Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any pitching coach prospects

Banned
    vCash

Any pitching coach prospects

Or rumors anyone hearing ? Is Bunn not an option? I think he?s a great pitching coach.

vCash
    Lemonis said yesterday that he was not in any hurry on completing his staff. He may be waiting to see how the IND coaching search plays out, or he may be going in another direction. It did sound like that he is intending on bringing more than one new assistant coach in. Cohen said that Lemonis had the opportunity to be surrounded with some of the best assistant coaches in college baseball. So money does not appear to be an issue.

vCash
    Henderson ****

vCash
    How many assistant coaches are there? Obviously there's a hitting and pitching coach, but how many more does the NCAA allow?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    How many assistant coaches are there? Obviously there's a hitting and pitching coach, but how many more does the NCAA allow?
    We had HC and 3 assistants to start year. I assume 4 is the number

ETA... looks like I assumed wrong
    Last edited by msstate7; 06-27-2018 at 10:57 PM.

vCash

I originally thought you could have three assistant coaches on salary and one volunteer assistant coach, but you can only have two salaried assistant coaches and then a volunteer assistant coach. Then an undergraduate assistant coach is possible too. Then you also have your off the field positions, Director of Baseball Operations, strength coach etc.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 06-27-2018 at 10:58 PM.

vCash
    It's pretty much your head coach, your pitching coach, and your hitting coach and that's it as far as full time. And then there is the volunteer assistant which is what Mike Brown was when we were fully staffed. The volunteer assistant can't recruit off campus and has to have a salary that is supplemented from an outside source for it to be the equivalent of a full time position in terms of pay. And what sucks for them is since they are a volunteer they don't get University full time benefits like insurance.

MSU being a big program we do some creative things to get more baseball coaches on staff that are about the equivalent of graduate assistants- like coordinator of camps and coordinator of baseball operations and I'm pretty sure we use both of them to help out with practice in addition to whatever their job entails coordinating things.

vCash
    I've got no info on the prospective hire and would rather a proven elite pitching coach but if that can't happen, what about a guy like Chris Young. He pitched here, pitched in the minors, was a scout, was a head scout with the Astros and now is the Assistant Pitching Coach for the Phillies.

vCash
    Ginn's father****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    I've got no info on the prospective hire and would rather a proven elite pitching coach but if that can't happen, what about a guy like Chris Young. He pitched here, pitched in the minors, was a scout, was a head scout with the Astros and now is the Assistant Pitching Coach for the Phillies.
    Didn't realize he was a pitching coach. One of my favorite games is the SEC Tournament Championship that he shut down LSU and Mestapay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    That's the type of resume and background we need. Plus he is home-made. Good find

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We had HC and 3 assistants to start year. I assume 4 is the number

ETA... looks like I assumed wrong
    Can we hire a catchers coach?

vCash
    Kenny Powers

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Ginn's father****
    Sign him up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Looks like you got what you wanted

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Looks like we did....
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Ginn's father****
    Naw, Mikes more of a hitting coach lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Naw, Mikes more of a hitting coach lol.
    Sounds like Jake G needs to find a job then******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Looks like you got what you wanted
    I wish I was asking for Lotto numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    That's the type of resume and background we need. Plus he is home-made. Good find
    Don't get your hopes up but I think there is at least some interest with at least one side of this equation, but as we all know it it takes two to tango.