Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baseball News

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I'm going to Trustmark tonight for the Mississippi State night. I'm going to Sun Trust on the 17th to the Mississippi State night there.
    I like going to trustmark too. AA is really devoid of talent outside of Wilson and Wright though. Oh, at least Cumberland got promoted

vCash
    So how are our players doing in summer ball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Are you on a work computer? Something is blocking your access to twitter.
    Happens at my job along with a bunch of other stuff, thank goodness for hot spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So how are our players doing in summer ball?
    MSU Baseball Summer League Stats as of July 23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Thanks.

That's the same stat line breaux had a month ago. Is he injured again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Gilbert - .097 avg in 31 ABs.. Yikes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Gilbert - .097 avg in 31 ABs.. Yikes
    One of the new catchers might start next year.

vCash

Get a guy to college and he isn't going to dislike it....

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Great recruiting approach. Chances are if he makes it here and is around his teammates, college freedom, college girls, etc he'll stay. College can be among the greatest years of one's life. Yeah, money, I know... Still seems like it would be pretty easy to keep him if he just made here.
    Get a few cleat chasers after him and I am sure he would soon realize the college exprience is alright, alright!

vCash
    Thanks.

That's the same stat line breaux had a month ago. Is he injured again?
    I think he left his summer team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    One of the new catchers might start next year.
    I think it's probably going to be Hayden Jones unless Cheesebrough gets the older guys up to speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think he left his summer team.
    Any idea as to why?

vCash
    I think it's probably going to be Hayden Jones unless Cheesebrough gets the older guys up to speed.
    I hope it is Hayden Jones. His ceiling is the highest of any catcher we have at State.

vCash
    Any idea as to why?
    No idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I hope it is Hayden Jones. His ceiling is the highest of any catcher we have at State.
    I agree. He reminds me a little bit of Hunter Stovall. Luke Hancock may be an option at catcher as well.

vCash
    No idea.
    I can?t think of any good reason why he would leave. Hopefully his arm is ok

vCash
    I'll be happy if carter makes it state. I'll be mad at AA at the same time. Basketball, I like state more than anyone. Football, I like state more than anyone. Baseball, state is 2nd to the braves. College baseball just isn't that great of a sport with the best players going milb, scholarship limitations, umpiring is awful, and college baseball just isn't a national sport like basketball and football
    I love college football BUT college baseball is representative of what all college sports SHOULD be like. That is, played almost exclusively by guys that actually want to be college students and weren't bought by the fanbases to get them to their school. I personally wish all college sports were more like college baseball in the sense that guys that have no business being a college student and just have their hand out to the highest bidder actually had another alternative to get to the pros.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I love college football BUT college baseball is representative of what all college sports SHOULD be like. That is, played almost exclusively by guys that actually want to be college students and weren't bought by the fanbases to get them to their school. I personally wish all college sports were more like college baseball in the sense that guys that have no business being a college student and just have their hand out to the highest bidder actually had another alternative to get to the pros.
    Very well said! My sentiments exactly!

vCash
    I love college baseball, but I'm spoiled. I watched Raffy, Will, Jeff, Thiggy, Gator, Pete, Burke, Cohen, etc while I was a student. I saw a mlb allstar game everytime they took the field. The Braves. Lol

vCash
    Yep, College Baseball is the only student athlete sport. Except at Vanderbilt, were the kids have no majors and watch TV for college credit

vCash
    Do you think college baseball players would turn down full scholarships and cash to sign if offered? College baseball players aren't superior human beings to football and basketball just bc they play a sport that isn't as popular