I think we can move on to this now....

I want someone that can develop pitchers using modern techniques. That to me means developing velocity and using analysis to get the most out of our pitchers. We did appear to get burned by Wes Johnson. But I think it's shortsighted to not go back to a similar program because he may or may not have implemented his program appropriately with us. My guess is he knew he wasn't going to be at MSU for long and rushed through the program because he arrived in November or December. He didn't have the same issues at Dallas Baptist and he hasn't had the same issues at Arkansas. We've gone away from his program the past couple of years and our command and velocity has suffered. Let's get someone with a similar background but do it right rather than just assume it will hurt all of our pitchers.

One thing that is a little bit weird about me as a baseball fan is I like sidearm/submarine pitchers. I loved Dan Quisenberry back in the day, Chad Bradford, Pat Neshek, and etc. And as far as MSU goes- Van Johnson, Saunders Ramsey, and Josh Wooten were some of my favorites but then Caleb Reed throwing over the stop AND sidearm was pretty much the ultimate for me. And then there is Chad Girodo. I'd like a coach that has at least a couple of those guys on the roster. With the roster limits and everything you can overdo it for sure, and I don't want that. But I would like someone that has a good knowledge of the gimmick styles of pitching. I think sidearm guys can be pretty valuable if they are good because they can eat innings if you have a starter that is having a bad day or if you get into extra innings they can help buy you some times if they are a good pitcher as well.

The last thing is I want someone with scouting/pro connections. That goes along with recruiting. IMO it's a little but easier to get elite pitchers into a college baseball program that elite power hitters because of the state of the game currently where there are a lot of hard throwing pitchers but not as many great hitters and as a result offense is down right now. So being able to find those guys that are signable is critical.