Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: John Emery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I love the optimism & I hope you're right, but I'm not sure if the issues with types of recruits can be solved by winning & I'm not sure if you can win the necessary amount to land these types of recruits without having these types of recruits on the field.

This is not the first time we've been in this type of recruiting battle, whether it's Emery, Humphrey, Scarborough, Akers, Sullivan, Perriloux, & others, we've been here before but have trouble breaking through.

KT is probably the best example of us breaking through, &, I could be wrong, but KT & Dak both felt like mis-evaluations by LSU's staff & they didn't figure it out till too late. With Whop, we were lucky to KT & I'm not sure LSU really ever pushed him.

Unless we are going to start winning all the in-state battles, we've got to pull of some of these recruitments, if we want to take the next step.
    Winning more = slightly better recruits = winning more = slightly better recruits = winning more = championship = big time recruits. That's the real game plan and that is the trajectory we are on IF Jomo takes us to the next level or at least keeps us as 8-10 wins per season. We are building a program for sustainability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    LSU thought that Bennan kid was better than KT.
    Agree. We've landed some big recruits out of Louisiana, but they are almost exclusively guys that LSU mis-evaluated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Is that against NCAA rules? If not that would be pretty cool to have Barkley give him a call and mention that 31 mil contract he just signed
    Well there is certainly no way Barkley could be construed as a MSU booster.

vCash
    The Emery news was devastating, but not surprising, to read upon my return from vacation. Living in New Orleans, I knew it was an issue when he postponed his announcement. The recruiting shows had him down here as a virtual lock for MSU with Georgia in the mix and lsu barely on the radar. Moorhead was selling him on the Barkley role. I hope it's not over, but this stings. I imagine the pressure is incredible coming from lsu locals. Nice new whip too, Emery...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbarkus View Post
    The Emery news was devastating, but not surprising, to read upon my return from vacation. Living in New Orleans, I knew it was an issue when he postponed his announcement. The recruiting shows had him down here as a virtual lock for MSU with Georgia in the mix and lsu barely on the radar. Moorhead was selling him on the Barkley role. I hope it's not over, but this stings. I imagine the pressure is incredible coming from lsu locals. Nice new whip too, Emery...
    I could imagine a situation where the local pressure is high & the kid just holds off from committing & signs with us on signing day, thus eliminating the local pressure

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    The Emery news was devastating....
    Did he commit already??
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Did he commit already??
    No, but I believe he will soon...and it won't be MSU.

vCash
    Love your optimistic attitude. Do you have first hand knowledge on this, and if so, please advise as to how you are so certain he won't sign with MSU.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Love your optimistic attitude. Do you have first hand knowledge on this, and if so, please advise as to how you are so certain he won't sign with MSU.
    Yes...considering it is JULY! I would love to see an answer.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    It's just being realistic. Steve Robertson reported it, so that's all anyone can go on unless they know people personally.

vCash
    NM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Still kind of ticked about that game. Should've beaten them and A&M that year and been 9-0 when Bama came to town.
    Which would have set up another ?We Believe Part 2? ass Kicking by Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree. We've landed some big recruits out of Louisiana, but they are almost exclusively guys that LSU mis-evaluated.
    And initially did not want until it was far too late in the process to land them
    Which is is what you said. Never mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Yes...considering it is JULY! I would love to see an answer.
    You calling him to state?

vCash
    And if it’s not MSU it won’t be over.
    And if it’s not UGA it won’t be over.
    And if it’s not LSU it won’t be over.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    And if it’s not MSU it won’t be over.
    And if it’s not UGA it won’t be over.
    And if it’s not LSU it won’t be over.
    Well I guess that's about all Ari's Got to Say About That. Not much left of that story.