Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 EPL thread.....

vCash

2018-2019 EPL thread.....

With the World Cup over the season is fast approaching. Many teams already have a friendly or two under their belts, minus their World Cup players of course. The silly season is well and truely rolling. I'm liking Liverpool's business done so far. If today's news is accurate I am LOVING it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    With the World Cup over the season is fast approaching. Many teams already have a friendly or two under their belts, minus their World Cup players of course. The silly season is well and truely rolling. I'm liking Liverpool's business done so far. If today's news is accurate I am LOVING it.
    Yep, LOVING it! Massive statement of ambition from Liverpool this summer. I think we still need a center half and possibly another striker but I'm very excited as is.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Okay. So Leicester might have lost one of our biggest pieces this year to Man City in Mahrez. However, Vardy is still doing well in form and Harry 17'n Maguire has shown why he was a good investment last year to grab. We grabbed Maddison in the transfer window which will provide a good spark of young talent for us. Our wingers will definitely have to step up this season with the departure of Mahrez. Everyone's pretty excited for this upcoming season, and I have a legit Leicester kit to wear now for games. Come on you Foxes. Foxes Never Quit!
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Also, here are Leicester's kits now that we're with Adidas

HOME

AWAY

c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Arsenal have gotten their buying business done, depending on Aaron Ramsey. I'm not really excited about a couple of our purchases, notably Sokratis and Leno. I do like landing Lichtsteiner as cover for Bellerin. And I'm giddy about Lucas Torreira.

Now we're down to trimming the squad. A couple of youth players, notably THE JEFF, were sold, but no one from the first team squad yet. It looks inevitable that Ospina is FINALLY sold. I'd expect one of Welbeck and Lucas Perez to be sent packing, too. Mustafi might go if the price is right.

First season post-Wenger is going to be strange and exciting. Can't wait for it to get started. COYG
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I haven't been on here in forever (thanks, grad school). Along the way my Southampton Saints barely avoided dropping down. We've since added a couple and moved a few out. I'm going to watch them and see if the Saints continue to fight around the bottom.

Because so much talk is devoted to the top 6, I'm kind of following Liverpool. Interesting talk about Alisson & his fee as a keeper, and Shaqiri- I've heard differing opinions on Shaqiri.

vCash
    Leicester is teasing their third kit. Looks like we will have a white third kit like last year. If so, as long as it's clean I'm happy

c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    4-1 over the bloody Mancs, the REAL ones, not the Middle Eastern Johnnies...….I'll take it....even if it IS the equivalent of a Tom Landry pre-season game!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Arsenal have gotten their buying business done, depending on Aaron Ramsey. I'm not really excited about a couple of our purchases, notably Sokratis and Leno. I do like landing Lichtsteiner as cover for Bellerin. And I'm giddy about Lucas Torreira.

Now we're down to trimming the squad. A couple of youth players, notably THE JEFF, were sold, but no one from the first team squad yet. It looks inevitable that Ospina is FINALLY sold. I'd expect one of Welbeck and Lucas Perez to be sent packing, too. Mustafi might go if the price is right.

First season post-Wenger is going to be strange and exciting. Can't wait for it to get started. COYG
    I think Leno is and upgrade and Sokratis will at the very least provide depth and push the starters. Wouldn?t be throwing parties for getting them but certainly wouldn?t be angry. Especially w Leno.

vCash
    Started following EPL and soccer in general a couple years ago. Haven't really found one team that I'm all in on, but I've started to gravitate toward Everton (sorry Liverpooldawg). They seem to be similar to State in that they are competitive in the league (competing for UCL/Europa), but don't attract top talent like the ManU's of the world. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still learning.

Is there any good way to watch EPL other than paying for the NBC gold? I'm still in grad school and don't want to pay for something unless it's the only way to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiochemDawg View Post
    Started following EPL and soccer in general a couple years ago. Haven't really found one team that I'm all in on, but I've started to gravitate toward Everton (sorry Liverpooldawg). They seem to be similar to State in that they are competitive in the league (competing for UCL/Europa), but don't attract top talent like the ManU's of the world. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still learning.

Is there any good way to watch EPL other than paying for the NBC gold? I'm still in grad school and don't want to pay for something unless it's the only way to watch.
    Everton is more like Ole Miss!

vCash

Most EPL games are on NBCSN, main channel, not just NBC Gold. But if you need an option, you can find every Game from Liverpool to Long Island on Reddit Soccer streams. Just google that on match day, find the game you want and find a stream that works.

vCash
    Leicester's third kit was revealed in our next to last pre-season match against Valencia...I don't like it

c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Most EPL games are on NBCSN, main channel, not just NBC Gold. But if you need an option, you can find every Game from Liverpool to Long Island on Reddit Soccer streams. Just google that on match day, find the game you want and find a stream that works.
    Thanks. I hadn't heard about the Reddit streams before, but I'll definitely be using that.

I wasn't too optimistic about Everton's season this time last week, but the reported Bernard signing has me hoping that maybe they won't be as bad as I thought. Hopefully Mina/Zouma deals can get done before deadline day. Lord knows that back line needs some serious help.

vCash

Newcastle is always looking for more people to suck the souls out of.

Like someone else said, Reddit has a forum for streams of pretty much every soccer game on earth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yep, LOVING it! Massive statement of ambition from Liverpool this summer. I think we still need a center half and possibly another striker but I'm very excited as is.
    But Man City's massive statements of ambition over years past were ruining the sport

vCash
    Any of you seen the skits from these guys?

vCash
    Well we lost to Man U today 2-1 at Old Trafford. Gave up a penalty in the 2nd minute with a handball in the box. Pogba, who actually captained the game, hit it top shelf for the first goal in the 3rd minute. Then we went on a long lull until about the 80th minute when we gave up a pretty damn good goal to go down 2-0. Then Vardy missed a volley that went very high. No worries, though, he came back and put in a poster into the bottom 90 to put us back within 1 with 2 minutes of stoppage left. However, we couldn't find the back of the net again for the equalizer. All in all, I can't really complain about today's game. Madders looked in form today. Ihenacho was pretty good and had some good shots on frame. Off to our next match against the Wolves at the King Power.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I can't overstate how much more fun Everton is to watch so far this season than they were last year. Up 2-0 over Southampton at the half. I thought we had overpaid for Richarlison this summer, but he's off to an incredible start. I hope we have this attacking mindset when we play the top 6 as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    But Man City's massive statements of ambition over years past were ruining the sport
    Liverpool has still not reclaimed what they used to be in the English transfer market. What City has been doing is new for them. Also take a look at net spends over the last few years. Liverpool is run like a business, City is run like a billionaire's toy.