Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
I just don't get why you're so adamant about this, yet have nothing new to bring. Safety will suck because the starters are gone and the backups are way worse even though we haven't seen them play... DE will be trash because Sweat is leaving, even though Adams, Jones, and Rivers are a top 5-6 SEC DE rotation... DT will be young so the improvement from LB and CB won't matter... Again, I'm not saying next year will be as good as this year. I've already given my guess for what the D will rank. I just don't get why you're so adamant they will suck. Your "offense can score like crazy" statemtn makes it seem like you think we'll be OM

So, if my top 35 D 8-4 prediction is crazy, what do you call reasonable?
I didn't say you were crazy. I said our offense could be really good. But our defense will have a huge fall off. The chance of a losing season is possible. So the writer didn't say something outlandish. Defense wins championships, but offense can win you some games against avg teams. If we go to a bowl in 19 I'd be happy. 8-4 and I'd be estatic. This league is unforgiving. Oh and it's possible rivers isn't here for 19. He's legit and might declare. While his body makes him a day 2 or 3 pick, he's a 4 year guy now and gonna be ready to bolt. As for Adams and jones, nice players. Glad we have em, but you need two deep in this league and they aren't stars just good players. Simmons is a star. And he won't be here next year. Ditto for sweat. We can agree to Disagree and follow up w this next year. Hope you are right..... with all that said, this might be the most talented MSU team ever when you factor in both sides of the ball, and nobody in their right mind would say 10 wins is a given. 8 is possible. Even as low as 7 w a bad injury or two. Get lucky and maybe win 11. But I'm not holding my breath either. Good back and forth though, again, hope you are right on 19 and wrong on 18, hope we won em all this year. One can hope.