Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watching the Bama/MSU 2017 game on SECN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm not sure that is reviewable. I don't think I've ever seen a WR out of bounds play reviewed but I'm not sure on the rule. Receiver being "forced out" is normally a judgement call for the most part so I'm not sure you could challenge that. Maybe someone is more up on the rules than me. Of course, on that play with Ridley, since he was never touched at all, then the call should have been black and white that it was illegal touching.
    I'm pretty sure all of this^ is correct.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Should of been challenged by Dan. Surely our coaches not only saw him go out of bounds but saw the ref with his hat off. That is challengable play.
    What Dan should have said to the officials:

"How in the hell could the WR been forced out of bounds when we don't have anyone out there that can get close enough to touch him?!"

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm not sure that is reviewable. I don't think I've ever seen a WR out of bounds play reviewed but I'm not sure on the rule. Receiver being "forced out" is normally a judgement call for the most part so I'm not sure you could challenge that. Maybe someone is more up on the rules than me. Of course, on that play with Ridley, since he was never touched at all, then the call should have been black and white that it was illegal touching.
    It?s reviewable. There are a few penalties that can be reviewable or called on replay: illegal touching, 12 men on the field, ineligible receiver down field, and illegal forward pass are a few that can be called on replay. Basically the ones that aren?t judgement calls. Why do you think they called the illegal touching penalty on Ridley when he made the catch on the review later in the game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'm pretty sure all of this^ is correct.
    It was a very fortuitous judgement call ....

vCash
    I think LSU gets WAY too much grief about game changing bogus calls....Bama through the years.....During the Felker years had a receiver ruled out on a catch late at Bham I think ..(Horrible call).... Sherrill?s first year I think had our great receiver on the right side had his jersey grabbed (one camera showed the jersey stretched way out) and didn?t allow sleepy to pass so he got rushed and lost on the goal line.... The helmet to the head on a return in Mullet?s years, .....on and on......truth hurts....you can?t play to lose playing Bama....you have to beat them straight up....plus BAMA will NEVER GET CALLED FOR OFFENSIVE LINE HOLDING in a big game...it ain?t happening....JMHO and observation.....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    The worst part about this play isn?t the fact that the refs missed the call. I can understand missing someone step out. The worst part is, the ref threw his hat down. He actively knew and saw it. He knew the rule. AND HE STILL IGNORED IT.

Was very frustrating watching in person. Even more frustrating watching this rerun.
    Had it been only a 5 yd gain or less, he would have called it. Since it was a huge play for BAMA, he let it go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    What is the rule if a WR goes out of bounds and comes back in and makes the catch? (See Calvin Ridley 61 yd catch)
    I hate you. I've always hated you. Now I hate you more. Perge!

vCash
    All scoring plays can be reviewed and it wasn't. Total bogus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    All scoring plays can be reviewed and it wasn't. Total bogus
    The play in question was not a “scoring play”. Additionally, the official threw his hat way before Hurts (who was running for his life) threw the ball to an uncoverable WR.

Furthermore, that play was early 2nd QTR & had no influence on the lack of MSU DL Depth that was the true cause of the game’s outcome.

No.

vCash
    The play in question was not a “scoring play”. Additionally, the official threw his hat way before Hurts (who was running for his life) threw the ball to an uncoverable WR.

Furthermore, that play was early 2nd QTR & had no influence on the lack of MSU DL Depth that was the true cause of the game’s outcome.
    Ridley did play well but yall did catch a break with that one play. But you are correct one play hardly ever determines the outcome of a game.

I think that game turned when yall scored and tied it and we didnt answer with even a decent drive to give our defense a break.

Mullen pulled the Mullen and tucked his tail and played not to lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Ridley did play well but yall did catch a break with that one play. But you are correct one play hardly ever determines the outcome of a game.

I think that game turned when yall scored and tied it and we didnt answer with even a decent drive to give our defense a break.

Mullen pulled the Mullen and tucked his tail and played not to lose.
    All of this is correct.

Bammer's 4th (or 5th) team RB ran at will late in that game....

I fully understand that the REC, SEC, Illuminati, NWO, etc are all out to protect Bammer, but (IMO) they didn't need any help in the 4th... That quarter was a bloodbath.

No.

vCash
    The play in question was not a ?scoring play?. Additionally, the official threw his hat way before Hurts (who was running for his life) threw the ball to an uncoverable WR.

Furthermore, that play was early 2nd QTR & had no influence on the lack of MSU DL Depth that was the true cause of the game?s outcome.
    You are incorrect. It was a scoring play. Further, a runner or pass receiver ruled in or out of bounds is reviewable as is a legal forward pass touched by an ineligible pass catcher. So, 3 rules were disregarded and not even considered as the officials immediately set the ball for the extra point. It was classic bama preferences.

That bogus call is why bama won the game, not any other opinions on dl, etc

vCash
    It's always nice to read the Bama fans condescending posts about Mississippi State on the Mississippi State board. Please tell us more about how you guys are so much better than us.
    I have to purposely click on an Ole Miss board to see those ****ers shit on Mississippi State so at least I have a choice there.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    It's always nice to read the Bama fans condescending posts about Mississippi State on the Mississippi State board. Please tell us more about how you guys are so much better than us.
    I have to purposely click on an Ole Miss board to see those ****ers shit on Mississippi State so at least I have a choice there.

Meh, he?s alright most of the time. Even his backhanded swipes at MSU, which he thinks are cleverly concealed but aren?t, aren?t even that bad most of the time.

vCash
    Additionally, the official threw his hat way before Hurts (who was running for his life) threw the ball to an uncoverable WR.
    What does the timing have to do with the fact that the hat was thrown and then the crew effectively pretended it wasn't afterwards?