Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Anyone Find SEC Media Days Interesting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    What's a newspaper?** BTW, not only too much coachspeak but also too much playerspeak. The KY RB trying to speak about himself in 3rd person and comparing himself to Hershel Walker was a joke. Also the commish even knowing the names of the "soap opera cast" of the Finebaum Show shows how the "SEC Network" should be renamed the "bama/Auburn network".
    I'd like the SEC Network so much more if it showed replays of old games and didn't have any Finebaum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd like the SEC Network so much more if it showed replays of old games and didn't have any Finebaum.
    this^
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I enjoy parts of it. I like the opportunity it provides for our players that go to get to experience something different. Really any college football this time of year is better than what is normally on the SEC network.

I like hearing what all of the new coaches in the league have to say even if it is mostly coach speak.

Other than that it’s a pretty useless time other than signaling the return of college football.

On another note I’m not a big fan of Sanky. Think the sec could have come up with someone better suited for the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Seriously, I was scrolling through twitter this morning & saw how excited the media is about SEC Media Days &, other than the media getting to drink beer at night with their buddies, I'm not sure why.

I realize that SEC Media Days used to be a big deal because, after the sky writers era, it made sense to bring all the coaches & best players together in one place, but with the build of quality sports talk radio that interviews these guys frequently, the explosion of twitter & the internet, which offers more sport writers a platform from which to publish content, I'm not really sure what the purpose of SEC Media days are anymore. Seems to me that it's a ceremony that inevitably leads to group think & hyping up of non-essential narratives.

I view SEC Media Days as a completely useless coach speak media convention that serves no purpose.

Any thoughts?

Please tell me what I'm missing. I'd really like to be interested in it, but I can figure out why I should be
    For me, media days serves as the unofficial start of the season which is always a good thing. Also, this year?s media days should be one to follow as a MSU fan as we should finally get some love & hype as having a damn good football team while TSUN is shit on, again, which is quite the combo!

vCash
    I have been DVRing the MSU day for several years, but that was just because most years I would be jonesing for anything football-related (and not recruiting related) by mid-July, especially after the 2015 baseball season. Typically, The Spurrier presentation was worth watching because he usually had a few zingers in there. The Robbie Caldwell press conference was the most entertaining one by far. I wish they would have brought him back just to see how deep into animal husbandry the discussion went in year 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I guess I am alone in this. I enjoy it. I don't keep up much with other programs and it's a chance to hear a tidbit or two here and there. It's interesting to me, I don't sit around all day and watch it but it is worth a watch here and there.

Coach O was asked about changing OC's his first year at LSU just like he did at Mississippi and explain how that was different when he said he was changed. I got a laugh at the question even if his answer didn't really address it. Coach said he made a mistake and something along the lines it wasn't a good fit for LSU.

The announcers after the interview raked him over the coals saying things like: He never let Matt Cananda actually run his offense. Most gmes weren't Canada's gameplan. He put a LSU guy in place to do it like he wants it done. He still wants to coach and not delegate.

That's interesting stuff... to me.
    I agree with you about SEC Media Days. I already know everything I need to know about MSU, but not really the rest of the SEC. It's a chance to gain some more in-depth info / analysis about what's going on among the other teams. I'd rather watch media days to get caught up on all the offseason stories around the SEC than try to catch all those stories as they happen from January to June.