Thread: Guys trip to Northern Arkansas Recommendations

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash

Guys trip to Northern Arkansas Recommendations

One of my best friends got married recently and we're a little past going to New Orleans or the like for a typical bachelor party. When asked my bud mentioned a canoe/kayak trip, maybe some hiking, and a little fishing. Anyone have any advice on where to go in Northern or Central Arkansas that we can do all?

vCash
    I’m no help but I’m following this thread. I’ve always wanted to do one of those trout trips in Arkansas

vCash
    We rented a cabin due east of Mountain Home, Ark a few years ago. The cabin was on VRBO and was awesome It was a secluded cabin that had access to the White River, just off the back porch. We could wade fish up and down the river as far as we wanted to walk. Caught plenty of rainbow trout. We canoed another section of the white river about 15 mins from the cabin. The name of the canoe service escapes me, but it was great. Plenty canoe services in the area. This is far N Ark just south of Bull Shoals. Better check the river levels and dam schedules. We went in early May and could wade.

Ive also fished the Little Red River. 1st time with a fly rod and i landed close to 20 rainbows. It was a blast. I believe we were close to Heber Springs but not certain. Sorry
    Last edited by LandDawg; 06-25-2018 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    Check out Lake Greeson/Narrows Dam. You can rent a cabin or camp primative. The lake is huge. Rent a boat, take a boat, canoe, yak...whatever. You can rent anything from a houseboat down. Also, just downstream of the dam is good trout fishing.

vCash
    Heard there is this great roadhouse south of Kansas City called the Double Duece. It's a raunchy lil place but the blondes in that area are hot. Just don't F with the bouncer. Heard hes a badass. His name is Dalton.

vCash
    All I have ever done in Northern Ark is duck hunt in the winter, and Rainbow Trout fished in the Summer. Both were awesome.

vCash

I am park ranger in arkansas you cant go wrong just about anywhere. water levels low

Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    All I have ever done in Northern Ark is duck hunt in the winter, and Rainbow Trout fished in the Summer. Both were awesome.
    right now but subject to change. I like nimrod and clearwater the best myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Looking to go mid August. Will water be really low then? Thanks for the suggestions.

We're looking at making Mountain View the home base and branching out from there. We'd only be an hour or so from both the white and the buffalo rivers.

vCash

The white river is pretty consistant on flow. The Buffalo can be low in August

Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Looking to go mid August. Will water be really low then? Thanks for the suggestions.

We're looking at making Mountain View the home base and branching out from there. We'd only be an hour or so from both the white and the buffalo rivers.
    depends on rain in Missouri. You cant go wrong at Mt. View. there are sites you can check water level every day. Here is a link http://www.buffaloriver.com/pages/fl...o-river-level/

vCash
    depends on rain in Missouri. You cant go wrong at Mt. View. there are sites you can check water level every day. Here is a link http://www.buffaloriver.com/pages/fl...o-river-level/
    Thanks...rep given!

vCash
    In your opinion, what is the best time of year to fish?

vCash

Depends on what your fishing for Catfishing April -November for serious

Quote Originally Posted by OneArmSteve View Post
    In your opinion, what is the best time of year to fish?
    Catfishing at the Jardis Point dam April thru October near Pendleton snagging is legal at the Hydro and Below the gates. Bait fishing Good when skipjack is running usually between June and late August.

Bass and trout depends on your favorite place but north Arkansas April to early October.

crappie good March to May. And Sept to November

vCash
    We have done the Buffalo a few times and have had some fun catching smallmouth. We use our owns kayaks and camp on the river. The 11 Point in Missouri is spring fed and can be floated year round. We have caught fish in July and August but it is tougher fishing no doubt. I can’t help with base camp and unless some rains come, your float options will continue to decrease. White is always going to have water, just make sure the you have some guys that have a bit of experience maneuvering a kayak.