Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
Yeah we do get raped at safety. Mclaurin is an all sec player. Abrams is really good. Who cares if the entire depth chart returns behind them if they aren?t good. I?m sorry but if you can?t see that our d will take a big step back I can?t help you. Take off the maroon glasses for just a minute.
I feel like you're ignoring all my points. You don't mention the fact LB and CB will be better, nor do you acknowledge that DE will be fine. I agree that the depth chart doesn't matter if the backups suck... but you have 0 reason to suspect that Landrews, Guidry, Brule, and Murphy can't replace the 2 S we lose. You're assuming they all suck but that's based on nothing. DT is far more pressing, as pepth is even more important and it's really hard for young guys to be physically ready to play (relative to S of course).

Look, I'm not saying that the D wont' take a step back. I think we'll be top 10 this year and top 30-35 next year. I'm predicting quite a decent drop on D. However, 35th is still middle of the pack in the SEC and the O shouldn't miss a beat. We won't be complete enough to challenge Bama but 4-4 is a good possibility.