Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reggie Todd not on team in the fall, per Steve Roberston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Because Dan invented FB, especially on the O side of the ball. Remember the great call for a fake punt deep in our own territory against AU and what a great pass Cooke threw? Btw, with all the depth with had at RB and some at DB, was Reggie really our best of two to run back KO's?

Ah yes. Dan the man who always fakes a punt inside of his own 30. Where you should almost never fake a punt. Second part of your question- probably not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Of the three, Couch, Mitchell, and Todd, weren't two "found" and picked up, and signed after the regular signing day? I think Mitchell has previously signed a BB scholarship with New Mexico, maybe. I would hope some of the young guys were signed for more than just height and potential at the WR position. Not saying diamonds with potential can't sometimes shine. I hate it for Todd, hope Couch and Mitchell are ready to shine, and Whop and Guidry are ready to step up as Kylin tweeted. With a improved air attack and our already tough running attack, we can be much "Hail". Go State!

Todd and Mitchell were. And that was after the spring game when Dan all of a sudden realized that we had no length. Even more embarrassing- our top WR last year was a TE that we moved to WR. How often does that happen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Man Moulds was fun to watch
    Best WR I've ever seen at MSU. So far. People forget about some of his catches like the one he had on fourth down against Tennessee in 1994 that set up the win. And Todd Jordan to Moulds on a flea flicker is one of my all time favorite Egg Bowl plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    And he was nowhere close to our best WR this spring.
    The only proven receivers are SLOT guys. You saying Todd was not the best wideout? Maybe Jessie Jackson? Guidry was out and Whop still learning routes as a Freshman. Couch? Osirus?

Todd seemed to get better separation than any of them. Hands were the question.
    Last edited by MaroonFlounder; 07-10-2018 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Best WR I've ever seen at MSU. So far. People forget about some of his catches like the one he had on fourth down against Tennessee in 1994 that set up the win. And Todd Jordan to Moulds on a flea flicker is one of my all time favorite Egg Bowl plays.
    Still pisses me off Taite virtually refused to throw to him that last season. Heard a rumor after that peach bowl the OL beat the unholy hell out of him for refusing to get over Moulds banging his gf and costing us that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Still pisses me off Taite virtually refused to throw to him that last season. Heard a rumor after that peach bowl the OL beat the unholy hell out of him for refusing to get over Moulds banging his gf and costing us that game.
    If I knew about that I would have joined in with the OL. Taite wouldn't have noticed between the concussion from the OL and being stoned but I would have felt better.

That 1994 Peach Bowl was bitter for me because at that time I had never seen MSU win a bowl game and that team was one of my favorites. They deserved a bowl win and for it to be taken away from them because of something petty sucks. If I was Taite I would have banged one of Moulds girlfriends and been done with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Todd and Mitchell were. And that was after the spring game when Dan all of a sudden realized that we had no length. Even more embarrassing- our top WR last year was a TE that we moved to WR. How often does that happen?
    How often dies that happen? Wasn't Dan also our HC when TE Rufus Warren was moved to starting SEC LT his Senior year? If my memory serves me correctly, I rest my case on Dan's and the Country Club's lack of SEC level recruiting at WR (most of his tenure) and LT (sometimes).

vCash
    The story regarding Taite's gf and refusal to throw to Moulds was well known by many. I was at the game and we should have won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    The only proven receivers are SLOT guys. You saying Todd was not the best wideout? Maybe Jessie Jackson? Guidry was out and Whop still learning routes as a Freshman. Couch? Osirus?

Todd seemed to get better separation than any of them. Hands were the question.
    Slot is a WR position so. Todd wasnt close to our best X/Z guy Whop, Jesse Jackson are both better and much more consistent. Jackson isnt gonna blow you away but he isnt gonna blow an assignment or turn it over in the clutch either. Couch was/is in the same boat as Todd. Mitchell hasnt gotten enough reps to know but he has played decent in the games he has been in. Had a big catch vs Bama if I remember right.

Whop was better than Todd when he signed his LOI

vCash
    Taite was banging the Kangs daughter and.....need I say more. and you are correct he did refuse to throw to moulds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Taite was banging the Kangs daughter and.....need I say more. and you are correct he did refuse to throw to moulds.
    99jc, kinda guy I could drink a beer with, NOT!