Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stovall to sign with the Rockies

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree with what you are saying. We're going to have a lot of competition at a lot of positions next year. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
    It is def gonna be interesting. There will be some good players who don’t make the everyday lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    For those who know more on this stuff, what do you think is going on in the head of a Jr. like Stovall deciding on staying one more year vs sign for 21st Round money? I doubt it is the money.
    It was probably just his goal to go pro as a junior because that's what a lot of to better players do. I'd like to see what his bonus is before commenting on it further but there were rumors of him leaving for pro baseball after the season for awhile now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    It is def gonna be interesting. There will be some good players who don’t make the everyday lineup.
    And with a new coaching staff everyone has a clean slate except for Mangum who will start no matter what.

vCash
    Good for him. Sucks to lose a junior after the 15th round again.

Rowdey will probably play second base.
    Normally I would agree this sucks, but coaches recruit and HS players sign expecting a decent amount of players to leave after their Junior year. So in this case, I'm fine with Stovall signing. To be honest if both Mangum and Stovall stayed then there would be some talented younger players seriously considering transferring. Just too much of a logjam with positions given we already know Macnamee and Alexander will both return as Seniors given they weren't drafted.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Im happy for him and hope he does well. He is a great Bulldog. Him leaving does open things up a little for younger guys though.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Good for Hunter, he played hard for us, wish him all the luck in the world. Hail State!
    Liked Hunter a lot, but felt he could have done with a lot less bling around his neck during games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Normally I would agree this sucks, but coaches recruit and HS players sign expecting a decent amount of players to leave after their Junior year. So in this case, I'm fine with Stovall signing. To be honest if both Mangum and Stovall stayed then there would be some talented younger players seriously considering transferring. Just too much of a logjam with positions given we already know Macnamee and Alexander will both return as Seniors given they weren't drafted.
    The way I see it is do you want a small signing bonus after your junior year or do you want a degree and a smaller signing bonus? That being said I don't know what his bonus actually was- so I'm speaking more of in general terms here.

vCash
    And with a new coaching staff everyone has a clean slate except for Mangum who will start no matter what.
    Yes, everybody has to go to work and earn a role. This is the healthy way to manage the log jam and just let Lemonis do gods work on the line up sheet.