Thread: Anyone got a list of where our guys are playing Summer Ball?

vCash

Anyone got a list of where our guys are playing Summer Ball?

Anyone going to the Cape? I read that Mangum is going to take the summer off and workout.

vCash
    I hope small takes the summer off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I hope small takes the summer off
    I agree. Big summer for a lot of guys, but in particular Keegan James, Jordan Anderson, and Josh Hatcher. I also really hope we bring Peyton Plumlee back on the team.

vCash
    All I could find so far is Kale Breaux and Tucker Childers (MSU signee from Northeast MS CC) are playing for the SS Takoma Hawks in the Cal Ripken Collegiate League.

Jordan Anderson is playing for the Vermont Mountaineers in the New England Collegiate League.

I know Peyton Plumlee is playing somewhere and is tearing it up but I couldn't find out where.

The California Collegiate League's server is down and is freezing my computer up.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 06-27-2018 at 11:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I agree. Big summer for a lot of guys, but in particular Keegan James, Jordan Anderson, and Josh Hatcher. I also really hope we bring Peyton Plumlee back on the team.
    Because we went deep into Omaha and had a coaching change we may be scrambling a little bit to find summer teams for some guys. The summer ball season is almost halfway over. I'd be totally fine if Peyton Plumlee didn't come back to be honest.

vCash
    Peyton Plumlee Zane Stephens and tanner Allen are all playing for the Adirondack Mohawks the perfect game league. Can’t find any stats but saw Zane Stephens through 5 hitless in one start

vCash
    Colby White (jc transfer) is in the Cape with the Cotuit kettlers.

Last I checked, he was getting roughed up pretty good.

But I also noticed OM has a huge Cape contingent, not as good as our Super Regional and Omaha contingent but seems like 10 or so players in the Cape. Them and the Oregon Ducks are optically the college teams with the most players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake 'n Bake View Post
    Peyton Plumlee Zane Stephens and tanner Allen are all playing for the Adirondack Mohawks the perfect game league. Can’t find any stats but saw Zane Stephens through 5 hitless in one start
    Good call! I looked up that league and Justin Foscue is also playing on that team in Aidrondack and Jordan Westburg is playing in that league for the Elmira Pioneers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Colby White (jc transfer) is in the Cape with the Cotuit kettlers.

Last I checked, he was getting roughed up pretty good.

But I also noticed OM has a huge Cape contingent, not as good as our Super Regional and Omaha contingent but seems like 10 or so players in the Cape. Them and the Oregon Ducks are optically the college teams with the most players
    The last time I looked White was placed on the inactive list for his team in the Cape. He was probably a placeholder while the SR's and CWS was going on.

Not surprising that Ole Miss has a lot of players in that league because most of them are coming up on their junior year. I bet we have the same thing happen next year with our guys like Hatcher, Tanner Allen, Rowdey, Westburg, Foscue, and Jordan Anderson among others. Our team next year is going to be mostly sophomores and seniors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake 'n Bake View Post
    http://pgcbl.bbstats.pointstreak.com...&view=pitching

Damn, It's been 2 or 3 seasons since an MSU pitcher produced decent Summer stats. Not since Jared Padgett and Ethan Small dominated in the Cape in the TJ-Summer of 2016.

Stephens and Plumlee are among the staff leaders innings and have nice sub 3 ERAs. The new Plum seems to throw strikes. Might last more than 3 batters at OM next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    http://pgcbl.bbstats.pointstreak.com...&view=pitching

Damn, It's been 2 or 3 seasons since an MSU pitcher produced decent Summer stats. Not since Jared Padgett and Ethan Small dominated in the Cape in the TJ-Summer of 2016.

Stephens and Plumlee are among the staff leaders innings and have nice sub 3 ERAs. The new Plum seems to throw strikes. Might last more than 3 batters at OM next season.
    Plumlee is old for that league. I'm not sure what his future holds with us. My guess is odds are he won't be back. I'm almost certain he will have to walk on if he does come back.

vCash

What did he do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Plumlee is old for that league. I'm not sure what his future holds with us. My guess is odds are he won't be back. I'm almost certain he will have to walk on if he does come back.
    Was he kicked off the team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Was he kicked off the team?
    Suspended a year for failing a drug test.

Banned
    vCash
    Sorry I just noticed this thread. Mod delete mine please

vCash
    a little off topic but I didn't want to start a thread about it... Cody Brown was released from the Yankees organization recently ? hate that cause Cody was one of my favorites
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    a little off topic but I didn't want to start a thread about it... Cody Brown was released from the Yankees organization recently ? hate that cause Cody was one of my favorites
    Extremely hard to make it.

Here's a few that look good so far...
    Kruger (AA) - .787 ops
    Lowe (AA) - 1.035 ops
    Rooker (AA) - .813 ops

vCash
    Girodo got released today as well

What ever happened to Noah (forget his last name) that hurt his arm a few years ago. I think he went to JC. Anybody know how he did?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Girodo got released today as well

What ever happened to Noah (forget his last name) that hurt his arm a few years ago. I think he went to JC. Anybody know how he did?
    Noah Hughes? He transferred to Hinds and is going to play for Southeast Louisiana next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Extremely hard to make it.

Here's a few that look good so far...
    Kruger (AA) - .787 ops
    Lowe (AA) - 1.035 ops
    Rooker (AA) - .813 ops
    Kruger and Lowe just got promoted to AA not too long ago. AA separates the prospects from everyone else. Hope they do well.

And speaking of looking good- Dakota Hudson is tearing it up in AAA.