Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulldog Sports Radio is no more

vCash
    IT's ALIVE... IT's ALIVE. The Resurrection has begun

Brian Hadad

@brianhadad
    24s25 seconds ago
    More
    Just spoke with @vsporto, at this time, the company is trying to move forward. They have offered me use of the BSR platform until everything is settled, so for now, you can expect your programs on the app and website.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
    That probably just depends on what you do for a living. I drive 1-2 hours per day. So I am subscribed to about 8 different podcasts.....2 are MSU. I am willing to listen to one podcast a day, or perhaps two, about MSU. There are plenty of topics you can do a deep dive into during the summer.....and endless topics while the sports are going on for the other 9-10 months of the year. I don't think anyone was listening to all 5 or 5 BSR shows. I think we all had our favorite show, and listened to that one. And then if there was time we listened to our favorite show. I'm not sure anyone ever actually listened to the Sky Dawgs - that was just there because they told Brian to have x number of shows on the channel, probably as the basis for a promise of content to the advertisers.
    Perhaps it does depend on the individual. That said, I’m listening to JRE, Pat Macafee, or Joey Diaz instead of a deep dive about our MLBs in July. There is literally nothing new to add there.

And let me disagree with you about show format. If Matt Wyatt does a pod and goes 30-50% MSU and then touches on big stories in other sports, it would be awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    IT's ALIVE... IT's ALIVE. The Resurrection has begun

Brian Hadad

@brianhadad
    24s25 seconds ago
    More
    Just spoke with @vsporto, at this time, the company is trying to move forward. They have offered me use of the BSR platform until everything is settled, so for now, you can expect your programs on the app and website.

Good for him. Gives him time to work out his long term plan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Perhaps it does depend on the individual. That said, I’m listening to JRE, Pat Macafee, or Joey Diaz instead of a deep dive about our MLBs in July. There is literally nothing new to add there.

And let me disagree with you about show format. If Matt Wyatt does a pod and goes 30-50% MSU and then touches on big stories in other sports, it would be awesome.
    I'll conced that in the summer it's hard to persuade fans to listen to a breakdown of our MLBs. There's no sports going on so veering off topic is expected, but during the season I just don't want to hear it. I don't care about banter or their opinion on the NFL, best TV show or whatever. But I guess that's why there's more than one MSU podcast - everyone can listen to whatever style they want to. If it's me, I turn it off as soon as they go off topic....that's just not what I tuned in for. I'd rather turn on the Spotify app than hear about top wrestling duos.

vCash
    I'll conced that in the summer it's hard to persuade fans to listen to a breakdown of our MLBs. There's no sports going on so veering off topic is expected, but during the season I just don't want to hear it. I don't care about banter or their opinion on the NFL, best TV show or whatever. But I guess that's why there's more than one MSU podcast - everyone can listen to whatever style they want to. If it's me, I turn it off as soon as they go off topic....that's just not what I tuned in for. I'd rather turn on the Spotify app than hear about top wrestling duos.
    Good post that I agree with but you kind of make my point. There has never been a MSU centric pod that covers everything else. It’s a small sample size but all we’ve had is all MSU all the time and nothing has really gotten big

vCash
    Good post that I agree with but you kind of make my point. There has never been a MSU centric pod that covers everything else. It’s a small sample size but all we’ve had is all MSU all the time and nothing has really gotten big
    There could be a place for that, but I think there's a lot more people who are listening to MSU podcast that think like me than you. If they did it, I think it would have to be organized. Like a section of the show, right after the hottest MSU story of the day, where they take 3 minutes PTI style to discuss the two or three biggest other stories in the world of sports. Then go back to MSU sports breaking down the top 10 best things sold at the concession stand during the Jackie Sherrill era.

vCash
    There could be a place for that, but I think there's a lot more people who are listening to MSU podcast that think like me than you. If they did it, I think it would have to be organized. Like a section of the show, right after the hottest MSU story of the day, where they take 3 minutes PTI style to discuss the two or three biggest other stories in the world of sports. Then go back to MSU sports breaking down the top 10 best things sold at the concession stand during the Jackie Sherrill era.
    Um - that needs no break down
    #1A - for the brief time it was there - catfish on a stick
    #1B - Chicken on a Stick
    Everything else.

