Thread: Will we resign these football player from 2017 class

Will we resign these football player from 2017 class

Noah Ellis
    Josh Cooper
    Jaquavious Collins

vCash
    No info, just speculation but the ship has probably sailed. We got some cruitin machines now. No need for juco recruits unless they can really make a difference

Banned
    vCash
    Nope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    No info, just speculation but the ship has probably sailed. We got some cruitin machines now. No need for juco recruits unless they can really make a difference
    Wasn't Noah Ellis legit though? Think maybe we were on him because of a connection between a former staffer and his NFL dad? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

But yes, based on current trend and assuming this staff closes, I think we'll still have some holes to plug on the OL from JUCO, at least for depth, in the next couple of years, but other than that, I'm not sure we'll be signing any JUCOs that don't look like instant impact players.

I guess if you aren't having much attrition and don't want to be put in a position where you are processing too many players, signing JUCOs lets you sign a full 25 and redshirt freshmen (which I assume we'll do even more now with the 4 game rule). But I think anybody recruiting well enough for taht to be an optino is typically going to be relentless enough that they don't mind processing a third of each class if they need too.

Banned
    vCash
    I think I remember Noah Ellis to have been legit as well. He was at some education deal up in Utah or something last I heard. Big OL I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I think I remember Noah Ellis to have been legit as well. He was at some education deal up in Utah or something last I heard. Big OL I think.
    I think he was from Colorado and was a 4 star DL. There was some connection there but I don't remember what.

vCash
    I remember wanting Noah Ellis as well. And Josh Cooper. Shame neither of those guys will get that shot at MSU.

vCash
    Noah Ellis' dad played for Coach Baker in the pro's.