Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 MSU FB Losing Season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Those young guys will get reps and experience this year like Eiland did last year.
    Who is going to play this year? Lovett? Maybe. But that’s it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Those young guys will get reps and experience this year like Eiland did last year.
    Who is going to play this year? Lovett? Maybe. But that?s it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...losing-season/

Everyone knows we lose significant players to the NFL after this season but I?m not buying the losing season predicted by the BS article...
    But they did predict a 10 win season for us this year, just saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah we do get raped at safety. Mclaurin is an all sec player. Abrams is really good. Who cares if the entire depth chart returns behind them if they aren?t good. I?m sorry but if you can?t see that our d will take a big step back I can?t help you. Take off the maroon glasses for just a minute.
    I feel like you're ignoring all my points. You don't mention the fact LB and CB will be better, nor do you acknowledge that DE will be fine. I agree that the depth chart doesn't matter if the backups suck... but you have 0 reason to suspect that Landrews, Guidry, Brule, and Murphy can't replace the 2 S we lose. You're assuming they all suck but that's based on nothing. DT is far more pressing, as pepth is even more important and it's really hard for young guys to be physically ready to play (relative to S of course).

Look, I'm not saying that the D wont' take a step back. I think we'll be top 10 this year and top 30-35 next year. I'm predicting quite a decent drop on D. However, 35th is still middle of the pack in the SEC and the O shouldn't miss a beat. We won't be complete enough to challenge Bama but 4-4 is a good possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I feel like you're ignoring all my points. You don't mention the fact LB and CB will be better, nor do you acknowledge that DE will be fine. I agree that the depth chart doesn't matter if the backups suck... but you have 0 reason to suspect that Landrews, Guidry, Brule, and Murphy can't replace the 2 S we lose. You're assuming they all suck but that's based on nothing. DT is far more pressing, as pepth is even more important and it's really hard for young guys to be physically ready to play (relative to S of course).

Look, I'm not saying that the D wont' take a step back. I think we'll be top 10 this year and top 30-35 next year. I'm predicting quite a decent drop on D. However, 35th is still middle of the pack in the SEC and the O shouldn't miss a beat. We won't be complete enough to challenge Bama but 4-4 is a good possibility.
    De will be fine? So losing the best pass rushing de in the league we will be fine? Hmm. So dT isn’t important? We will be starting fr there. Talented ones but fr. If we are good in 19 it will be because of the offense can score like crazy... huge drop in defense. Period

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    De will be fine? So losing the best pass rushing de in the league we will be fine? Hmm. So dT isn’t important? We will be starting fr there. Talented ones but fr. If we are good in 19 it will be because of the offense can score like crazy... huge drop in defense. Period
    I just don't get why you're so adamant about this, yet have nothing new to bring. Safety will suck because the starters are gone and the backups are way worse even though we haven't seen them play... DE will be trash because Sweat is leaving, even though Adams, Jones, and Rivers are a top 5-6 SEC DE rotation... DT will be young so the improvement from LB and CB won't matter... Again, I'm not saying next year will be as good as this year. I've already given my guess for what the D will rank. I just don't get why you're so adamant they will suck. Your "offense can score like crazy" statemtn makes it seem like you think we'll be OM

So, if my top 35 D 8-4 prediction is crazy, what do you call reasonable?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I disagree. We won't return as much because it's almost unheard of for a team to return as much as we are this season. We drop Florida for Tennessee who will probably be rebuilding and we get K-State in Starkville. ULL in NOLA will be a de facto 8th home game for us.

QB- Key
    RB- Kylin and probably Emery (Yeah, I said it)
    WR- Guidry if he doesn't go pro (Yeah, I said that too)
    WR- Austin Williams
    WR- Whop
    Slot- Dannis Jackson
    TE- Farrod Green
    ATH- Dear

LT- Eiland
    LG- Williams
    C- Story? Too soon to call.
    RG- Reese
    RT- Dolla Bill?

