Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since we're all in deep offseason mode... (MSU Uniform History)

vCash

Since we're all in deep offseason mode... (MSU Uniform History)

I started HailStateUnis.com a little over two years ago, and I've since been gradually doing more research and adding more history pages here and there. After cleaning up the football history and adding history pages for baseball and basketball history, I thought I'd share to give people something different to read about during the middle of the July offseason.

What you can currently find on the site:

Football:

Baseball:
    • Every uniform combination State has worn in each baseball game back to 2014:
    • Baseball Uniform History back to 1966.
    • Postseason Baseball Uniform History, including:
      • Every SEC Tournament appearance since 2005.
      • Every regional appearance since 2000.
      • Every super regional appearance since the format was introduced in 1999.
      • Every College World Series trip that the Bulldogs have ever taken.

Basketball:
    • Every uniform combination State has worn in each men's basketball game back to 2015-16:
    • Every uniform combination State has worn in each women's basketball game back to 2016-17:
    • Men's Basketball Uniform History back to 1956-57.
    • Women's Basketball Uniform History back to 2013-14.
    • Postseason Basketball Uniform History, including:
      • Every NCAA Tournament trip the Men's team has ever taken.
      • Every NCAA Tournament trip the Women's team has taken since the 2013-14 season.
      • Every National Invitational Tournament (NIT) trip the Men's team has ever taken.
      • Every WNIT Tournament trip the Women's team has taken since the 2013-14 season.
      • Every Men's SEC Tournament since the 1995-96 season, including all three of the Bulldogs' tournament championships.
      • Every Women's SEC Tournament since the 2013-14 season.

The "Postseason Histories" are the newest thing on the site, and I'm really happy with how they've turned out. I think they can useful as a general reference for State's appearances in Bowl Games, Baseball NCAA/CWS/SEC Tournaments, and Basketball NCAA/NIT/SEC Tournaments.

vCash
    This is amazing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pscf3 View Post

I started HailStateUnis.com a little over two years ago, and I've since been gradually doing more research and adding more history pages here and there. After cleaning up the football history and adding history pages for baseball and basketball history, I thought I'd share to give people something different to read about during the middle of the July offseason.

What you can currently find on the site:

Football:

Baseball:
    • Every uniform combination State has worn in each baseball game back to 2014:
    • Baseball Uniform History back to 1966.
    • Postseason Baseball Uniform History, including:
      • Every SEC Tournament appearance since 2005.
      • Every regional appearance since 2000.
      • Every super regional appearance since the format was introduced in 1999.
      • Every College World Series trip that the Bulldogs have ever taken.

Basketball:
    • Every uniform combination State has worn in each men's basketball game back to 2015-16:
    • Every uniform combination State has worn in each women's basketball game back to 2016-17:
    • Men's Basketball Uniform History back to 1956-57.
    • Women's Basketball Uniform History back to 2013-14.
    • Postseason Basketball Uniform History, including:
      • Every NCAA Tournament trip the Men's team has ever taken.
      • Every NCAA Tournament trip the Women's team has taken since the 2013-14 season.
      • Every National Invitational Tournament (NIT) trip the Men's team has ever taken.
      • Every WNIT Tournament trip the Women's team has taken since the 2013-14 season.
      • Every Men's SEC Tournament since the 1995-96 season, including all three of the Bulldogs' tournament championships.
      • Every Women's SEC Tournament since the 2013-14 season.

