Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do We Get From Guidry This Year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Between him and whop I hope we get 115 catches for 1800 yards.
    If we get this type of production from both of those guys, we will win the national championship. Not really sure how it could work any other way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If we get this type of production from both of those guys, we will win the national championship. Not really sure how it could work any other way.
    Two receivers like Guidry and Whop plus a 1,000 yd. RB in AW then add in a good OL and a QB like Fitz and we just might be talking about a playoff berth.

vCash
    I get the Bear comparison but Bear was 225 and Guidry is listed at 185, although he appears bigger in the video.

It just seems to me that we are getting a different type of player than Bear and potentially something we haven't had.
    Yeah, I didn't look at his measurable. I would hope that being in our conditioning program since January that he is up closer to 200 - 205.
    In general though, I think my thought about production capability stands. I won't go as high as Ari's draft projection - but it is obvious the kid has skills.

Having Whop and Guidry on campus since January makes me pretty confident that the adjustment period should be short. If that translates to a 2014 Fred Ross/Bear Wilson type production level (and it could), we are looking at CFP caliber team, with a Heisman candidate QB, and weapons like we have rarely had.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I heard that Guidry's collegiate comparison is former South Carolina receiver Sidney Rice
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Stephen Guidry reminds me of a slightly slower version of Kevin White (WVU).

vCash

If Guidry just has an inconsistent, show flashes but disappears in big games type season, how good are we?
    8-4
    If Guidry turns into a game breaker that defensive coordinators have to game plan for, how good are we?
    11-1
    What is the best case scenario for Guidry & what recent SEC or NFL player does he remind you of?
    He reminds me of Greg Childs at Arky. Maybe Tolliver at LSU.

vCash
    Kevin White was a burner before his injury
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    I heard that Guidry's collegiate comparison is former South Carolina receiver Sidney Rice
    I like this one.

Four our sake, I hope it's true

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Since I got called out for not making a ?bold prediction ?.. and we see how that post turned out
    Here is a bold one
    Guidry will be here one year and have his name called very early day 3 maybe even late day 2 of The draft
    That ****ing bold enough ????
    Is this an "attacking act?" Let's go to "I seen it dawg" for further review...
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post

Banned
    vCash
    Good to see you back Mcain31. Give us a holla over at the poly board if you get a free moment.

vCash
    Yeah, maybe Guidry doesn't have that kind of overpowering speed. There were receivers like Terrance Tolliver who are maybe a better comparison--run a 4.5 but be 6'4" and you can be successful.

vCash
    Our leading receiver last year had 27 receptions and 276 yards for the year. That is laughable, and we still went 9-4 while being totally inept at WR.

If Guidry can double that yardage wise, he won’t be an All-SEC guy but it will make an enormous difference for our season.

vCash
    I don't know what to expect. If he can make the catches he's supposed to make and make the difficult catch more often than not we're a top 8 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Another bold prediction.
    The next time you post something on the recruiting thread bet someone that it gets deleted . You will win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Good to see you back Mcain31. Give us a holla over at the poly board if you get a free moment.
    Which thread? I haven't looked on the poly board in a few months

vCash
    JoMo did say that Guidry has put on 20 lbs of good weight since he arrived on campus in an interview after spring practices concluded

vCash
    S. Guidry has Luke Getsy, who coached NFL wide receivers for the Green Bay Packers as his position coach. Bear Wilson did not have that benefit!

Banned
    vCash
    Which thread? I haven't looked on the poly board in a few months
    ?? Just jump in dude. You know the way to the pool. The water's warm. Don't be afeared.

Thanks again for your service Marine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I mean its a pretty obvious fact at this point. He has either wanted a ton of attention or something is up. I havent said he would be a cancer or not on the team like others