Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Emery

vCash

John Emery

According to Steve, there is a rising sense that Emery will commit to LSU within the next few days and that he won't be attending Big Dawg Camp.

What the hell has gone on during dead period? Didn't think he had any interest in LSU and now he's likely to commit?

vCash
    He got a taste of Coach O's gumbo.**

vCash
    Weren?t we told for months not to worry about him? You had to know something was up when he pushed his date back. It is never a good thing when that happens. I don?t care what any of the ?experts? say

vCash
    Freeze said he learned everything he knew about recruiting from O. I guess that's why ole miss was able to sway people during dead period when Freeze was there. With O at LSU he has just as much of a chance to win the SEC west as he would at State.

vCash
    Once he got the 5th star I knew the pressure from the locals would ramp up to peak levels. My question is, if we don't get Emery then who do we turn to at running back? Seems like we had most of our eggs in the Emery basket.

vCash
    We should never expect to beat LSU out for a Louisiana kid they truly want

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    According to Steve, there is a rising sense that Emery will commit to LSU within the next few days and that he won't be attending Big Dawg Camp.

What the hell has gone on during dead period? Didn't think he had any interest in LSU and now he's likely to commit?
    One thing I am certain on. This coaching staff won't concede anyone like the previous one did. It's not even close to over. Also, a lot of LSU folks like to put out a sense that any major recruit will naturally commit to them if they are in the State of LA. He may give a verbal to them but it won't be over by a long shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We should never expect to beat LSU out for a Louisiana kid they truly want
    Maybe we should not expect to, but I admire the staff for trying. A lot of highly recruited Louisiana kids go out of state, usually to a top program. We just have to convince them that we are a top program. This is one way that "always being underrated" hurts us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    One thing I am certain on. This coaching staff won't concede anyone like the previous one did. It's not even close to over. Also, a lot of LSU folks like to put out a sense that any major recruit will naturally commit to them if they are in the State of LA. He may give a verbal to them but it won't be over by a long shot.
    If he's a no-show at BDC it's over....stick a fork in it

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I'm hearing this LSU talk may be premature. I could be totally wrong & he commits to LSU at lunch. I don't think he commits this week. I think it's still in August & I think we still have a good chance. If I'm wrong then hey I'm wrong.

vCash
    Had Ari+IYOK+Bucky+Steve all said "John will pick State, but he enjoys the process and wants to have fun" I never would have worried about it. But Emery set a commitment date, he was wantign to shut it down. The second I heard he was pushing it back an taking his WHOLE FAMILY to UGA, I knew he was seriously considering other schools. Once a guy goes from "I'm setting my date to pick state" to "I'm pushing the date back so I can rethink" they seem to rarely come back. Lovett last class was an exception, but honestly I think he might have just been pulling a Leo and getting some cash from tsun.

For Emery to go from hard on state, to wanting to give UGA more time, to now heavily leaning LSU tells me we peaked and crashed hard in his mind. If his mind is changing this fast it bodes well for us being bale to change it in the next 4 months, I guess.

Who's the next RB? I assumed we stayed on Gray despite the Michigan commit, and will Emery... but does anyone know the top currently uncommitted RB on the board?

vCash
    Lsu has all the talent in the world but they are on a slow march into the wilderness. Have been since the middle of Miles’ tenure. With the new OC they have, it will get them there faster.

If everything we have heard about Emery and lsu is true, then we know what happened. We just have to find a way to make things equal on that front. I feel pretty good saying that our coaches are considerably better than lsu’s. If Aries and Kylin can put up big numbers in the new offense, that will be hard to turn down if everything else is equal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Lsu has all the talent in the world but they are on a slow march into the wilderness. Have been since the middle of Miles’ tenure. With the new OC they have, it will get them there faster.

If everything we have heard about Emery and lsu is true, then we know what happened. We just have to find a way to make things equal on that front. I feel pretty good saying that our coaches are considerably better than lsu’s. If Aries and Kylin can put up big numbers in the new offense, that will be hard to turn down if everything else is equal.
    Pretty clear what happened here.

Crazy how schools can so blatantly get away with this stuff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Pretty clear what happened here.

Crazy how schools can so blatantly get away with this stuff
    You think he is getting extra benefits to go to LSU but was coming here for no extra benefits?

I'd rather him committ to LSU than UGA. Solid chance O is fired after 6-6 this season.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Weren?t we told for months not to worry about him? You had to know something was up when he pushed his date back. It is never a good thing when that happens. I don?t care what any of the ?experts? say
    Yes we were told this many times....by IMPECCABLE sources!!*
    No Signature

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post

This is where we are going to find out just how different this staff is from the other one...
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    This is where we are going to find out just how different this staff is from the other one...
    That's already been shown regarding the emphasis each staff places on recruiting. To be determined regarding development and wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Agree with this. It's these types of situations that separate the men recruiters from the boys.

Mullen would've quit at this point with Emery. We'll see what happens

vCash
    LSU is LSU. If they want a kid, they will get in his ear. If they feel like they're losing ground, they'll do a little more. We know how this shit works.

vCash
    I figured we would have a hard time getting him after the July 9 day passed and he later got his 5th star. Tough to compete with LSU and Orgeron close by. My hope is that he wait until after the season to commit.