Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yeski Out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Actually, Hendoo is very highly thought of nationwide as a pitching coach by his peers. Only on EliteDawgs is he thought to be substandard. Now that Cohen has opted to go another route on the HC job, Hendoo probably isn't interested in staying at MSU since he wanted the HC job. I don't know of any other openings at D-1 schools, but there may be some. Next year the FSU head job comes open as Mike Martin will step down.
    Henderson is respected in the same way that Polk was respected. He was good in his time but the thing is the game and philosophies change and if you don't have someone that is up to date and on the ball you will fall behind in this game quickly. That's what happened to Polk in the 2000's. There is more to it than "knowing baseball".

There is a reason why Cohen didn't hire Henderson- and that's the main reason why.

vCash
    And I'll add- if I'm Gary Henderson right now and MSU wanted to pay me six figures to hang out and be a baseball analyst and scout opponents which can be done on video nowadays sign me up for that. I'd much rather do that than coach the Cal-Rancho Cucamounga State Iguanas where I'd have to recruit, manage the team, and deal with assistants and the fact that I'm coaching in the desert with no resources.

vCash
    Haven’t had time to read all the various threads about PC so don’t know if previously mentioned but FWIW was told by someone close to program that Roy O was interviewed for PC.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Oswalt might be fine but hasn't he been doing nothing but riding a tractor the last few years? And has never coached to my knowledge? Hell he only has mlb experience over me but shit at least I've coached and have a Masters degree. Hell I'll take it let me interview.

Or let's go with a Foxhall type who has been doing it 24/7

vCash
    If Roy Oswalt is in consideration, we are really desperate. Just find this hard to believe.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I have to believe talking to Oswalt was just a courtesy interview to a local former big leaguer who supports MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And I'll add- if I'm Gary Henderson right now and MSU wanted to pay me six figures to hang out and be a baseball analyst and scout opponents which can be done on video nowadays sign me up for that. I'd much rather do that than coach the Cal-Rancho Cucamounga State Iguanas where I'd have to recruit, manage the team, and deal with assistants and the fact that I'm coaching in the desert with no resources.
    Man if we end up with Henderson as pitching coach, this might be the two most disappointing hires you could’ve imagined for us.

vCash
    Some people just like the west coast and have different priorities in life. Some people like the deep south and have different priorities in life.

vCash
    Pat Casey is going to retire soon, so Yeskie is probably going to get the OSU job when he retires.

vCash
    Anyone decent out their actually interested in our pitching coach position and not just using us for a pay raise?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Pat Casey is going to retire soon, so Yeskie is probably going to get the OSU job when he retires.
    Honestly, does he want to be a HC? He’s been there since 2009. We should have targeted Foxhall and gotten it done. Yeskie never made sense to me.