Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What I Want in a Pitching Coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I agree on the playing time. I'm pretty sure that the plan was for Anderson to replace Jake in CF, when Jake ended his career. I'm not sure what happened to Hatcher and I don't understand Anderson not getting more playing time either. It's pretty normal that some players will transfer when a new coach comes in, or they want more playing time. etc.
    Anderson will start next year imo. He fits what Lemonis wants to do. We will put a lot more pressure on the defense with much much more hit and runs and steals. I think Rowdy will move to second with Anderson starting in left. I also think Skelton won’t be the first choice at catcher either. I think our lineup will be much more dynamic under Lemonis with obvious strength gains next year in our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Anderson will start next year imo. He fits what Lemonis wants to do. We will put a lot more pressure on the defense with much much more hit and runs and steals. I think Rowdy will move to second with Anderson starting in left. I also think Skelton won’t be the first choice at catcher either. I think our lineup will be much more dynamic under Lemonis with obvious strength gains next year in our team.
    I've been thinking that Tanner Allen would eventually move to 2B with Bryce Bush taking over 1B.

Does anyone know if Owen Lovell stayed in school? I'm curious to see if he decides to give it a go again.

vCash
    You guys are the ones continuing this. I’m just responding to your retorts giving all the credit of this past run to Henderson. He was only a small piece and I will give him credit on righting the ship and being a calming influence. But Gautreau and those kids deserve more credit for this run then Henderson does imo. And we will see it next year where we will make it back and win this thing with Lemonis as our coach. Just watch. That’s all I’ll say on Henderson.

I have never campaigned for Henderson to be our new HC. If Cohen had decided he was the right fit, then I would have supported his decision, but he was definitely not my choice. I just didn't thing Henderson should have gotten slammed for anything negative that happened, and get no credit for anything positive. Let's just say it was a joint effort of our athletic department ( Athletic Director, Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, Players) and Fans that helped accomplish what we did in baseball this year.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 06-27-2018 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    I M O

It was a team effort.

Coaches and players!

vCash
    DELETE
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 06-27-2018 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    I just refuted what you had said and you come back with this? So when he says he?s impressed with Lemonis and wants to play for him he?s really just saying what people want to hear. Whstever man...
    Uou didn?t refute anything. If he signs it wound be Lemonis fault and if he doesn?t it won?t be because of him. If he doesn?t sign he might not of signed either way. You don?t know. You are just running your pie hole.

vCash
    If I was Jordan Anderson or Josh Hatcher and Henderson was named coach, I?d heavily think of transferring. Hell, Jordan Anderson didn?t get a fair shake imo under Henderson.
    Glad you weren?t the coach. Ask gotro then.

vCash
    Really? Because JT Ginn says otherwise...

A key element in his decision about State is his feelings about the new head coach Chris Lemonis. After meeting him face-to-face Tuesday afternoon, he came away very impressed.

"I loved the first impression I got of him," said JT. "He is a super nice, genuine guy. I really liked him a lot. He talked about building relationships with his players. He definitely seems like a real players coach. He definitely knows his stuff. I think he will do a really good job. And I couldn't be more excited to play for him."
    So let me ask, if JT signs is it Lemonis? fault?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Glad you weren?t the coach. Ask gotro then.
    Gautreau wasn’t in charge of lineups or lineup order. That was Henderson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I've been thinking that Tanner Allen would eventually move to 2B with Bryce Bush taking over 1B.

Does anyone know if Owen Lovell stayed in school? I'm curious to see if he decides to give it a go again.
    Tanner is not a 2b at this level. If he has to play there its by default

vCash
    So let me ask, if JT signs is it Lemonis? fault?
    If JT signs with the Dodgers, it will be because they either hit or were a smidge off the Ginn’s number. That has nothing to do with anything. But you said it didn’t matter what he thought of Lemonis and that article refuted exactly what you said. It doesn’t matter because Lemonis is an elite recruiter and while he might not be able to talk a first round guy out of signing with a big league team he will be able to get the kids we have lost in the 11th-15th rounds we have missed out on routinely.

vCash
    Gautreau wasn’t in charge of lineups or lineup order. That was Henderson.
    sooooooo, you think henderson didn't let gotro have any input on lineup??? okkkkkkkkk. you are as dumb as i thought then.

