Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will JoMo take us where Mullen couldn't?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I agree too. I think many of our fans are drastically underestimating how hard most of our games will be. We'll probably be favored in 9 or 10 of our games, but the vast majority are going to be less than a touchdown favorite. That's a lot of games that could go either way.
    The 2 we aren’t favored in could go either way as well.

vCash
    15-6 versus the east

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Wow! No wonder Florida wanted Dan. He dominates that eastern football powerhouse Kentucky and other Eastern lightweights. Record against top 25 is also impressive, Not! (Never carried us to the next level! Especially after annual bama loss, unprepared for UNM and start of job search b4 season's end). Much easier to win with today's 12 game schedule and 150 bowl games. Time to beat the big guys, top 25, and UNM very regularly. Hail JoMo, staff, team, and fans! Hail State!
    He can't touch Kirby Smart. Check his games against Kirby at UGA and as Bama's DC. I think he averages under 6-7 points per game against Kirby. Mullen's already a dead man walking in Gainsville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    He can't touch Kirby Smart. Check his games against Kirby at UGA and as Bama's DC. I think he averages under 6-7 points per game against Kirby. Mullen's already a dead man walking in Gainsville.
    "Dead man walking", but it his new Nikes.** Same act at the SEC meetings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Record vs top 25 is absolutely ridiculous.
    It was bad but he won some big games against current top 20 teams that finished outside of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    This is just dumb. The west is way more stacked than most of you are willing to admit. 7-5 wouldn't be good, but it's not out of this world crazy either. Definitely not enough to make a definitive judgment on a 1st year head coach.

We are good enough to win double digit games. The SEC is good enough to give us 5 losses. Let's just see how it plays out.
    It's not the record that matters, it's how it happens. Common fans know if their team is well coached without considering the record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Wow! No wonder Florida wanted Dan. He dominates that eastern football powerhouse Kentucky and other Eastern lightweights. Record against top 25 is also impressive, Not! (Never carried us to the next level! Especially after annual bama loss, unprepared for UNM and start of job search b4 season's end). Much easier to win with today's 12 game schedule and 150 bowl games. Time to beat the big guys, top 25, and UNM very regularly. Hail JoMo, staff, team, and fans! Hail State!
    No. Florida wanted Dan because Strick had no clue who else to hire.

vCash
    He has already surpassed Mullen in recruiting, swagger, and charisma.

If I were a betting man I'd say yes. John Cohen should make every hire this school ever makes ever again. I dont wanna hear shit about the baseball thing either. I blame that on Schloss's ego and not Cohen. He also hired one of the best staffs and best recruiters in the country to make up for it.

vCash
    The only place Jo can take us Mullen didn't is a National Championship or Sec Championship game appearance.
    More than likely both of those mean beating Bama and finishing no worse than 11-1

Thats not out of the question but will be extremely hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I agree too. I think many of our fans are drastically underestimating how hard most of our games will be. We'll probably be favored in 9 or 10 of our games, but the vast majority are going to be less than a touchdown favorite. That's a lot of games that could go either way.
    Games we won't be favored in..

Bama, Auburn, and LSU