Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeski Out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    So now Kendall Rogers said we are thinking of keeping Gary as pitching coach. Is Hendo really a good pitching coach? I don’t know enough about pitching to have an opinion.
    The IB has hired him twice as a pitching coach so he undoubtedly believes he's a good one...
    MSU = Check Collectors

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    The IB has hired him twice as a pitching coach so he undoubtedly believes he's a good one...
    Cohen also was dropping bunts in the first inning with the 3 hole hitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    I?ve come to conclude that Kendall Rogers knows absolutely nothing and is basically a mouthpiece for agents and their clients
    Agreed. Someone on Twitter suggested that Agents were giving him a kickback, he got insulted. Ha! That's exactly what's going on.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Cohen also was dropping bunts in the first inning with the 3 hole hitter
    I'm confused. Doesn't Cohen's "IB nickname" mean intense bunter?*** P.S. My wife heard at the beauty shop that we were going to give the best pitching coach in MLB the most $ in the history of the game to come to MSU. None of them knew his name however!*** Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I'm confused. Doesn't Cohen's "IB nickname" mean intense bunter?*** P.S. My wife heard at the beauty shop that we were going to give the best pitching coach in MLB the most $ in the history of the game to come to MSU. None of them knew his name however!*** Hail State!
    If you don't think Cohen is an intense bastard, you should have seen his rant in a parking lot he had about something being erroneously said recently about one of our players by a message board poster. And he addressed it on Bo Bounds show also. He can still get intense about dumbassery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    If you don't think Cohen is an intense bastard, you should have seen his rant in a parking lot he had about something being erroneously said recently about one of our players by a message board poster. And he addressed it on Bo Bounds show also. He can still get intense about dumbassery.
    Check the **** regarding the bunting while Cohen was BB coach. It was humor like my wife friends at the beauty shop knowing who the pitching coach will be. Hail State in all ways!

vCash
    So Cohen regularly visits ED, SPS, Gene? You don't say, wonder if he posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    So Cohen regularly visits ED, SPS, Gene? You don't say, wonder if he posts
    I think he was notified by several people connected to the team. That is what it appeared to be, but I don't know that for fact.

vCash
    I'm sure it wasn't much more than what he said on the radio during the CWS

vCash
    The Yeskie thing never seemed likely to me. I think Henderson is also unlikely as well. I'd go with Foxhall or Dave Therneau before I even think about Henderson.

vCash
    I think he was notified by several people connected to the team. That is what it appeared to be, but I don't know that for fact.
    It has been known for years that the AD has people that read MSU web sites.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It has been known for years that the AD has people that read MSU web sites.
    No doubt. I can guarantee you there are people in the athletic dept that frequent this site as much as many of us do. Some with “associate AD of” in their titles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Well I can tell you the players love Henderson! And played their hearts out for him this season. Not saying I like him as head coach but players will play hard for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    No doubt. I can guarantee you there are people in the athletic dept that frequent this site as much as many of us do. Some with “associate AD of” in their titles.
    For certain one does more frequently than I do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneDawg View Post
    Well I can tell you the players love Henderson! And played their hearts out for him this season. Not saying I like him as head coach but players will play hard for him
    They played hard for Ron Polk II as well.

vCash
    I don’t think i have ever seen an interim that wanted the head job be retained as an asst. Has it ever happened? There are too many dangers, even if all coaches are honorable. There will be players that are more loyal to the interim. Too many potential problems even if everyone involved tries to do the right thing.

vCash
    Wait, are you telling me a position coach of a national championship team didn't want to leave that team for the exact same job elsewhere? Are you also telling me that the National Champions are willing to give pay raises to their staff? That?s so wild.

Look, obviously we have one of the most historic college baseball programs of all time, but these rumors are getting ridiculous. Y'all are starting to sound like the TAMU weirdos. Why don't we go all in on Nick Saban to be our third base coach?
    Last edited by skadoosh14; 07-09-2018 at 10:05 PM.

vCash
    So now Kendall Rogers said we are thinking of keeping Gary as pitching coach. Is Hendo really a good pitching coach? I don?t know enough about pitching to have an opinion.
    I know he?s respected throughout the SEC and all. But this year it really seemed like he was always leaving pitchers in too long and I didn?t see improvement out of anyone but Cole Gordon. I?m no expert but I just don?t see it with Hendo.

Banned
    vCash
    So now Kendall Rogers said we are thinking of keeping Gary as pitching coach. Is Hendo really a good pitching coach? I don?t know enough about pitching to have an opinion.
    Actually, Hendoo is very highly thought of nationwide as a pitching coach by his peers. Only on EliteDawgs is he thought to be substandard. Now that Cohen has opted to go another route on the HC job, Hendoo probably isn't interested in staying at MSU since he wanted the HC job. I don't know of any other openings at D-1 schools, but there may be some. Next year the FSU head job comes open as Mike Martin will step down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoosh14 View Post
    Wait, are you telling me a position coach of a national championship team didn't want to leave that team for the exact same job elsewhere? Are you also telling me that the National Champions are willing to give pay raises to their staff? That?s so wild.

Look, obviously we have one of the most historic college baseball programs of all time, but these rumors are getting ridiculous. Y'all are starting to sound like the TAMU weirdos. Why don't we go all in on Nick Saban to be our third base coach?
    It's not us putting it out- it was our AD on the coaching search and this was more from Kendall Rogers than anything.

The MSU media people have simply been saying that Yeskie was a candidate and the only MSU media person saying it was close to a done deal was Joel T Coleman.

I've been pretty skeptical personally that it would be Yeskie from the start and if you ask my opinion I think it's going to be Foxhall but I do have anything definitive to base that on other than he's in the region and has SEC experience.