vCash
    sooooooo, you think henderson didn't let gotro have any input on lineup??? okkkkkkkkk. you are as dumb as i thought then.
    The lineup and lineup order ultimately was Henderson’s decision. Not sure why you are disputing this.

vCash
    If JT signs with the Dodgers, it will be because they either hit or were a smidge off the Ginn’s number. That has nothing to do with anything. But you said it didn’t matter what he thought of Lemonis and that article refuted exactly what you said. It doesn’t matter because Lemonis is an elite recruiter and while he might not be able to talk a first round guy out of signing with a big league team he will be able to get the kids we have lost in the 11th-15th rounds we have missed out on routinely.
    I'm ok w the hire at this point. He will get a chance to show his worth. And what i said was, either way, Lemonis really doesn't matter. Crap man, Commerce has been on here for months saying JT wanted to play here. Thats way before Lemonis. He wants to be a bulldog with or without Lemonis. I'm Glad he likes him. It doens't hurt but isn't going to determine the end result. Why is that so hard for you to understand. smh.......

vCash
    I'm ok w the hire at this point. He will get a chance to show his worth. And what i said was, either way, Lemonis really doesn't matter. Crap man, Commerce has been on here for months saying JT wanted to play here. Thats way before Lemonis. He wants to be a bulldog with or without Lemonis. I'm Glad he likes him. It doens't hurt but isn't going to determine the end result. Why is that so hard for you to understand. smh.......
    I’m glad you approve asshole...

vCash
    The lineup and lineup order ultimately was Henderson’s decision. Not sure why you are disputing this.
    Yes, ultimately he signs the card. And in one breath you give gotro the credit for us winning and in the other its henderson who sat anderson. Who i might ask, at the end of the season would have you sat for anderson? or hatcher for that matter, who had more than enough opportunity to show his worth. Do you honestly think, asking again, that henderson didn't ask gotro for his opinion on the lineup??? and if the answer is yes then i give up. Cause you are wrong. again.

vCash
    Yes, ultimately he signs the card. And in one breath you give gotro the credit for us winning and in the other its henderson who sat anderson. Who i might ask, at the end of the season would have you sat for anderson? or hatcher for that matter, who had more than enough opportunity to show his worth. Do you honestly think, asking again, that henderson didn't ask gotro for his opinion on the lineup??? and if the answer is yes then i give up. Cause you are wrong. again.
    I’d say Henderson was the one who consistently played Skelton at Catcher when Gilbert was better both defensively and offensively and I would have given Anderson a ton more at bats throughout the year at the DH slot when facing left handed hitters and given him more reps in the outfield as well. He has a ton of upside. Perhaps had we given more at bats to Anderson and Hatcher we could have gone to them in PH situations when Rowdy and Allen were both batting .086 in the CWS yet we kept them in the 2 and 3 hole. We really didn’t do anything in the hit and run game and also really didn’t steal that many bases. We also for some odd reason had players coach the first base side. To me all of these things ultimately fall on the head coach or should. Gautreau definitely did wonders with our approach and hitting and I’m sure he had a ton of input on the offense but the buck stops with the HC and I think Henderson did dictate who started and was involved in the batting order as well.

vCash
    I’d say Henderson was the one who consistently played Skelton at Catcher when Gilbert was better both defensively and offensively and I would have given Anderson a ton more at bats throughout the year at the DH slot when facing left handed hitters and given him more reps in the outfield as well. He has a ton of upside. Perhaps had we given more at bats to Anderson and Hatcher we could have gone to them in PH situations when Rowdy and Allen were both batting .086 in the CWS yet we kept them in the 2 and 3 hole. We really didn’t do anything in the hit and run game and also really didn’t steal that many bases. We also for some odd reason had players coach the first base side. To me all of these things ultimately fall on the head coach or should. Gautreau definitely did wonders with our approach and hitting and I’m sure he had a ton of input on the offense but the buck stops with the HC and I think Henderson did dictate who started and was involved in the batting order as well.
    Those starters did a damn good job of equaling our second best finish in program history. Glad to see Henderson get some credit here...