Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Emery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Because its very fishy that Emery's take on LSU changes drastically during the dead period. Sounds just like something that would happen with OM recruiting and we know OM got their playbook from O.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I would agree if he had showed any interest in LSU before now and they were in any way a good football fit for him.

Something is extremely fishy here.

My God some of you sound like such babies who are too used to getting their way.

Do you not think it is possible that during the down period locals got to talk and pressure him. Meanwhile, no MSU contact because of dead period made it a little easier to hear what they were saying?

Why do some people automatically assume some one is cheating just because we lose some ground. Get over yourselves and take off the maroon tinted glasses every once and a while.

Banned
    vCash
    It does appear LSU is targeting us viciously these days. They still remember us taking Dak and two recent ass drubbings has them mad.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I gather two things about this situation.
    1. During the "dead period" LSU has made a move. Whether it is family and friends getting in his ear or the Staff at LSU making the most out of the dead period opportunities, it really doesn't matter.
    2. Its not over, so everyone needs to keep it chill. LSU has more RBs on roster. They have more RBs currently committed. Their offense is a question mark, just the same as ours. Its only July.

What I don't get, is why Emery would want to sign with another RB in the class? He is one tweaked knee at the wrong time like during fall camp away from missing an opportunity long term. Coach O has never had an elite RB play for him. S Barkley should go to this guys house and testify.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    1. During the "dead period" LSU has made a move. Whether it is family and friends getting in his ear or the Staff at LSU making the most out of the dead period opportunities, it really doesn't matter.
    2. Its not over, so everyone needs to keep it chill. LSU has more RBs on roster. They have more RBs currently committed. Their offense is a question mark, just the same as ours. Its only July.

What I don't get, is why Emery would want to sign with another RB in the class? He is one tweaked knee at the wrong time like during fall camp away from missing an opportunity long term. Coach O has never had an elite RB play for him. S Barkley should go to this guys house and testify.
    Is that against NCAA rules? If not that would be pretty cool to have Barkley give him a call and mention that 31 mil contract he just signed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post

Emery is not worried about the competition but I assure you the other RB commit will be worried about getting playing time behind him. Emery is elite, go watch his film.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Is that against NCAA rules? If not that would be pretty cool to have Barkley give him a call and mention that 31 mil contract he just signed
    I don't think that would help anything. When it comes to RB's and putting them in the league, LSU would have a HUGE advantage over us.
    No Signature

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I don't think that would help anything. When it comes to RB's and putting them in the league, LSU would have a HUGE advantage over us.
    And the coaches and schemes he will be learning and developing from the next 4 years at LSU will have dick to do with past LSU NFL RB's. JO MO has a much better recent example than O. Just replay the goal line stand we did against LSU for Emery. Then ask him "See that LSU RB? , Don't be that LSU RB"

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    My God some of you sound like such babies who are too used to getting their way.

Do you not think it is possible that during the down period locals got to talk and pressure him. Meanwhile, no MSU contact because of dead period made it a little easier to hear what they were saying?

Why do some people automatically assume some one is cheating just because we lose some ground. Get over yourselves and take off the maroon tinted glasses every once and a while.
    Yea, ok. 5 star prospects in a conference with 9 figure athletic budgets don't sign for free anywhere. Welcome to big time recruiting.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    And the coaches and schemes he will be learning and developing from the next 4 years at LSU will have dick to do with past LSU NFL RB's. JO MO has a much better recent example than O. Just replay the goal line stand we did against LSU for Emery. Then ask him "See that LSU RB? , Don't be that LSU RB"
    If you don't think they are using the Guice, Fournette angle then I don't know what to tell you. Realistically, you are exactly right but it is all about the perspective of a 17 year old kid.
    No Signature

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Emery is visiting UGA this weekend. If he had just been bought & paid for by LSU I doubt he'd be on his way 4 states over for a visit. Something just isn't adding up in this situation. Again I could be 100% wrong but I think the LSU done deal talk was premature. I still like MSU chances & im going down with the ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Emery is visiting UGA this weekend. If he had just been bought & paid for by LSU I doubt he'd be on his way 4 states over for a visit. Something just isn't adding up in this situation. Again I could be 100% wrong but I think the LSU done deal talk was premature. I still like MSU chances & im going down with the ship.
    Aye, Aye! Captain!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    It does appear LSU is targeting us viciously these days. They still remember us taking Dak and two recent ass drubbings has them mad.

This. They?re not used to us handing it to them. These two schools have played more than anybody else in the conference. It?s not really a rivalry, and we don?t have to manufacture a rivalry to make ourselves feel better by pretending that one of the big boys thinks about us as much as we think about them. But it is a perception thing. You can?t lose a Louisiana 5* from your backyard to MSU.

