Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offensive touches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Offensive touches

One of the recent articles on Fitz noted Moorhead and staff make a list of the top 5 offensive players they want to get touches. I assume they go forward and game plan off of that decision.

Who do you forecast makes that list? What 2-3 players are currently outside but could push into that group or step up in case of injury?

Outside of Fitz, is there very much separation between the top 5 and backups on the current offensive roster? At Fordham and Penn State, those top 5 got a heavy portion of touches. But, on our roster, it seems like at rb, wr, and te there is not a distinct top tier. Does that mean Moorhead will spread touches around more, at least early in the season, searching for the top 5?

Banned
    vCash
    Filtz
    Atrain
    Kylin
    Austin w
    Whop

Nipping at their hills
    K Thompson
    Guidry

Banned
    vCash
    Fitz
    Areis
    Hill
    Williams
    Whop

Are we sure Guidry will even be here this Fall? Hasn’t he already said he was taking a break, or did he back off from that?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Fitz
    Areis
    Hill
    Williams
    Whop

Are we sure Guidry will even be here this Fall? Hasn?t he already said he was taking a break, or did he back off from that?
    For the last time, Guidry is good and will ball.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    For the last time, Guidry is good and will ball.
    I sincerely hope he kills it. His high end ceiling in this offense is a one-and-done 1st round nfl pick.

At the same time, I don’t begrudge anyone a wait and see attitude based on the very small sample size at the juco level, injury absence during spring ball, and the twitter drama.

Cases like this are kind of the point of this thread. If your role is not clear by game 3, it seems like your role is niche player/backup. So we are talking somewhere between All-American and afterthought. Performance deltas do not get any bigger than that.

The insiders seem to think he is on the bus and putting himself in a good position to win a spot, which would be awesome. Fitz deserves a high end wr corps this year to close out his career by showing what he can do passing.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Fitz
    Aeris
    Kylin
    Guidry
    Mixon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Fitz
    Aeris
    Kylin
    Guidry
    Mixon
    This is the correct list.

vCash
    Fitz
    Aeris
    Kylin
    Guidry
    Mixon
    I'm thinking this one. A healthy Mixon is going to show out in this offense I think.

IYOK, if you had to bet on who has more catches, yards, and TD's this year between Guidry and Whop, would it be Guidry in a landslide, or close? Do you feel like the light switch is on and we can expect a big year from Guidry?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm thinking this one. A healthy Mixon is going to show out in this offense I think.

IYOK, if you had to bet on who has more catches, yards, and TD's this year between Guidry and Whop, would it be Guidry in a landslide, or close? Do you feel like the light switch is on and we can expect a big year from Guidry?
    I think Guidry by a pretty solid amount.

vCash
    I think Guidry by a pretty solid amount.
    Jm says he looks like an nfl receiver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Jm says he looks like an nfl receiver.
    He definitely does. If he's healthy & his mind is right he's no doubt a NFL guy. I think no one will remember the spring or early summer when the season starts.

vCash
    Fitz
    Aeris
    Kylin
    Guidry
    Mixon
    This departs a little from the template Joo has used, no? A TE has been o. That top 5 other places. And he has always used a feature back a a tandem.

Would this mean more 2 back sets or potentially flexing one of those guys into a pass route as an h-back or into the wheel route in the past?

If a TE was to push into a top 5 touches laptop, which one would be most likely?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    This departs a little from the template Joo has used, no? A TE has been o. That top 5 other places. And he has always used a feature back a a tandem.

Would this mean more 2 back sets or potentially flexing one of those guys into a pass route as an h-back or into the wheel route in the past?

If a TE was to push into a top 5 touches laptop, which one would be most likely?
    Moorhead will likely play Aeris and Kylin at the same time, and he will play Thompson and Fitzgerald at the same time. He might get really crazy and play all 4 haha.

Farrod Green would be the only TE to crack the top 5 but Justin Johnson is a former WR he aint bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Moorhead will likely play Aeris and Kylin at the same time, and he will play Thompson and Fitzgerald at the same time. He might get really crazy and play all 4 haha.

Farrod Green would be the only TE to crack the top 5 but Justin Johnson is a former WR he aint bad
    Doubt we play Aeris and Kylin at the same time much if at all. Moorehead is a 1 back guy. Why would we play thompson and Fitz at the same time? Makes no sense. I'm hoping moorhead can use this new rule to get Key a redshirt year back. 4 games for him, 4 games for Mayden to get experience, and at least 4 games where Fitz is the only QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Why would we play thompson and Fitz at the same time? Makes no sense.
    https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...rbacks-offense

Apparently Moorhead ran those type of plays quite a bit at Penn State, much more often than something you'd call a trick play or gimmick. I have a feeling we won't see that as much here though.

vCash
    Doubt we play Aeris and Kylin at the same time much if at all. Moorehead is a 1 back guy. Why would we play thompson and Fitz at the same time? Makes no sense. I'm hoping moorhead can use this new rule to get Key a redshirt year back. 4 games for him, 4 games for Mayden to get experience, and at least 4 games where Fitz is the only QB.
    He has used 2 running backs on the field. Usually one motioning from the slot or something similar. He has also done the same with 2 dual threat qb's. It's different wrinkles based on what the defense is doing. Not sure why you would do that with Key. If he's as good as we think he his, he's not going to stay for 5 years anyway. He'll have 2 years to lead the program and by then we should have another one or two ready to take the reigns.

vCash
    Moorhead played both of those QBs at Penn St. He does a lot of creative stuff. Thats kinda his thing, getting leverage and numbers. Getting his best players on the field regardless who they are.

I bet you we have a package with Fitz at QB and Key lined up next to him or opposite. Worst case it gives the defense something else to prepare for and both of them can throw and run.

I trust him regardless. He is a proven offensive mind

vCash
    Fitz
    Aeris
    Kylin
    Guidry
    Mixon
    Looks like IYOK has a case of Guidry Adulation as well.
    This is the correct list
    And I agree if Mixon stays healthy he will have a big year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Looks like IYOK has a case of Guidry Adulation as well.
    This is the correct list
    And I agree if Mixon stays healthy he will have a big year
    Austin, will have more catches that Guidry when the year is over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Austin, will have more catches that Guidry when the year is over
    Well Austin is going to have a helluva year.