Can I get my podcast now?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I occasionally watch Finebaum on SEC network. His guest are sometimes pretty good. its when they go go to the caller portion of the show that it turns into the Bama- Burn redneck comedy hour.I would like to see the SEC Network feature other team oriented radio shows. Spend an hour a day featuring a rotation of each teams centric radio shows. How hard could it be? I would rather see whats going on in College Station or Columbia than listen to Jim from Tuscaloosa and Tammy argue over who is growing the best maters.

vCash
    Oh sure. You structure the show around MSU. Lead off with it. But then talk other stuff. Kinda of organic. Like 2 guys talking sports. Now there are times when you can and should go 100% MSU like the baseball run, women’s basketball run, and a some of football season.

vCash
    I going to miss Boneyard!

vCash
    Folks ain’t paying subscriptions for fan podcast. Not even pros, just fans. The biggest pod in the world, JRE, if he went behind a paywall tomorrow his show would crumble.
    I doubt BSR is making $10,000 a month in ad revenue.

You could easily get 1000 customers to pay $10 a month to get ad free access to all the BSR content. That would be roughly 60 shows per month for a total of $10.

vCash
    Hadad's is the only one worth listening to consistently. I will admit that I liked the SkyDawgs too. The Boneyard could be good sometimes, but too often it devolved into Steve going on weird rants about Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Hadad's is the only one worth listening to consistently. I will admit that I liked the SkyDawgs too. The Boneyard could be good sometimes, but too often it devolved into Steve going on weird rants about Ole Miss.
    Yeah I like Hadads show. I only listen to Steve when we got a new commit, or the title of the episode is recruiting based. Even then I fast forward and only listen to half. He has such a meandering way of talking, it just takes forever to get to the point and he thinks his random rabbit holes are just as interesting as the real content I. I tried listening to Jake Wim, but he is way too confident that his opinions are fact. Salee gets more hate than he deserves... yeah his opinions on how good team will be isn't always consistent, but he's smart and has interesting discussions on CFB in general. I don't get why people think he hates us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Charge $10 a month to have access to all the BSR shows ad free. I bet you could get 1,000 people to subscribe. That's 10 grand a month, or 120 grand a year.
    Or set up a Patreon so people can donate some amount (monthly or one-time) and just make the podcasts / youtube vids when there is something to talk about.

vCash
    I'm not sure anyone ever actually listened to the Sky Dawgs - that was just there because they told Brian to have x number of shows on the channel.
    I thought the Sky Dawgs were damn good. Both guys have radio-friendly voices and personalities. They are TV meteorologists by trade and covered some things the other pods wouldn?t cover much, like WBB and softball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    To complete the mass exodus of MSU media. I hope some of the podcasts continue on in some form.
    Is it just MSU media, or university sports media in general? If just MSU, is it associated with our media department? Is Ole Miss affected in a similar manner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Is it just MSU media, or university sports media in general? If just MSU, is it associated with our media department? Is Ole Miss affected in a similar manner?
    Brandon Walker: SEC country closed it's doors having nothing to do with MSU, decision was made by their parent company
    Matt Wyatt: decided to leave H2H on his own accord, having nothing to do with MSU. Perhaps a change for him to spend more time covering MSU?
    Bob Carskadon: Left on his own accord because he'd been in Starkville all his life and was looking for a change - nothing to do with MSU
    Robby Donoho: Left to become a high school teacher because he wanted a more traditional work life - nothing to do with MSU
    Brian Hadad: BSR closing it's doors having nothing to do with MSU, direction made by parent company

vCash
    Brandon Walker: SEC country closed it's doors having nothing to do with MSU, decision was made by their parent company
    Matt Wyatt: decided to leave H2H on his own accord, having nothing to do with MSU. Perhaps a change for him to spend more time covering MSU?
    Bob Carskadon: Left on his own accord because he'd been in Starkville all his life and was looking for a change - nothing to do with MSU
    Robby Donoho: Left to become a high school teacher because he wanted a more traditional work life - nothing to do with MSU
    Brian Hadad: BSR closing it's doors having nothing to do with MSU, direction made by parent company
    Will Salmon left as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Will Salmon left as well
    I think we can be sure the beat writer position at CL pays virtually nothing. They replaced him with a guy fresh out of college if I'm not mistaken. So I'm sure he left for more money. Point being, none of the media shakeup has anything to do with MSU or how they are treated and everything to do with their personal career choices or their employer going out of business.

vCash
    I think we can be sure the beat writer position at CL pays virtually nothing. They replaced him with a guy fresh out of college if I'm not mistaken. So I'm sure he left for more money. Point being, none of the media shakeup has anything to do with MSU or how they are treated and everything to do with their personal career choices or their employer going out of business.
    I think I read in Salmon's Athletic job accepting post yesterday that he was making 28K at the CL. That's an internship