Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitching Coach?????????????????????????????

vCash

Pitching Coach?????????????????????????????

What in the world can be going on with MSU taking so long to hire a pitching coach? You would figure Cohen and Lemonis both had a short list of candidates. I have come to realize that Cohen is awful at hiring and our baseball program is either not what I thought it was or NO ONE wants to work under Cohen. We must be on the very bottom of their list to take this long. Lemonis might turn out great, but from the hype of the coaching buzz from Cohen, it seems like no one wants to come to Starkville these days. I am fully expecting a underwhelming pitching coach hire. Or Gary Henderson which would be even worse. Hurry the HELL up Cohen

Banned
    vCash
    Fo Realz. Tired of waiting on this and Stewart.

vCash
    I agree. What could we be waiting for?

vCash
    You can throw millions at someone, but at the end of the day, is it a location thing? Do you want to leave a big city to live in Starkville? I think this actually hurts us more than we realize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Fo Realz. Tired of waiting on this and Stewart.
    Well I would be surprised if Stewart made a final decision before he sees who his pitching coach would be at MSU.

vCash
    I wouldn't like the Gary Henderson hire purely from the possible turmoil it could cause. Could you imagine the second guessing that would go on especially since Henderson came out and said he wanted the job? I also thought our pitching development could have been better last year. It could have been from Henderson having to pull double duty but who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    You can throw millions at someone, but at the end of the day, I can always come down to this? Do you want to leave a big city to live in Starkville? I think this actually hurts us more than we realize.
    Uh, there are lots of colleges NOT located in big cities. Whatever the issues, I doubt this is a major one for most coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well I would be surprised if Stewart made a final decision before he sees who his pitching coach would be at MSU.
    And you can't blame him either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    You can throw millions at someone, but at the end of the day, is it a location thing? Do you want to leave a big city to live in Starkville? I think this actually hurts us more than we realize.
    Baseball is kind of weird in the fact that there is a lot more loyalty than other coaching professions. You don't see that many guys bouncing around to different schools just getting raises.

vCash
    Patience "grasshopper", the planets must align first.

vCash
    Cohen better hurry up because there's like 87 over-zealous MSU fans that are dying to know who it's gonna be. I mean, Cohen is such a moron. Look at the two idiots he's hired: neither one has won a single game yet and all they've done is bring in some of the best recruits we've ever had in their respective sports. What are we now, Ole Miss? It's getting ridiculous. If we don't have a pitching coach named before the ides of July I'm pretty sure we aren't going to win 10 SEC games next spring.

vCash
    The only thing Cohen has done wrong is talk up the candidates before he made an actual hire. That worried me because there is a lot that can go wrong. Say that we're going to get the best candidate is fine. Saying we're going to get a hall of fame CWS coach is not the best idea. Even if you do have one.

Not sure about the pitching coach hire. But Cohen himself hasn't been talking that up at least. I wouldn't be surprised if we have one by the end of the week or early next week. And I'm sure it won't be Henderson.

vCash
    The only way it's Henderson is if everyone turns us down. Say what you want, but our search for baseball coaches has been less that fantastic. At least the handling of it all.

vCash
    The only thing that Cohen messed up was saying what he did about hiring some elite coach. Was that dumb? Yes, and he probably regrets it. Is it really that big of a deal in the long run? No. If that’s the worst Cohen ever does, I’ll take it. All of the other stuff people are saying looks bad is speculation or based on stuff Kendall Rogers tweeted. I doubt anyone outside these message boards thinks Cohen looks bad.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I really wouldn’t expect Stewart to be a bulldog.

Banned
    vCash
    Lemo specifically said he would not rush this hire. Stop worrying. It will be a good hire. As long as it’s not henderson I’ll be happy. Lol

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I really wouldn’t expect Stewart to be a bulldog.
    Stewart to State!!! Done Deal Now!! Thanks Preach! LOL

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Stewart to State!!! Done Deal Now!! Thanks Preach! LOL
    Lol, I was right about Ginn. Sadly I think I’m gonna be right about Stewart as well.

vCash
    Lol, I was right about Ginn. Sadly I think I’m gonna be right about Stewart as well.
    I agree

vCash
    If he was going JUCO, why wouldn’t he already of decided? The only thing that seems to be holding him up from going JUCO is us hiring a pitching coach. This means he’s at least thinking of going the college baseball route. The longer he waits I think the better it is for us.