Thread: Boneyard Today

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We have a winner
    No Cooterpoot is most certainly not a winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    If Schloss wanted it and Cohen passed that?s a bad move. At a minimum it?s a bad move initially. Hopefully Lemonis kills it and mitigates the negatives aspects of that decision. It?s like saying we turned down Urban Meyer for JoMo.
    Beastman, Urban has 3 Natty's and Schloss has some good seasons, but no championships. I don't see why everybody is fascinated with this guy. If you want to throw money at someone, throw it at Pat Casey he has 4 Natty's!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Beastman, Urban has 3 Natty's and Schloss has some good seasons, but no championships. I don't see why everybody is fascinated with this guy. If you want to throw money at someone, throw it at Pat Casey he has 4 Natty's!
    Schloss loves recruiting 8th graders. It's why Shotgun and Cooterpuss are obsessed with him.

vCash
    He has 3.

vCash
    He's coached 17 years at non-traditional programs. In those 17 years, he's won his conference 9 times with 5 CWS. Tcu has been in a regional 15 times in its history... schloss has 13 of them in his 15 seasons. Tcu had never won a regional before schloss... they've won 7 with schloss. Tcu has never won their conference tourney before schloss... they've won it 8 times with schloss. Tcu had never been to the CWS before schloss... they've been to 5 with schloss.

Are you guys seriously downplaying schloss while building up lemonis?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He's coached 17 years at non-traditional programs. In those 17 years, he's won his conference 9 times with 5 CWS. Tcu has been in a regional 15 times in its history... schloss has 13 of them in his 15 seasons. Tcu had never won a regional before schloss... they've won 7 with schloss. Tcu has never won their conference tourney before schloss... they've won it 8 times with schloss. Tcu had never been to the CWS before schloss... they've been to 5 with schloss.

Are you guys seriously downplaying schloss while building up lemonis?
    You forgot one important part. He's an egotistical dickhead just like Dan Mullen. Cohen ain't playing that game anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You forgot one important part. He's an egotistical dickhead just like Dan Mullen. Cohen ain't playing that game anymore.
    What are you basing this on?

vCash
    Schlossnagle: 15 years at TCU, made a regional 13 times, a super 7 times, and 5 CWS appearances.

They had 2 regional appearances before Schloss and 0 Super Regional Appearances, and 0 CWS appearances.

The guy is a top baseball coach and it's not debatable.

Banned
    vCash
    What are you basing this on?
    You're privy to the same information as I am. Not my fault you can't use your 6th sense yet.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Schlossnagle: 15 years at TCU, made a regional 13 times, a super 7 times, and 5 CWS appearances.

They had 2 regional appearances before Schloss and 0 Super Regional Appearances, and 0 CWS appearances.

The guy is a top baseball coach and it's not debatable.
    Schloss is a big fat 0-1 in selling himself as the right coach for MSU to Cohen. I trust Cohen. I don't trust the dick in Fort Worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You're privy to the same information as I am. Not my fault you can't use your 6th sense yet.
    Haha... I just don't take stuff as gospel here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Or Cohen could've just put pride aside and hired the best coach.

Why is everything assumed to be Schloss' fault?
    It's not about fault. It's about fit. Is it worth hiring Schlossnagle only to have him leave 2-3 years from now because he can't get along with Cohen? It sounds like Schlossnagle doesn't get along all that well with some of TCU's AD's either hence why he was looking to leave in the first place.

As an applicant it's your job to sell yourself to your boss and Schlossnagle did not do a good job of that apparently.

vCash
    Agendas are being firmly set...I can already see the threads that will start popping up next spring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My guess is Cohen told him we would wait until our postseason run is over and then Schlossnagle leaked that he was withdrawing his name from consideration trying to force Cohen to make a move and Cohen called his bluff.

Scossnagle should have given Henderson and our team the common courtesy of finishing our season IMO.
    This is essentially what Rosebowl was indicating, along with that is sounded like McDonnell was top choice & sounds like Cohen wanted opportunity to speak with him before making decision. Sounds like that convo ended with McDonnell having made promises to his family but then he strongly recommended Lemonis. By this time Schloss had already tried his hardball bluff. Dont blame Cohen for not going back to the table.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    1 -
    You can't let a possible employee dictate terms to your job search regardless of who they are.
    2 -
    Just because someone is considered one of the "BIG 3" doesn't automatically make them the best option for the job.
    3 -
    When you have a potential employee try to continue to dictate terms publicly to force your hand, the employer has to realize that their crap will only get worse once they are there if hired. This has been proven time and again in multiple fields of business.
    4 -
    Verify everything. EVERYTHING. I went through a hiring process once where I felt like I was "the guy" for the position. Even the head of the search group told me that, but said they were going to speak with their other prospects first. They went dead quiet for a couple weeks. During that time, they called my references, asked them for other references, and then asked those people for other references. When they finally extended an offer to me, they told me their entire process and said they felt from the get-go I was their guy, but they owed it to the group they represented to follow through to ensure everything.
    I say all of that to say this - if Schloss wasn't willing to allow the process to work itself to the end, then he wasn't truly what was best for our program in the long term. Either he's a hot-head ego, or was feeling some heat at TCU that we all don't know about that he wants to bail ASAP, or maybe has some skeletons he doesn't want found from an exhaustive search.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Agendas are being firmly set...I can already see the threads that will start popping up next spring
    Lol... whatever. If there were a poll here 3 weeks ago asking who everyone prefers between schloss and lemonis, what you think the results would look like? Just find it crazy everyone now says lemonis is the better candidate.

I'm not against lemonis. I think he will do well here... hell, who hasn't done well here? Fact remains... schloss is clearly a better coach than lemonis currently

Banned
    vCash
    Haha... I just don't take stuff as gospel here
    Isn't about the gospel. It's about the timeline and how Schloss has acted and what he's let leak through his agent. You have enough information to pretty much guarantee he's a total dick. That's the last thing we need less than a year after Dan Mullen left the way he did. You fall for the blonde with the big tits every time even though the entire time you're trying to wet your noodle you know she's a raging ****.

Schloss is the type of guy to come in and immediately do away with our MSU baseball logo or something outrageous just to show everyone whose boss.

vCash
    One thing about it is for sure. Cohen is not going to lose any sleep over a few message board posters second guessing him. One suggestion to those who think Cohen screwed up with Schloss. Please go and support Schloss, while over 99% of the MSU family will support Lemonis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    One thing about it is for sure. Cohen is not going to lose any sleep over a few message board posters second guessing him. One suggestion to those who think Cohen screwed up with Schloss. Please go and support Sclhoss, while over 99% of the MSU family will support Lemonis.
    This is garbage. You can question the AD, and still support the AD's choice for coach. Why would me or any state fan not support lemonis? I/they wouldn't

Banned
    vCash
    This is garbage. You can question the AD, and still support the AD's choice for coach. Why would me or any state fan not support lemonis? I/they wouldn't
    You're just torturing yourself. Cohen is never going to tell us why he didn't hire Schloss. You just have to look at it and the info provided and deduct the reasoning yourself. Of course we've already provided that for you multiple times in this thread yet your thirst remains. Drink the water provided and move on.