Champion and Phillips will be seniors and they'll have a say.

DE- Spencer
    DT- Kobe Jones
    DT- Lee Autry? Fletcher Adams?
    DE- Rivers- I can't see him going pro backing up Sweat and Green. Maybe I'm wrong.

Then we are have Fabien Lovett, Aaron Odom, Devon Robinson plus the group of 4 star guys like Pickering, Demonte Russell, Charles Moore, and Ani. Definitely a more inexperienced group but a lot of talent.

LB- Erroll
    LB- Leo
    LB- Gay

Good group of linebackers and we'll see how recruiting goes. I like Jett Johnson and Aaron Brule

CB- Dantzler
    CB- Tyler Williams?
    S- Marcus Murphy
    S- Jarrian Jones
    Nickel- Brian Cole if he doesn't go pro.

K- Jace Christmann
    P- Whoever wins the punting battle this year between Day and Schexnayder
    KR- Mixon
    KR- Deddrick

Overall to me it looks like a younger group but with a lot of talent and some potentially special players. A lot of these players will get experience this year too- and I probably will feel even better about this group at this time next year. I'd guess the floor is 8 wins and the ceiling is maybe 11 wins with that group as well. I'm not sure how much A&M, Arkansas, and Tennessee will improve between this point and 2019 and LSU could conceivably have a new coach and probation will start to really be at it's peak at Ole Miss next year. But this is where I see 2019 as of now which is way too early to know a lot of things.
    May want to rethink Dannis Jackson.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    He's still an MSU commit.

Does that stick? IDK, but neither do you

vCash
    I just don't get why you're so adamant about this, yet have nothing new to bring. Safety will suck because the starters are gone and the backups are way worse even though we haven't seen them play... DE will be trash because Sweat is leaving, even though Adams, Jones, and Rivers are a top 5-6 SEC DE rotation... DT will be young so the improvement from LB and CB won't matter... Again, I'm not saying next year will be as good as this year. I've already given my guess for what the D will rank. I just don't get why you're so adamant they will suck. Your "offense can score like crazy" statemtn makes it seem like you think we'll be OM

I like your analysis. I think 10-2 this year and 8-4 next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I like your analysis. I think 10-2 this year and 8-4 next year.
    If coach Joe is as smart as anyone who played for him or worked for him say, he will figure out a way to win a few games we are predicted to lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Why would he go anywhere else? We'd play him more than pretty much anyone.

vCash

I didn't say you were crazy. I said our offense could be really good. But our defense will have a huge fall off. The chance of a losing season is possible. So the writer didn't say something outlandish. Defense wins championships, but offense can win you some games against avg teams. If we go to a bowl in 19 I'd be happy. 8-4 and I'd be estatic. This league is unforgiving. Oh and it's possible rivers isn't here for 19. He's legit and might declare. While his body makes him a day 2 or 3 pick, he's a 4 year guy now and gonna be ready to bolt. As for Adams and jones, nice players. Glad we have em, but you need two deep in this league and they aren't stars just good players. Simmons is a star. And he won't be here next year. Ditto for sweat. We can agree to Disagree and follow up w this next year. Hope you are right..... with all that said, this might be the most talented MSU team ever when you factor in both sides of the ball, and nobody in their right mind would say 10 wins is a given. 8 is possible. Even as low as 7 w a bad injury or two. Get lucky and maybe win 11. But I'm not holding my breath either. Good back and forth though, again, hope you are right on 19 and wrong on 18, hope we won em all this year. One can hope.

vCash
    SDS is Facebook clickbait shit.

Plus if someone was to guesstimate the next losing season for MSU, next year would make sense. Do you expect them to say we won't have a losing season as long as Moorhead is around? That's bold to say about a guy who has never been a FBS HC at a program with 3 losing seasons over the best decade of the program's history.

But yeah, this is speculative BS clickbait.