Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offensive touches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Offensively? No we don't
    We lost our last 3 of 4. That's not good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Not if we don't play 1A/1B defense all year. We had all the tools that year to be better than we were.
    Regardless of how you cut it 2014 results were not good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Regardless of how you cut it 2014 results were not good enough.
    I agree with you on that. That was not clear on your original post to me. Play calling at times and improper use of personnel cost us.

vCash
    Fitz
    Kylin
    A Train
    Guidry
    Green (or some TE)

Mixon
    Austin Williams
    You want our TE touching the ball more than Mixon? I want Mixon getting as many touches as possible. He is one of our few playmakers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Moorhead will likely play Aeris and Kylin at the same time, and he will play Thompson and Fitzgerald at the same time. He might get really crazy and play all 4 haha.

Farrod Green would be the only TE to crack the top 5 but Justin Johnson is a former WR he aint bad
    Doubt we play Aeris and Kylin at the same time much if at all. Moorehead is a 1 back guy. Why would we play thompson and Fitz at the same time? Makes no sense. I'm hoping moorhead can use this new rule to get Key a redshirt year back. 4 games for him, 4 games for Mayden to get experience, and at least 4 games where Fitz is the only QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Why would we play thompson and Fitz at the same time? Makes no sense.
    https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...rbacks-offense

Apparently Moorhead ran those type of plays quite a bit at Penn State, much more often than something you'd call a trick play or gimmick. I have a feeling we won't see that as much here though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I agree with you on that. That was not clear on your original post to me. Play calling at times and improper use of personnel cost us.
    Indeed.

vCash
    Doubt we play Aeris and Kylin at the same time much if at all. Moorehead is a 1 back guy. Why would we play thompson and Fitz at the same time? Makes no sense. I'm hoping moorhead can use this new rule to get Key a redshirt year back. 4 games for him, 4 games for Mayden to get experience, and at least 4 games where Fitz is the only QB.
    He has used 2 running backs on the field. Usually one motioning from the slot or something similar. He has also done the same with 2 dual threat qb's. It's different wrinkles based on what the defense is doing. Not sure why you would do that with Key. If he's as good as we think he his, he's not going to stay for 5 years anyway. He'll have 2 years to lead the program and by then we should have another one or two ready to take the reigns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Looks like IYOK has a case of Guidry Adulation as well.
    This is the correct list
    And I agree if Mixon stays healthy he will have a big year
    Austin, will have more catches that Guidry when the year is over

vCash
    Interesting that every list in the thread has Fitz at the top. Not saying that's wrong, but from reading/listening I'm not sure his legs will be used near as much as in the past (not sure if we are counting pass attempts as touches).
    One of the recent articles touched on this as well. McSorley had ~15 planned runs per game, including RPOs. The article indicated the plan for Fitz is 20 planner runs including RPOs. That would be roughly equivalent to last years touches.

I would imagine less will be up read option in between the tackles and also less will be in situations where an upcoming qb sneak or run is obvious. Mullen runs his qbs into the teeth of the defense when they know it is coming a lot, all the way back to Tebow. I thought he was going to literally kill Relf one season.

vCash
    You want our TE touching the ball more than Mixon? I want Mixon getting as many touches as possible. He is one of our few playmakers.
    I didn't say that's what I wanted. I was projecting what would happen based on JoMo's past use of the TE position.

vCash
    We lost our last 3 of 4. That's not good enough.
    Not bc of the offense.

Historic numbers vs Ga Tech

17 on the road against the number 1 defense in the country in OM with a missed field goal and going for it inside their 5 at the end (normally would be another field goal). OM had been shutout the week before and scored 3 their next game. Our defense cost us that game.

And 20 on the road against a top 5 defense in Bama. A Bama that was one dimensional with no qb and scored 26 on us.

If we get 2014 production offensively with what should be a dominant defense, we will be fine. As potent as this 2018 offense can be, our defense is supposed to be the better unit and carry us.

vCash
    Not bc of the offense.

Historic numbers vs Ga Tech

17 on the road against the number 1 defense in the country in OM with a missed field goal and going for it inside their 5 at the end (normally would be another field goal). OM had been shutout the week before and scored 3 their next game. Our defense cost us that game.

And 20 on the road against a top 5 defense in Bama. A Bama that was one dimensional with no qb and scored 26 on us.

If we get 2014 production offensively with what should be a dominant defense, we will be fine. As potent as this 2018 offense can be, our defense is supposed to be the better unit and carry us.
    Even with a good defensive performance we still lose those games. We didn't start scoring on Bama until late 2nd half. Ole Miss kicked our teeth on defense and GT did the same. Again, 2014 offense wasn't good enough. They'll be other defenses that will be just as good as 2014 opponents. Again, it's not good enough.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Austin, will have more catches that Guidry when the year is over
    Well Austin is going to have a helluva year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Well Austin is going to have a helluva year.
    See, that wasn't so hard. Way to come on board.

vCash
    Even with a good defensive performance we still lose those games. We didn't start scoring on Bama until late 2nd half. Ole Miss kicked our teeth on defense and GT did the same. Again, 2014 offense wasn't good enough. They'll be other defenses that will be just as good as 2014 opponents. Again, it's not good enough.
    Bama was 19-13 with 14:48 left and we couldn't get off the field defensively on three 3rd and 10's the next drive. We went up and down the field the whole second half on that Bama D. I do agree Mullen's nuts shrunk the first half.

Are you saying GT's defense kicked our teeth in? Surely not. And if you're saying GT's offense kicked our teeth in then I agree, but that has nothing to do with our offense.

vCash
    Bama was 19-13 with 14:48 left and we couldn't get off the field defensively on three 3rd and 10's the next drive. We went up and down the field the whole second half on that Bama D. I do agree Mullen's nuts shrunk the first half.

Are you saying GT's defense kicked our teeth in? Surely not. And if you're saying GT's offense kicked our teeth in then I agree, but that has nothing to do with our offense.
    The defense couldn't get off the field because the offense gave them no breather. Against GT's poor defense we didn't have a 100 yard rusher. Dak's passing yards are misleading being we had to throw to gain any yards. Again, Ole miss kicked our teeth in defensively.

vCash
    The defense couldn't get off the field because the offense gave them no breather. Against GT's poor defense we didn't have a 100 yard rusher. Dak's passing yards are misleading being we had to throw to gain any yards. Again, Ole miss kicked our teeth in defensively.
    GT was #81 in Total Defense that year. We were #86.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Moorhead played both of those QBs at Penn St. He does a lot of creative stuff. Thats kinda his thing, getting leverage and numbers. Getting his best players on the field regardless who they are.

I bet you we have a package with Fitz at QB and Key lined up next to him or opposite. Worst case it gives the defense something else to prepare for and both of them can throw and run.

I trust him regardless. He is a proven offensive mind

vCash
    When we lost to bama in 14 Mullen did his traditonal shut it down coast till the end find the first bus out routine.

Collins had had enough of his shit by the Egg Bowl and was on cruise control as well. Thats why 14 ended like it did. Again it all comes back to Danny 2 gloves