Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offensive touches

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Jm says he looks like an nfl receiver.
    He definitely does. If he's healthy & his mind is right he's no doubt a NFL guy. I think no one will remember the spring or early summer when the season starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Hasn?t lived up to the hype?? He is projected to be our #1 WR going into the season
    What else did you want from him?
    If you can project a kid to be our best WR and he hasnt taken a live snap even in spring ball then more power to you

vCash
    Mine:
    Fitz
    A-Train
    Mixon
    Whop
    Green

Next up:
    Kylin Hill (could pull touches from A-Train or Green)
    Guidry (could move past Whop but will have to match his work ethic and attitude)
    Williams or Thomas (could move into a possession receiver and red zone threat role)
    Dear, Todd (wild cards at this point in terms of fitting offense and getting pt)

It will be interesting to see how closely JMo adheres to a 5 man top tier. Outside of Fitz there is not a clear distinction between 2 and 8 or even 10.

I think he picks 5 guys and goes with it to help prepare guys for peak performance from a mental perspective. Preparing a core group for predictable and consistent fixed roles seems like a particular emphasis. Sort of a similar attitude about all skill positions that many folks take about quarterbacks - if you got two then you got none. Could make some of these battles very interesting early in camp.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Fitz
    Areis
    Hill
    Williams
    Whop

Are we sure Guidry will even be here this Fall? Hasn?t he already said he was taking a break, or did he back off from that?
    For the last time, Guidry is good and will ball.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    For the last time, Guidry is good and will ball.
    I sincerely hope he kills it. His high end ceiling in this offense is a one-and-done 1st round nfl pick.

At the same time, I don’t begrudge anyone a wait and see attitude based on the very small sample size at the juco level, injury absence during spring ball, and the twitter drama.

Cases like this are kind of the point of this thread. If your role is not clear by game 3, it seems like your role is niche player/backup. So we are talking somewhere between All-American and afterthought. Performance deltas do not get any bigger than that.

The insiders seem to think he is on the bus and putting himself in a good position to win a spot, which would be awesome. Fitz deserves a high end wr corps this year to close out his career by showing what he can do passing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If you can project a kid to be our best WR and he hasnt taken a live snap even in spring ball then more power to you
    Exacatly... you are saying he hasn’t lived up to the the hype yet and he hasn’t even played one snap.
    Guidry is the most talented WR on our roster.
    He would have started for us last year.

All I said is he is our projected #1 WR going into the season. Is anyone going to argue that?? No .
    Even without the off the field issues he wasn’t going to take any live snaps in the spring due to his injury
    And btw it’s spring ball... everyone chill about what did or didn’t happen in the spring.

vCash
    If Guidry is really an NFL guy and a legit number 1 SEC receiver, and we stay relatively healthy up front, this offense should be 2014 good.

vCash
    Exacatly... you are saying he hasn’t lived up to the the hype yet and he hasn’t even played one snap.
    Guidry is the most talented WR on our roster.
    He would have started for us last year.

All I said is he is our projected #1 WR going into the season. Is anyone going to argue that?? No .
    Even without the off the field issues he wasn’t going to take any live snaps in the spring due to his injury
    And btw it’s spring ball... everyone chill about what did or didn’t happen in the spring.
    So far he is underwhelming. His JUCO career was so-so. He is a head case. I hope your adulation is rewarded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    So far he is underwhelming. His JUCO career was so-so. He is a head case. I hope your adulation is rewarded.
    His Hinds Juco QB was so-so, so so-so passing #'s. Gold is right, he can make himself a whole lot of money this season and I am sure that Luke Getsy, who came to us from the Green Bay Packers will make sure that he knows that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Fitz
    Mixon
    TE?
    Hill
    Guidry or Williams
    If both Mixon and one of the tight ends touches the ball more than either Kylin Hill or Aeris Williams, then it could be a long miserable year for MSU football.

vCash
    Interesting that every list in the thread has Fitz at the top. Not saying that's wrong, but from reading/listening I'm not sure his legs will be used near as much as in the past (not sure if we are counting pass attempts as touches).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Fitz
    Aeris
    Kylin
    Guidry
    Mixon
    Looks like IYOK has a case of Guidry Adulation as well.
    This is the correct list
    And I agree if Mixon stays healthy he will have a big year

vCash
    Whoever the 1st string TE (I assume green) is, I would bet on him having a big year. Penn state had a great one, but Moorhead used him a lot. Gesicki (not saying green or anyone we have is on his level) was 2nd on team in catches in 2016 and 1st in 2017

vCash
    Since "Whop" is in everybody's list.... who is that again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    If Guidry is really an NFL guy and a legit number 1 SEC receiver, and we stay relatively healthy up front, this offense should be 2014 good.
    We need to be better than 2014.

vCash
    Not if we don't play 1A/1B defense all year. We had all the tools that year to be better than we were.

vCash
    This team is much better than 2014, will we have the same results 10-2 ranked and #1 in the country ??? maybe not but the talent level is better.
    Just watch the NFL draft in April . Lots of maroon and white names will be called.

vCash
    Offensively? No we don't

vCash
    This team is much better than 2014, will we have the same results 10-2 ranked and #1 in the country ??? maybe not but the talent level is better.
    Just watch the NFL draft in April . Lots of maroon and white names will be called.
    This team should be better defensively than 2014.

vCash
    I'm not talking about the draft I'm addesing the results. We tanked at the end of the year.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 07-01-2018 at 03:28 PM.