Thread: Great week for grillin and fishin

vCash

Great week for grillin and fishin

Man I've been looking forward to this week. Cookout on Wednesday and fishing the MS Gulf Coast saturday and sunday weather permitting. Bought a 4-pack of Pabst American Pale Ale for July 4th. Here we go!! Happy 4th yall.

vCash
    Happy 4th to all. Beast, or anyone, I’ve got a question. I’ve decided to take a stab at a brisket, for tomorrow, and I’ve never done one. I’m pretty proficient at grilling or most cooking. I’ve trimmed it up, and it seems like I lost half my cost in that deal, but I digress. Any secrets out there? I’ve talked with a buddy of mine that does competitions and gotten some great ideas. Just wondering if anyone has the secret weapon in their spice cabinet.
    Got an electric smoker and going with hickory. So any suggestions would be great.
    Gonna put three drunk chickens on the egg and do a pork butt. Gonna be a good time. The 4th is like my Christmas. Hope everyone has a safe Independence Day.

vCash
    Going to treat this like a weekend thread

We usually boil shrimp on the 4th...and really any chance we get. I did some redfish over angel hair pasta tonight with a cream sauce on top. It hasn't stopped raining here in a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg33 View Post
    Happy 4th to all. Beast, or anyone, I’ve got a question. I’ve decided to take a stab at a brisket, for tomorrow, and I’ve never done one. I’m pretty proficient at grilling or most cooking. I’ve trimmed it up, and it seems like I lost half my cost in that deal, but I digress. Any secrets out there? I’ve talked with a buddy of mine that does competitions and gotten some great ideas. Just wondering if anyone has the secret weapon in their spice cabinet.
    Got an electric smoker and going with hickory. So any suggestions would be great.
    Gonna put three drunk chickens on the egg and do a pork butt. Gonna be a good time. The 4th is like my Christmas. Hope everyone has a safe Independence Day.
    I’m far from a brisket pro but I like an aggressive rub that had paprika, chili powder, cumin, and a little cayan. Almost like I’d season a chili. Temp control biggest thing by far imo

vCash
    Just opened a terrapin t-time and wife says, “Can we restart Sopranos?”

vCash
    Preparations are made for family and friends. 20 slabs of baby back ribs, 15 lbs of chicken breast, boudin, deer sausage are in the menu. Pictures to follow during the day. Plus, beer, lots of beer. Happy 4th of July!

vCash
    Live large today Beast and Spec!

vCash

The start.

vCash
    That’s a beautiful thing

vCash
    Now the chicken hits the flame.

Last edited by Howboutdemdogs; 07-04-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Picture did not come out

vCash
    I’m on my 2nd Pabst American Pale Ale so let me give a review. First off, I do not drink PBR often and the reason I bought it was because the can is very patriotic. It’s actually really good. The best way I can describe it is if there is a hoppy scale starting at miller lite (barely Hop taste) to Sierra Nevada pale ale (hoppy taste), it’s in the middle of that. Don’t even think ipa. It’s hoppy enough to taste like beer and not light beer but not so hoppy and heavy you can’t drink a few on the boat, beach, or with a meal. Hope that makes sense.

vCash
    Final results.

vCash
    Here on the lovely Gulf Coast it rained all day, and pretty much all week. Smoked a whole butt and made homemade nachos with white flour tortillas ala Grumpy’s. Not doing too much or cooking too much because we leave for the Keys Friday AM. I’m carrying a travel rod and doing a tarpon trip while I’m down. Hopefully I’ve have you guys some cool fish stories