Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Chat-gate Scandal

vCash
    There may indeed be nothing at all to this. However, I have no doubt, based on Ole Miss' checkered past, that the NCAA will look into it. Will they find anything? I have no idea but I am not taking the Ole Miss AD's word for it that there is nothing more to the story, and I seriously doubt that the average Ole Miss fan will take their word, either. They have been down that "Trust Ross" path before and got burned. Ole Miss fans are hoping that Bjork is telling them the truth this time, because they know that the NCAA will not take their word for it, and are going to look into it. I remember back during the Redmond/Devinner situation, I would tell anyone who would listen that it would turn out to not be a very big deal. (And, it wasn't.) However, in the back of my mind, I was very nervous because I knew the NCAA would dig further, and the potential is always there for every school in the SEC, for something nefarious to turn up.
    Kid yourself not, this is not a "good thing" for Ole Mis and, know that there are a lot of tight assholes in Oxford right now.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 07-24-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Can anybody inform those of us who have no access other than Nafoom for tsun takes on all of this? Nafoom's gone silent on this shit last time I checked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Nothing will come of it, but I'm all for playing it up as a big deal so it can create another cloud over them and make their fans worry. Why not? They'd do it to us. F' em
    If just if the NCAA happens to get involved the bad publicity for Mississippi is golden. Opposing coaches saying Mississippi is under investigation to recruits and their parents is 'priceless'!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Can anybody inform those of us who have no access other than Nafoom for tsun takes on all of this? Nafoom's gone silent on this shit last time I checked.
    Seeing how Nafoom is one of the more rational OM communities (which is really saying something about the others), their silence may be a good indicator that it's more than trivial.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Seeing how Nafoom is one of the more rational OM communities (which is really saying something about the others), their silence may be a good indicator that it's more than trivial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Hahahahahah. Yep this shit again...... right there with you.

Banned
    vCash
    I will admit I like "Not This Shit Again" Too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Nothing will come of it, but I'm all for playing it up as a big deal so it can create another cloud over them and make their fans worry. Why not? They'd do it to us. F' em
    This is the correct take. I don't mind trying to make a big deal out of it just to jerk the chain of their fans. But the NCAA isn't going to do shit to them. They proved once and for all they're toothless and have no interest in enforcing the rules. All the NCAA wants is for the gravy train to keep rolling and the money to keep flowing. If pesky things like enforcing the rules threatens that, they'll turn a blind eye.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Could involve multiple boosters and yet again show a loss of insititutional control.
    Could it also involve other twitter accounts that seem to be closed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Probably, but another year of speculation only puts them further in the pit
    They are just on the edge of a pit until this appeal is decided. NCAA may give them a dump truck and a shovel.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Have any y'all been over there to check the shit over there lately? I've never seen such absolute deadness. Are they being funded by The Network?

vCash
    We could literally turn this board into a public network to coordinate booster payments to recruits and discuss every detail and it wouldn’t matter. That’s where we are with the NCAA at this point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    We could literally turn this board into a public network to coordinate booster payments to recruits and discuss every detail and it wouldn’t matter. That’s where we are with the NCAA at this point
    The NCAA has been"toothless" since they blew the investigation with the University of Miami. Lawyer up and they will fold. They love the status quo, $ wise.

vCash
    Have any y'all been over there to check the shit over there lately? I've never seen such absolute deadness. Are they being funded by The Network?
    I just went over there. They are having a meltdown over wearing all white uniforms in the season opener. Haha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I just went over there. They are having a meltdown over wearing all white uniforms in the season opener. Haha!
    Probably because it reminds them too much of the 2016 Egg Bowl.

Banned
    vCash
    The Network has turned over tsun social media to Russian Trump Trolling Con Bots.

Banned
    vCash
    Wearing all white and Ole Miss are two things that should never go together.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Wearing all white and Ole Miss are two things that should never go together.
    Rep Given. Well at least I tried, got screwed by the JP Rule. How the 17's that? When did I last rep YOU? Was I Drunk?

vCash
    Rep Given. Well at least I tried, got screwed by the JP Rule. How the 17's that? When did I last rep YOU? Was I Drunk?
    Haha.

Banned
    vCash
    Every time you use a Reagan gif it deducts your ability to give rep to someone. You're in the hole like -500 rep attempts right now.