Thread: Basketball Recruiting

vCash

Basketball Recruiting

Have not heard much on this front lately. What are some targets and possible leans for us in this next class. Any insight our insiders can give?

ETA: who are we probably gonna lose; Peters, both spoons, Holman, anyone else I?m missing?
    Last edited by Rick Danko; 07-16-2018 at 04:31 PM.

vCash
    Shameless bump. I know football is in the air but still very curious

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Jaykwon Walton is the #1 target right now. I'm not sure if there's anybody else who could commit now that has interest in us.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion Nick goes pro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    ETA: who are we probably gonna lose; Peters, both spoons, Holman, anyone else I?m missing?
    Q will graduate. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick and Reggie Perry leave.

vCash
    I’ve heard basketball recruiting is going better than pitching coach recruiting.

vCash
    What's the word on the youngest Spoon? I can't remember what class he's in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    What's the word on the youngest Spoon? I can't remember what class he's in.
    I was wondering about him too. He'd have to be a junior or a senior in high school. I'm pretty sure he's taken a visit with us and, and I know Ole Miss has talked to him because he tweeted that out not too long ago. Georgetown, TN, and USM have offered him. I can't figure out why we haven't offered him unless he's not interested. He might want to do something different than his brothers or move away from home.

Banned
    vCash
    NBA is quickly considering dropping the 19 year old rule. Should soon see high school players going directly to the pros if good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I was wondering about him too. He'd have to be a junior or a senior in high school. I'm pretty sure he's taken a visit with us and, and I know Ole Miss has talked to him because he tweeted that out not too long ago. Georgetown, TN, and USM have offered him. I can't figure out why we haven't offered him unless he's not interested. He might want to do something different than his brothers or move away from home.
    Is his name Brandon? If so, he’s a senior who isn’t ranked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Is his name Brandon? If so, he’s a senior who isn’t ranked.
    If tenn offer is legit, then he may be worth an offer. Tenn is doing a great job of finding underrated kids

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If tenn offer is legit, then he may be worth an offer. Tenn is doing a great job of finding underrated kids
    I doubt it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I doubt it is.
    Would signing Brandon potentially get us another year of nick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I know from talking to his parents that he wants to be his own man and not go somewhere just because his brothers did. He may end up at State, but it won't be because his brothers went there...