Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Listening to jumbo fisher makes me feel like I am being raped by a used car

vCash

Listening to jumbo fisher makes me feel like I am being raped by a used car

Salesman then dipped in into boiling vat of crab legs. He is the one coach I despise in the SEC.

vCash
    If you don't like him now, imagine after he puts together a few top 5 classes (maybe top 3). aTm is about to be no fun after this year

vCash
    Oh yeah. He's a sleezeball.

I think A&M may be a frustration for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you don't like him now, imagine after he puts together a few top 5 classes (maybe top 3). aTm is about to be no fun after this year
    Idk man.

He'll never have A&M rolling better than he did FSU and, outside of 1 Winston year, I always thought his teams at FSU were clunky.

I'm not sold he's a GREAT coach. He's good but more in the Phil's Fulmer/Richt way to me.

He still doesn't believe in running his QB, which will be an interesting strategy in the SEC, where he won't have the best talent on field all the time like he did 100% of the time at FSU.

vCash

He lied 3 times talking today he specifically said Texas A$M was soft then straight

Faced lied about it. And I hated him at FSU he is shifty a$$ liar. Reminds me of a fast talking Hugh Freeze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Idk man.

He'll never have A&M rolling better than he did FSU and, outside of 1 Winston year, I always thought his teams at FSU were clunky.

I'm not sold he's a GREAT coach. He's good but more in the Phil's Fulmer/Richt way to me.

He still doesn't believe in running his QB, which will be an interesting strategy in the SEC, where he won't have the best talent on field all the time like he did 100% of the time at FSU.
    Give him a few years, and he'll have the most talent on the field unless he faces Georgia and when he faces bama. Unless LSU makes a change at HC (and maybe even if they do), jimbo will outrecruit them and the other 10 sec schools.

vCash
    Give him a few years, and he'll have the most talent on the field unless he faces Georgia and when he faces bama. Unless LSU makes a change at HC (and maybe even if they do), jimbo will outrecruit them and the other 10 sec schools.
    Maybe. I don't view him as a game changer though.

He'll make them better, but I don't believe A&M will become a monster under him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Maybe. I don't view him as a game changer though.

He'll make them better, but I don't believe A&M will become a monster under him.
    I picture them as a 10-2 type team year-in, year-out with an occasional playoff push. If this comes to fruitition, we better hope LSU doesn't get a real coach or we become a 8-4 at best team in the sec west

vCash
    I picture them as a 10-2 type team year-in, year-out with an occasional playoff push. If this comes to fruitition, we better hope LSU doesn't get a real coach or we become a 8-4 at best team in the sec west
    Maybe but they've never accomplished any thing close to that consistency in the history of the program.

I'm just saying that Jimbo left a job where he was the number 1 recruiter in his conference by a good amount for job where he is currently the 4th best recruiter in his division.

Additionally, he has a culture to change at A&M that may take sometime and Jimbo not exactly the most revolutionary coach.

I agree he'll make them better but I see mostly 8-4 and 9-3 with an occasional 10-2 mixed in.

vCash
    Kids today are not playing his kind of football in high school, if he doesn't change his method, he'll have a tough go.

vCash
    I've heard since A&M joined the league that they will shift the balance of power but take Manziel's two years out and they've been very average. FSU seemed to always lose a game or two that they should have won each year and that was in the ACC. Every week is going to be tougher now that Jimbo is in the SEC. Also, we'll see how driven to succeed he is since he's guaranteed $75 million. I personally don't think ol Jimbo is going to be much more successful than Sumlin.

vCash
    Jimbo is 83-23 as a head coach. Before last season's debacle, he had made 5 straight bcs/playoff/ny6 level bowls with 1 natty. He has maintained his recruiting level from FSU to aTm... currently #2 in the country. He also won a natty as an OC in the sec.

We look pretty foolish praising Moorhead (and I love Moorhead), and with the same mouth downplay jimbo. Jimbo was a HR on paper. Not all HRs on paper work out though... hopefully this is the case

vCash
    A&M is just like Texas in that you can get almost anyone to coach them and they're still going to have the same issues. The first step for them is proving they can make some changes and break out of that pattern.

vCash
    Not worried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Not worried.
    2013 = 9th
    2014 = 5th
    2015 = 11th
    2016 = 18th
    2017 = 13th
    Avg = 11th

ETA... you edited on me haha

vCash
    2013 = 9th
    2014 = 5th
    2015 = 11th
    2016 = 18th
    2017 = 13th
    Avg = 11th

ETA... you edited on me haha
    If you take 2018 which is 17th and go back to 2014 you have a 12 average. If you only go back to 2015 but take in 2018 class they average 14th. That's a shit load of talent and if he can't make noise with that then he will not make much more with better.

To prove my point:

FSU
    2014 4th
    2015 3rd
    2016 3rd
    2017 6th.

Average 4th.

What did he do last season at FSU?

I don't think he is worth 75 million. I don't think he is that great of a coach. He also lets shit head thieving rapist stay on the field.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 07-16-2018 at 01:24 PM.

vCash
    If you take 2018 which is 17th and go back to 2014 you have a 12 average. If you only go back to 2015 but take in 2018 class they average 14th. That's a shit load of talent and if he can't make noise with that then he will not make much more with better.

To prove my point:

FSU
    2014 4th
    2015 3rd
    2016 3rd
    2017 6th.

Average 4th.

What did he do last season at FSU?

I don't think he is worth 75 million. I don't think he is that great of a coach. He also lets shit head thieving rapist stay on the field.
    What did he do the 5 seasons before last season? By your reasoning, schloss was a crap candidate compared to Henderson. I mean look at last season, right?

vCash
    What did he do the 5 seasons before last season? By your reasoning, schloss was a crap candidate compared to Henderson. I mean look at last season, right?
    My intent wasn't to argue but he should never have a losing season with those recruiting classes.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 07-16-2018 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    My intent wasn't to argue but he should never have a losing season with those recruiting classes. Never!
    Last season was ridiculous, and a huge black eye on his resume. I don't think it defines him though. He's proven he's good. Mullen followed up his crap season in 2016 with one of his best in 2017. I expect jimbo to bounce back strong too. Now I don't expect him to win but like 7-8 this year, but I expect him to steadily get better

vCash
    Last season was ridiculous, and a huge black eye on his resume. I don't think it defines him though. He's proven he's good. Mullen followed up his crap season in 2016 with one of his best in 2017. I expect jimbo to bounce back strong too. Now I don't expect him to win but like 7-8 this year, but I expect him to steadily get better
    I would rather face him at A&m every year then Saban at Bama.