The "Postseason Histories" are the newest thing on the site, and I'm really happy with how they've turned out. I think they can useful as a general reference for State's appearances in Bowl Games, Baseball NCAA/CWS/SEC Tournaments, and Basketball NCAA/NIT/SEC Tournaments.
    Wish we would wear the grey pants with the white jerseys again like we did against Arkansas in 2015. That may be my favorite combo and I don't think we have worn it since.

https://maroonandwhitenation.com/201...d-announced-2/

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    This really is amazing what you have done. Not trying to steal any secrets or anything, but how the heck do you find out what uniform combo we wore in the 1982 game with Sisters of the Poor College?.....as an example. I'm sure there are pictures and videos or websites, but man that has to be time consuming.

vCash
    Please don't show Russel Athletic (AKA bama) uni's chosen by "Coach Doom". Even disliked by the "dead Indians". Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 07-10-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Speaking of uniforms.....usually when we've gotten a new coach we've also gotten a new makeover. Has anyone heard anything for this upcoming season? I personally hope we stick to what we've been doing the last few years. I think we've hit on the best that we can do with some of our combinations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    This really is amazing what you have done. Not trying to steal any secrets or anything, but how the heck do you find out what uniform combo we wore in the 1982 game with Sisters of the Poor College?.....as an example. I'm sure there are pictures and videos or websites, but man that has to be time consuming.
    Digitized yearbooks and newspapers were a huge help with the older games.

Speaking of uniforms.....usually when we've gotten a new coach we've also gotten a new makeover. Has anyone heard anything for this upcoming season? I personally hope we stick to what we've been doing the last few years. I think we've hit on the best that we can do with some of our combinations.
    All of the big Adidas schools (us included) are moving to a new template this year... there will be some tweaks but probably no big changes.

vCash
    Bring back a version of the interlocking MSU, asap!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Bring back a version of the interlocking MSU, asap!
    AMEN! As I've said before I don't see why we couldn't have some kind of MSU graphic on the helmets at least a time or two a year (not the same as the Nike MSU) along with the M-State that we currently use and have them co-exist.

I know that when we were with Nike the Croom M-State logo was shown some at the same time.

People are always using the "branding" excuse- but we still get mixed up with Ole Miss half the time anyway. Even with Mississippi State spelled out on the uniforms.

vCash
    That's because we were usually in rebuild mode and MSU wanted to do something to fire us up, create new interest, and turn over a new leaf so to speak. I think we have found uniform combinations that are fairly popular as far as the colors go so I don't think there will be a lot of change. I could definitely do without some of the stripes on the pants but I'm not going to be up in arms about that.

vCash
    LOVE the web site by the way pscf3.

vCash
    Follow him on twitter as well. He always keeps you updated with the uniform matchup. Keep up the good work my man.

vCash
    Awesome!! Great job!
    MSU = Check Collectors

Banned
    vCash
    I hear JoMo likes the Penn State look. Probably just change out navy blue for maroon! Just a plain maroon and white generic uni.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    AMEN! As I've said before I don't see why we couldn't have some kind of MSU graphic on the helmets at least a time or two a year (not the same as the Nike MSU) along with the M-State that we currently use and have them co-exist.

I know that when we were with Nike the Croom M-State logo was shown some at the same time.

People are always using the "branding" excuse- but we still get mixed up with Ole Miss half the time anyway. Even with Mississippi State spelled out on the uniforms.
    I agree 100%. How can interlocking MSU be confused with the words Ole Miss (plantation owner's wife's nickname) on a helmet anyway? Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    I hear JoMo likes the Penn State look. Probably just change out navy blue for maroon! Just a plain maroon and white generic uni.
    Please tell me your kidding

vCash
    During Kang Jackie's 1st year at State, he let the students have a vote on some uniform options. In my opinion, this led to the best jersey and helmet in my lifetime. MSU grad, class of '77. Hail State! (Today's uni's similar, but have never cared for the MState logo. Love MS in baseball and MSU in all other sports).

vCash
    bama and PSU have the patent on these plain Jane, ugly as my butt style uniforms. *** No others need apply except Russell Athletic (Croome edition).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    bama and PSU have the patent on these plain Jane, ugly as my butt style uniforms. *** No others need apply except Russell Athletic (Croome edition).
    Bama's uniforms are great

vCash
    Situational Unis:
    https://www.hailstateunis.com/situational-graphics.html

We do better in black than white at home. We haven't won a game in white unis at home since 2003.