Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is There a Bigger Eye Sore in Power 5 CFB Than the M-Club Building?

vCash

Is There a Bigger Eye Sore in Power 5 CFB Than the M-Club Building?

Seriously, let's get real here. Is there a bigger eye sore in power 5 football than that building?

As far we've come as university & with our athletic facilities, it's unreal to me that the front porch of school still has the equivalent of toilet sitting on it.

Want the change the perception of facilities, tearing down that place is a good place to start. It makes us look cheap & poor

vCash
    Seen the inside? The outside is nice.

vCash
    Do you get paid for every thread you start? If so, how about you donate some of that to make this change you're proposing.

What perception are you referring to? I don't think I've ever come across anyone that has stated this is a pressing need (but maybe I don't get out and about and hang with big donors like yourself). I'd say replacing the plywood in the Palmeiro Center would be a bigger bang for the buck than this.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't think it looks that bad....but to answer your question, yes there is a bigger eye sore in football......maybe not Power 5 but still quite the eye sore

Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 07-23-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    No Signature

vCash
    The south endzone expansion will be underway in 2 to 3 years, if I had to guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Do you get paid for every thread you start? If so, how about you donate some of that to make this change you're proposing.

What perception are you referring to? I don't think I've ever come across anyone that has stated this is a pressing need (but maybe I don't get out and about and hang with big donors like yourself). I'd say replacing the plywood in the Palmeiro Center would be a bigger bang for the buck than this.
    This is a clueless post

You really think changing out the NON-plywood in the Palmeiro Center that only limited number of people get see is a better investment than replacing an eye sore in a stadium that is the front porch of our university & something that millions & millions of people lay eyes on?

It's small minded, ridiculous thinking like this that put the school in a hole to begin with in which we are only now building our way out of.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-23-2018 at 09:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Seen the inside? The outside is nice.
    Yeesh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I don't think it looks that bad....but to answer your question, yes there is a bigger eye sore in power 5 football......

And it is just as bad IRL as it is in pictures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I don't think it looks that bad....but to answer your question, yes there is a bigger eye sore in power 5 football......

Not a power 5 football program. Doesn't qualify

I say power 5 because Power 5 program have resources & I have no interest in comparing ourselves to non-power 5 schools.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not a power 5 football program. Doesn't qualify

I say power 5 because Power 5 program have resources & I have no interest in comparing ourselves to non-power 5 schools.
    I edited after I realized I the mistake
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

+1 Rep given!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Bobby Dodd Stadium beats any embarrassment we could ever produce.

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Bobby Dodd Stadium beats any embarrassment we could ever produce.

I don't see anything there that looks as cheap as the M-Club building.

vCash
    I don't see anything there that looks as cheap as the M-Club building.
    You must have never been to a game there then.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    A little brick on the facade and tie it into the East/West sides and it will blend.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You must have never been to a game there then.
    Maybe in person it looks cheap, but not on TV

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    A little brick on the facade and tie it into the East/West sides and it will blend.
    Ain't no sense in polishing a turd. It has served it's purpose

vCash
    Seriously, let's get real here. Is there a bigger eye sore in power 5 football than that building?

As far we've come as university & with our athletic facilities, it's unreal to me that the front porch of school still has the equivalent of toilet sitting on it.

Want the change the perception of facilities, tearing down that place is a good place to start. It makes us look cheap & poor

Yea there is..and it's on our campus.. it's directly behind the M-Club and you can see it in your first picture.

vCash
    The M-club doesn't look that bad, it's the awkwardness of the scoreboard in front of it. Some people like it though because it looks like a bulldog sitting.....sort of, if you can really use your imagination. In today's college football, I'm not sure you can justify bowling it in because it's so hard to sell tickets. I think we've only had more than 60K twice since Dak left. It could definitely look better, but it's not awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    The main thing I dislike about the south end right now is how we incorporated the jumbo-tron - it looks stuck on (because it was).
    I really don't worry about it much because I know when the time comes to replace it or bowl in the endzone, we have proven we hire the right designers now to handle the project.
    That's why I used Bobby Dodd as an example as an eyesore - not a single part of that stadium is integrated into any other part of the stadium architecturally. It makes our unbalanced east and west upper decks look well planned.

It's sad too - Bobby Dodd used to look like a cool old stadium when I was a kid - this is 1983

- Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18