Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is There a Bigger Eye Sore in Power 5 CFB Than the M-Club Building?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
    The M-club doesn't look that bad, it's the awkwardness of the scoreboard in front of it.
    It looks terrible on TV and looks cheap

Have some self awareness people. You can't move forward when you're delusional about the present

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Seriously, let's get real here. Is there a bigger eye sore in power 5 football than that building?

As far we've come as university & with our athletic facilities, it's unreal to me that the front porch of school still has the equivalent of toilet sitting on it.

Want the change the perception of facilities, tearing down that place is a good place to start. It makes us look cheap & poor

Donate the money and they will call it Shotgun Hall. There are other more pressing needs than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    The main thing I dislike about the south end right now is how we incorporated the jumbo-tron - it looks stuck on (because it was).
    I really don't worry about it much because I know when the time comes to replace it or bowl in the endzone, we have proven we hire the right designers now to handle the project.
    That's why I used Bobby Dodd as an example as an eyesore - not a single part of that stadium is integrated into any other part of the stadium architecturally. It makes our unbalanced east and west upper decks look well planned.

It's sad too - Bobby Dodd used to look like a cool old stadium when I was a kid - this is 1983

I like Bobby Dodd. That place has character. It's not like every other soulless bowl. Symmetrical stadiums ar sterile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Yea there is..and it's on our campus.. it's directly behind the M-Club and you can see it in your first picture.
    Why you hatin' on Dorman Hall????***
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You must have never been to a game there then.
    I will say one thing. When I went to that 1100am (noon your time) scorcher last year before heading to Athens afterward...I was quite jealous of those south end zone seats that had shade for the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I like Bobby Dodd. That place has character. It's not like every other soulless bowl. Symmetrical stadiums ar sterile.
    It is ugly. But I thought it had character.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Donate the money and they will call it Shotgun Hall. There are other more pressing needs than that.
    We've got money and I think sprucing up the front porch of the school is of the upmost importance.

vCash
    Seriously, let's get real here. Is there a bigger eye sore in power 5 football than that building?

As far we've come as university & with our athletic facilities, it's unreal to me that the front porch of school still has the equivalent of toilet sitting on it.

Want the change the perception of facilities, tearing down that place is a good place to start. It makes us look cheap & poor

It's not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. They just gutted it and remodeled the interior last summer.

vCash
    Ain't no sense in polishing a turd. It has served it's purpose
    And it still has purpose.. It's not going to be the visitors locker room again, as well as continuing to host our student alumni.
    It will be replaced in time.. the scoreboard is now 10 years old, technology doesn't last forever.
    We will replace it when we bowl in the endzone. There isn't a need for that at this time.

vCash
    You'll have to convince John Cohen, because he thinks that MSU being the only school in the SEC without an indoor tennis facility makes us look bad. He also wants to renovate the Hump.

You've said tear it down, but what will take it's place?

vCash
    It looks terrible on TV and looks cheap

Have some self awareness people. You can't move forward when you're delusional about the present
    Maybe you're the one that needs self awareness since you're not in the majority thus far on this thread. I'm fine with it. And Brunswick is correct, the GT stadium is ****in' fugly... and if you think our stadium is worse you are either delusional or need your old eyes checked.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryDawg View Post
    It's not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. They just gutted it and remodeled the interior last summer.
    Our loss then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Maybe you're the one that needs self awareness since you're not in the majority thus far on this thread. I'm fine with it. And Brunswick is correct, the GT stadium is ****in' fugly... and if you think our stadium is worse you are either delusional or need your old eyes checked.
    I didn't say our stadium was bad. Just that the M Club is a deer camp quality eye sore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I will say one thing. When I went to that 1100am (noon your time) scorcher last year before heading to Athens afterward...I was quite jealous of those south end zone seats that had shade for the whole game.

It is ugly. But I thought it had character.
    I bet you did need that shade - that day was hot as hell.

I don't mind a certain level of asymmetry as long as it looks like there is a cohesive plan. But Dodd, and Vaught-Hemmingway, both suffer from some poor planning and poor priorities when they did their renovations over the years.
    The biggest benefit of the renovations at Dodd over the years are getting rid of the track that hadn't been used since the late 1950s and the elimination of the piss creek that served as a urinal until the mid 1980s. Piss creek made the Templeton Troughs seem sanitary and modern.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    The M-club doesn't look that bad, it's the awkwardness of the scoreboard in front of it. Some people like it though because it looks like a bulldog sitting.....sort of, if you can really use your imagination. In today's college football, I'm not sure you can justify bowling it in because it's so hard to sell tickets. I think we've only had more than 60K twice since Dak left. It could definitely look better, but it's not awful.
    3 times...barely.
    2016 - Auburn 60,102
    2017 - LSU 60,596
    Alabama - 61,344

vCash
    We've got money and I think sprucing up the front porch of the school is of the upmost importance.

We have money. We don't have money to spend just to spend. The need is not there right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    3 times...barely.
    2016 - Auburn 60,102
    2017 - LSU 60,596
    Alabama - 61,344
    one sellout....yikes. We had 39 straight sellouts, or something like that. Then expanded and it was spotty, then Dak left and it takes Alabama to sell it out. That doesn't give the admin much reason to spend millions on any more expansion. With TV the way it is now, it's really hard to envision that we'll ever bowl it in - it's just hard to get people to come to games, let alone stay for four quarters.

vCash
    But what would you do with it? Bowl it in and add seats? The consequence would be empty seats on TV for all but the biggest games.

vCash
    one sellout....yikes. We had 39 straight sellouts, or something like that. Then expanded and it was spotty, then Dak left and it takes Alabama to sell it out. That doesn't give the admin much reason to spend millions on any more expansion. With TV the way it is now, it's really hard to envision that we'll ever bowl it in - it's just hard to get people to come to games, let alone stay for four quarters.
    Then don't expand the stadium. Just build something that is Representative of our university in that end zone.

vCash
    My solution: Moorhead takes us to Atlanta this year forcing a necessary expansion. Bye bye, M Club.

vCash
    Then don't expand the stadium. Just build something that is Representative of our university in that end zone.
    Something more like what Mercer has?

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18