Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeski Out

vCash

Yeski Out

And here we go again.....

As for Yeski, you can hardly blame him, but I'm not sure this is really in the best interest of his career.

By going to the SEC, he had the opportunity to really put himself in position to be a future head coach at any school in the country due to the recruiting territory that SEC can cover. By staying at Oregon State, he certainly has a great job & will be a future head coach, but that job will likely be on the West coast. Outside a few ultra successful head coaches, most West Coast assistants stay on the west coast because they really only have experience recruiting the West Coast.

Again, I don't blame Yeski one bit, but there were legitimate career reasons for him to come to MSU over staying at Oregon State.

vCash
    He probably knows he wants to be a head coach on the west coast. I don’t think anyone really thought he would come here.

Banned
    vCash
    Yeski Trolled Cohen for more Beaver Bucks.

vCash
    He’s been at Oregon State since 2009. If he wanted to be a head coach, he’d already be a head coach. It’s pretty obvious he just wants to be a pitching coach. Casey ain’t going anywhere for at least 10 years. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes people are satisfied where they are. I didn’t think he fit us very well anyway. In the end if we hire Scott Foxhall, we will end up with the guy who fits us best anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    He probably knows he wants to be a head coach on the west coast. I don’t think anyone really thought he would come here.
    Probably and that's probably why he stayed

vCash
    So now Kendall Rogers said we are thinking of keeping Gary as pitching coach. Is Hendo really a good pitching coach? I don’t know enough about pitching to have an opinion.

vCash
    I don't know where he grew up, but unless it was in the south, moving from Oregon to Starkville would be a huge culture shock.

vCash
    I?ve come to conclude that Kendall Rogers knows absolutely nothing and is basically a mouthpiece for agents and their clients

vCash
    So now Kendall Rogers said we are thinking of keeping Gary as pitching coach. Is Hendo really a good pitching coach? I don’t know enough about pitching to have an opinion.
    I wouldn't.

Gary's style as a pitching coach goes completely against what I believe in. It's non-progressive and would be a major disservice to Ginn and Stewart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    I?ve come to conclude that Kendall Rogers knows absolutely nothing and is basically a mouthpiece for agents and their clients
    Yup and he's always positive. Doesn't give you the truth.

vCash
    This seems to be likely the more I follow him.

Banned
    vCash
    That may very well be the best post of the day. I'm gonna rep it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I wouldn't.

Gary's style as a pitching coach goes completely against what I believe in. It's non-progressive and would be a major disservice to Ginn and Stewart.
    Just from someone with no expertise in this, it seemed like our pitching just imploded on multiple occasions. I don’t know if that’s lack of talent or coaching or what. No disrespect to Billingsley, but I could never figure out why he was our Sunday starter and not JP France. But I’m not an expert in this.

vCash
    Yeskie said No-skie?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Don't understand how people really believed yeskie was gonna leave up there. Again it's baseball not football. Football guys chase money while baseball guys don't. Baseball guys get a chance to be big at home they have a hard time leaving. Ever.

And for **** sakes please no on henderson. So tired of pitching from behind all the damn time and then the tempo from allowing those baserunners makes us dead on defense. Our pitching staffs under Henderson pitch with no intelligence or intensity. **** that.

vCash
    Just from someone with no expertise in this, it seemed like our pitching just imploded on multiple occasions. I don’t know if that’s lack of talent or coaching or what. No disrespect to Billingsley, but I could never figure out why he was our Sunday starter and not JP France. But I’m not an expert in this.
    I'll make it simple by reducing the debate into 2 camps.

Old school - Gary Henderson - Reducing athleticism in the delivery by slowing down the delivery with the goal of increasing command, control, and feel. This can be very effective in college baseball but erodes pro potential.

New school - Wes Johnson, Yeski, Derrik Johnson, Ron Whoolforth, Sarloos: - Increasing athleticism in the delivery and increasing the athlete himself in order to build stuff, while eliminating mechanical inefficiencies to increase strike throwing while relying on control over command & technology to help maximize the player's ceiling. This style takes more technical
    scientific expertise while also requiring more patience with the player, but he payoff is tremendous as you get a higher ceiling player that also reaches his ceiling.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Get to advantage counts and stay there. Our mental game is absolute dogshit.

Banned
    vCash
    We can do better than Henderson I would assume. He's an older guy and I'd prefer a younger guy. I deserve a rep for that simply based on the fact I'm 55. Emotionally, I'm torn watching him hug and kiss his wife after the win in Music City. I was chopping onions during that deal.

vCash
    If we keep Gary, this whole damn coaching hire is a 17ing mess. Cohen will have 17 ‘d this shit up. I don’t believe Gary will be the guy though.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I can't believe there is any way Cohen would think entertaining keeping henderson would be smarter than shitting on himself for fun.