Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Emery

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Pretty clear what happened here.

Crazy how schools can so blatantly get away with this stuff
    Of course they upped the ante. LSU getting a Louisiana kid is not raising any red flags anywhere though. Just like getting Jeff Simmons didn’t raise any flags for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    LSU is LSU. If they want a kid, they will get in his ear. If they feel like they're losing ground, they'll do a little more. We know how this shit works.
    yep...^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Maybe we should not expect to, but I admire the staff for trying. A lot of highly recruited Louisiana kids go out of state, usually to a top program. We just have to convince them that we are a top program. This is one way that "always being underrated" hurts us.

Yeah, but we play better as underdogs**************************

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Weren?t we told for months not to worry about him? You had to know something was up when he pushed his date back. It is never a good thing when that happens. I don?t care what any of the ?experts? say
    Speaking of experts, why don't you fix your GD phone already genius? You're like the last poster with random question marks throughout their whole whiny ass posts.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    If he's a no-show at BDC it's over....stick a fork in it
    And then when we skull **** LSU in Baton Rouge, we'll be back in it. Jeez, it's July.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    And then when we skull **** LSU in Baton Rouge, we'll be back in it. Jeez, it's July.
    It won't matter...by this time next week we will be forced to go all in on our 2nd, third or fourth option. We will likely have to pick up two backs. Emery is in now or just out.

vCash
    How about no

vCash
    My God I hope most of yall dont flip shit and cry a river when something like this happens at your jobs.

None of us REALLY know the kid, his family, or where he is going to go. I can tell you MSU is not fading away with him even IF he commits to LSU. Its July.

Let it play out. We are fine

vCash
    Long way to the early and last signing day. Results on the field could make a big difference. Losing a 5 star from La to LSU won't bother me near as much as MS players in the best class in ages going out of state to bama (they usually get who they want) and especially AU (really will sting), etc. The article on 24/7 regarding our last 10 targets was written as a real downer as it looked like we would get out recruited on virtually every one by various SEC "big boys". Love the effort by our new staff but we will need to hold the ones we have and finish stronger than in past years. Maybe BDC will bring more good news. Hail State!

vCash
    It is well known that players hate orgeron. Play this up along with other stuff.

vCash
    Pretty clear what happened here.

Crazy how schools can so blatantly get away with this stuff
    f everything we have heard about Emery and lsu is true, then we know what happened. We just have to find a way to make things equal on that front. I feel pretty good saying that our coaches are considerably better than lsu?s. If Aries and Kylin can put up big numbers in the new offense, that will be hard to turn down if everything else is equal.[/QUOTE]

I am uncomfortable with all things equal. I know you realize Mississippi is spending unprecedented amounts of money to get us busted and bring us down to their level.
    ANYBODY WHO HAS ANY INCLINATION TO HELP OUR RECRUITING EFFORTS NEEDS TO STOP. MSU does not need your help!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    f everything we have heard about Emery and lsu is true, then we know what happened. We just have to find a way to make things equal on that front. I feel pretty good saying that our coaches are considerably better than lsu?s. If Aries and Kylin can put up big numbers in the new offense, that will be hard to turn down if everything else is equal.
    I am uncomfortable with all things equal. I know you realize Mississippi is spending unprecedented amounts of money to get us busted and bring us down to their level.
    ANYBODY WHO HAS ANY INCLINATION TO HELP OUR RECRUITING EFFORTS NEEDS TO STOP. MSU does not need your help![/QUOTE]

Down to their level? They have 24 commits and are ranked about 15th because of the #. There are about a dozen named schools that will move above them, especially if they lose Black and/or Ealy. It is a shame that they can even get the players that they have committed now after all that they have done. Heck, the Mueller investigation will probably be finished before the NCAA decides on their appeal and finishes the slap on the hand. We do need to always watch our back.

Banned
    vCash
    I simply don’t understand how we could lose a 5* kid from
    Louisiana to LSU********Thats IF we even “lose” him
    To begin with. Rest assured, if they win this battle, their commanding general is Ed Orgeron. They’re losing the war.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Of course they upped the ante. LSU getting a Louisiana kid is not raising any red flags anywhere though. Just like getting Jeff Simmons didn’t raise any flags for us.
    When is the last time programs like Bama, LSU or Georgia raised any flags getting anyone from anywhere? They can basically do as they please without really worrying about any consequences.

vCash
    I don't get the sentiment that LSU must be cheating if they get emery. Seems most everyone looking at this recruiting battle would think it was us cheating if we get him. No, I'm not saying we're cheating...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    When is the last time programs like Bama, LSU or Georgia raised any flags getting anyone from anywhere? They can basically do as they please without really worrying about any consequences.
    Don't forget Auburn and Scam Newton. They are also hitting the MS. class really hard. Two commits and two more highly ranked targets.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 07-23-2018 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't get the sentiment that LSU must be cheating if they get emery. Seems most everyone looking at this recruiting battle would think it was us cheating if we get him. No, I'm not saying we're cheating...
    Because its very fishy that Emery's take on LSU changes drastically during the dead period. Sounds just like something that would happen with OM recruiting and we know OM got their playbook from O.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I would agree if he had showed any interest in LSU before now and they were in any way a good football fit for him.

Something is extremely fishy here.

vCash
    I would agree if he had showed any interest in LSU before now and they were in any way a good football fit for him.

Something is extremely fishy here.
    There's always going to be a lot of local pressure on players from Louisiana that LSU wants. And if LSU has to pay a local recruit they're going to get away with it 99 out of 100 times because they have no rival to turn them in.

See Landon Collins as exhibit A.

It goes both ways. If we by chance happen to land Nakobe Dean no one is going to question it other than Ole Miss fans.

Banned
    vCash
    We can't get Emery, but they sure as hell can come in and get Smith from Pontotoc. Just the way it is.