. The sequel, T2: Trainspotting (2017) is one of the rare occasions when decades later sequel actually successfully builds upon the original. Where the original is about the visceral waste of youth and feeling indestructible, the sequel is about loss, getting old, repeating mistakes, and memory. It's a perfect book end to the characters.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 08-03-2018 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    The title of your thread is very interesting to me, Bully. Not that this applies to you, but I know so many people who can watch a movie once and never feel the need to see it again. I've never understood that. I love watching movies. I watch (and collect) movies like people listen to their favorite songs. Over and over and over, lol.

vCash
    Behold the craft...

vCash
    Children of Men (2006). Not mentioned above, but I've definitely talked about Children of Men in previous movie threads.....this scene, literally makes my eyes water every time I watch it. Even if you haven't seen this film [which I can't recommend enough] or know what it's about, you can't deny the power of this scene....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post

How the hell I let out Monty Python on that whim of a thread starter I have no idea. I've never failed to laugh my ass off continuously on everything those British Guys ever did. They kick.

vCash
    Shawshank Redemption - it's my all time favorite movie. Last year, I was in an antique store over in Columbus. I was browsing around, looked up on a shelf and spotted a rectangle tin with an old cruise ship on it. Immediately grabbed it and it's sitting in my room currently. Not a prop. A real life box from the era the movie is set in, and looks almost exactly like the one Red finds next to the stone wall in that field in Buxton, ME.

O Brother, Where Art Thou - Love this movie. The main reason why I listen to bluegrass music. Most of the movie was shot in Mississippi.

Back to the Future - IMO, one of the best written movies ever. A classic that should never be remade. This is one of those movies that every kid needs to see while growing up.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - Another 80s movie that really helped define time travel. Also an easily quotable movie with a most outstanding soundtrack.

Blazing Saddles - One of the best movies made by one of the best comedic directors of all time, and would stand no chance of being made today. Another easily quotable movie.

The Muppet Movie - The original. Might be a case of nostalgia, but it's still a great movie made by one of the all time greats to come out of Mississippi. Rainbow Connection gets me every time.

Secondhand Lions - If you haven't seen this movie, you really need to. It has a great cast, and great storytelling. And it's comedy gold.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    Everyone's made great suggestions so far. I'd add Monty Python "Life of Brian" and "The Meaning of Life" to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by iPat09 View Post
    Secondhand Lions - If you haven't seen this movie, you really need to. It has a great cast, and great storytelling. And it's comedy gold.
    Can't go wrong with Michael Caine and Robert Duvall. An excellent movie that doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Another very good underrated movie IMHO is "Never Cry Wolf". It's a Disney movie about Farley Mowat's research into the Arctic Wolf's effect on Caribou populations.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I love Twister, lol. Classic Bill Paxton. Holy Grail never gets old, either.

I've been watching Indiana Jones (originals, obviously) my whole life....I never get tired of them. They are the most important 3 films to me, both personally and professionally.

Clerks. (1994) is literally one of my favorite movies ever made, and the most impressive thing about it, is it's just a film about a few people talking to each other. The dialogue is what makes it.

The Saint (1996). So, this is one of my guilty pleasures. I know they took several liberties compared to the original TV show, but the Val Kilmer 1996 film is just fun as hell. For some reason, I've been watching this movie since it came out, had it on VHS, and now have it on DVD; and I'll have it on Bluray if they ever release it. Also, Elizabeth Shue is a smoke show.

The Thing (1981). Literally, one of the greatest scifi/horror films ever made. I love the claustrophobia of it all.

Alien (1978). The greatest scifi/horror film ever made, and one that I think about all the time. I'm obsessed with it. I even talked my bird into letting us name our daughter Ripley, so it's obviously a film I hold near and dear.

Heaven's Gate (1980). This is, without a doubt, one of the most beautifully shot films ever made. I've become obsessed with it. It was shredded by reviewers when it was released, but the vast majority of the criticism was caused by the circus surrounding the production, not the performances on the screen. It's a beautiful movie (directed by Michael Cimino, the same bloke who gave us The Deer Hunter, another masterpiece).

Jackie Brown (1997). In my opinion, Quentin's best film, and definitely Sam Jackson's best role.

Trainspotting (1996). This is another one I'm obsessed with (a common theme I know, lol). One of the greatest movies about self destruction ever made. The characters are riveting. I've been enamored with this film since it came out. The sequel, T2: Trainspotting (2017) is one of the rare occasions when decades later sequel actually successfully builds upon the original. Where the original is about the visceral waste of youth and feeling indestructible, the sequel is about loss, getting old, repeating mistakes, and memory. It's a perfect book end to the characters.
    Damn Beard. yea, all the Indiana Jones flicks, I always watch again. Great Stuff. Holy Grail? Nuff Said. Roger That.

The Alien. So Bad , 17ing ass. I forgot about that one. I think I may have fantasized a time or two having a child with Sigourney Weaver on the space station.

What puzzles me though is you are mentioning movies my old ass has never heard of. And that bothers me because I respect your opinion on this shit.