Why an offensive player of his caliber would play for O blows my mind. He doesn?t even know what kind of offense he wants to run. They?ve changed it three times between the spread and power I since last year. They?re gonna be woeful on offense this season. They have nobody who can play on that side of the ball. Nobody. Watch the Spring games (yeah, yeah. I know, but still) and tell me which head coach looks like he?s got it together. It ain?t Yaw Yaw.

And , really, O has to do something. This is gonna be. 6-6 type year for them, at best 3-5 in conference, probably even 2-6. 2/3 of the fans down there don?t want Onto begin with. They wanted Fischer. It?s desperate on the Bayou.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    This. They?re not used to us handing it to them. These two schools have played more than anybody else in the conference. It?s not really a rivalry, and we don?t have to manufacture a rivalry to make ourselves feel better by pretending that one of the big boys thinks about us as much as we think about them. But it is a perception thing. You can?t lose a Louisiana 5* from your backyard to MSU.

Why an offensive player of his caliber would play for O blows my mind. He doesn?t even know what kind of offense he wants to run. They?ve changed it three times between the spread and power I since last year. They?re gonna be woeful on offense this season. They have nobody who can play on that side of the ball. Nobody. Watch the Spring games (yeah, yeah. I know, but still) and tell me which head coach looks like he?s got it together. It ain?t Yaw Yaw.

And , really, O has to do something. This is gonna be. 6-6 type year for them, at best 3-5 in conference, probably even 2-6. 2/3 of the fans down there don?t want Onto begin with. They wanted Fischer. It?s desperate on the Bayou.
    Feels like we are kicking their ass in Tiger Stadium this year away from having ourselves another viscous rivalry.

Banned
    vCash
    We should have easily netted 3/4 verses them lately. 2015 was a flub. State doesn?t fear LSU anymore.

vCash
    Not saying it's over. But, the fact that we are in the game with him at all speaks volumes to how far we have come. We keep winning and keep on the right track we will start to land a few of these guys here and there.

Building a program from a solid foundation takes time and effort on all fronts from fans to coaches to the adminstration. All of the pieces are falling into place.

If we continue to win with JOMO it will show everybody that this wasn't just a Dan Mullen thing and was actually a program that was being built and taking the next step. Bigger than any one coach.

We will be alright and are in the process of putting together a really solid class. The world isn't ending. Football season does need to get here though, the off season is in full swing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Not saying it's over. But, the fact that we are in the game with him at all speaks volumes to how far we have come. We keep winning and keep on the right track we will start to land a few of these guys here and there.

Building a program from a solid foundation takes time and effort on all fronts from fans to coaches to the adminstration. All of the pieces are falling into place.

If we continue to win with JOMO it will show everybody that this wasn't just a Dan Mullen thing and was actually a program that was being built and taking the next step. Bigger than any one coach.

We will be alright and are in the process of putting together a really solid class. The world isn't ending. Football season does need to get here though, the off season is in full swing.
    I love the optimism & I hope you're right, but I'm not sure if the issues with types of recruits can be solved by winning & I'm not sure if you can win the necessary amount to land these types of recruits without having these types of recruits on the field.

This is not the first time we've been in this type of recruiting battle, whether it's Emery, Humphrey, Scarborough, Akers, Sullivan, Perriloux, & others, we've been here before but have trouble breaking through.

KT is probably the best example of us breaking through, &, I could be wrong, but KT & Dak both felt like mis-evaluations by LSU's staff & they didn't figure it out till too late. With Whop, we were lucky to KT & I'm not sure LSU really ever pushed him.

Unless we are going to start winning all the in-state battles, we've got to pull of some of these recruitments, if we want to take the next step.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    We should have easily netted 3/4 verses them lately. 2015 was a flub. State doesn?t fear LSU anymore.
    Still kind of ticked about that game. Should've beaten them and A&M that year and been 9-0 when Bama came to town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    If he's a no-show at BDC it's over....stick a fork in it
    He said a month ago he would not be at BDC. Same weekend as his trip to UGA for their unveiling of their stadium addition

vCash
    I love the optimism & I hope you're right, but I'm not sure if the issues with types of recruits can be solved by winning & I'm not sure if you can win the necessary amount to land these types of recruits without having these types of recruits on the field.

This is not the first time we've been in this type of recruiting battle, whether it's Emery, Humphrey, Scarborough, Akers, Sullivan, Perriloux, & others, we've been here before but have trouble breaking through.

KT is probably the best example of us breaking through, &, I could be wrong, but KT & Dak both felt like mis-evaluations by LSU's staff & they didn't figure it out till too late. With Whop, we were lucky to KT & I'm not sure LSU really ever pushed him.

Unless we are going to start winning all the in-state battles, we've got to pull of some of these recruitments, if we want to take the next step.
    LSU thought that Bennan kid was better than KT.

vCash
    Feels like we are kicking their ass in Tiger Stadium this year away from having ourselves another viscous rivalry.
    It will be a struggle for us to win at Tiger stadium.