Banned
    vCash
    Shawshank Redemption - it's my all time favorite movie. Last year, I was in an antique store over in Columbus. I was browsing around, looked up on a shelf and spotted a rectangle tin with an old cruise ship on it. Immediately grabbed it and it's sitting in my room currently. Not a prop. A real life box from the era the movie is set in, and looks almost exactly like the one Red finds next to the stone wall in that field in Buxton, ME.

O Brother, Where Art Thou - Love this movie. The main reason why I listen to bluegrass music. Most of the movie was shot in Mississippi.

Back to the Future - IMO, one of the best written movies ever. A classic that should never be remade. This is one of those movies that every kid needs to see while growing up.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - Another 80s movie that really helped define time travel. Also an easily quotable movie with a most outstanding soundtrack.

Blazing Saddles - One of the best movies made by one of the best comedic directors of all time, and would stand no chance of being made today. Another easily quotable movie.

The Muppet Movie - The original. Might be a case of nostalgia, but it's still a great movie made by one of the all time greats to come out of Mississippi. Rainbow Connection gets me every time.

Dude, watched so many back to the future movies. They are so awesome.

Oh and Blazing Saddles? Just the title itself make me laugh my ass off. "SCUSE Me while I whip this out" "Are we Drunk?" "Are we Black?" Gene 17ing Wilder. God I miss that dude, RIP dude, you kicked 17ing ass. (one of the most under rated talents of all time IMO).

Oh and that reminds me, as a child I loved Wonka's Chocolate Factory. I still watch that epic show to this day. Just like Wizard of Oz.

vCash
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - the Ben Stiller version. It is a great movie but the cinematography is amazing if you enjoy that type of thing.

Edge of Tomorrow - I honestly can't say why I love this movie unless it just appeals to playing video games. Emily Blunt is super hot and Tom Cruise does his thing.

Blazing Saddles is my favorite comedy but Holy Grail is also up there.

My wife and I watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy once or twice a year. My wife will watch the Harry Potter series anytime she is sick or just working and wants something in the background.

Star Wars is another I have seen a bunch.

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 &2 - my favorite movies, not just comic book movies. Great comedy, action, and some cutting onions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - the Ben Stiller version. It is a great movie but the cinematography is amazing if you enjoy that type of thing.

Edge of Tomorrow - I honestly can't say why I love this movie unless it just appeals to playing video games. Emily Blunt is super hot and Tom Cruise does his thing.

Blazing Saddles is my favorite comedy but Holy Grail is also up there.

My wife and I watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy once or twice a year. My wife will watch the Harry Potter series anytime she is sick or just working and wants something in the background.

Star Wars is another I have seen a bunch.

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 &2 - my favorite movies, not just comic book movies. Great comedy, action, and some cutting onions.
    Edge of Tomorrow is great. It's scifi groundhog day, lol.

And the Guardians movies are easily the best Marvel films.

vCash
    Can't agree with this more. Luckily, Robert Zemeckis (director and producer) has repeatedly stated it will never be re-booted or re-made. Thank God.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Edge of Tomorrow is great. It's scifi groundhog day, lol.

And the Guardians movies are easily the best Marvel films.
    Have you seen the Secret Life of Walter Mitty? I seriously love this movie. I can't get my wife to watch it but it is fantastic.

Banned
    vCash
    It's a Wonderful Life---Jimmy Stewart

Brian's Song (original version)

Rocky I & II

Pulp Fiction

vCash
    Kill Bill volume 1&2 - I love sword fights

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Have you seen the Secret Life of Walter Mitty? I seriously love this movie. I can't get my wife to watch it but it is fantastic.
    I haven't. I'll definitely check it out though.

vCash
    Glad someone mentioned Monty Python's Life of Brian. That movie is so ****ing funny.

I thought of a few more...

The Goonies (1985). How did I not list this before?

Snatch (2000). One of the funniest British heist/gangster movies ever. Lots of great lines.
    Bullet Tooth Tony: Boris the Blade? As in Boris "The Bullet Dodger"?
    Cousin Avi: Why do they call him "The Bullet Dodger"?
    Tony: Because he dodges bullets, Avi.

Heat (1995). Love this film. DeNiro and Pacino in top form. A great Los Angeles crime movie.

Beetlejuice (1988)....nuff said

Ernest Goes to Camp (1987). I watched this movie over and over as a kid. I still pop it in from time to time now, lol.

Plains, Trains, and Automobiles (1987). John Candy. Steve Martin. What's not to love?

Chasing Amy (1997). Another Kevin Smith/Ben Affleck collaboration, and probably the best efforts for both.

The Birdcage (1996). One of the funniest movies ever made. Amazing dialogue, and a great performances by Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, and Gene Hackman.

"So this is Hell....and there's a crucifix in it."

Love it, lol.

vCash
    In no particular order:

1. Oh Brother Where Art Thou
    2. Apollo 13
    3. Master and Commander
    4. Jeremiah Johnson