Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get on board with this hire.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash

Get on board with this hire.

If we ever want to get guys like JT Ginn on campus we need to get behind this hire as a fan base. I believe this is gonna be a good hire. He's got good pedigree. You can get a great baseball coach that was an asst in helping build a great top program then going to be a head guy and winning games.

vCash
    ^^^This guy gets it^^^

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    If we ever want to get guys like JT Ginn on campus we need to get behind this hire as a fan base. I believe this is gonna be a good hire. He's got good pedigree. You can get a great baseball coach that was an asst in helping build a great top program then going to be a head guy and winning games.
    A to the men!!

vCash
    Cohen hired him for a reason. That's enough for me.

vCash
    I think he's going to be fine.

vCash
    I agree. Schlossnagle and McDonnell had to start somewhere too. Hell, this guy gets a lot of credit for what McDonnell has done at Louisville.

vCash
    Thank you!

And like I said- the two coaches in the SEC that have a similar background to him are Paul Manieri and Dave Van Horn. Both came from Northern schools and both have at least made it to the finals in Omaha. And in Manieri's first four years at Notre Dame he only made a regional once. Lemonis has made them three out of four years. Van Horn did better just to be transparent- making it to a SR and Omaha in his first four years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I agree. Schlossnagle and McDonnell had to start somewhere too. Hell, this guy gets a lot of credit for what McDonnell has done at Louisville.
    And Lemonis has a better track record at hire than Schlossnagle or McDonnell had when they were first hired. Schlossnagle had been at UNLV for two years and only made a regional once and McDonnell had only been an assistant.

vCash
    It's a great hire. He checks the box of the type of coach we need for this program.

The only reason people are complaining is because of expectations. Throw that out, & it's hard to not see the upside of this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    It seems like McDonnell gives him the credit also. Cohen went out on a limb hiring Canny and if he keeps lil canny in his pants then we are probably building towards a championship.

Canny helped get our next 3 recruiting classes in the top 5. He took over late and had massive pitching injuries, he still took us to a Super Regional.

We see what Cohen values and he knows a lot about baseball. Cohen also has the connections to know how good of a coach Lemonis really is. I trust Cohen's decision making.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It seems like McDonnell gives him the credit also. Cohen went out on a limb hiring Canny and if he keeps lil canny in his pants then we are probably building towards a championship.

Canny helped get our next 3 recruiting classes in the top 5. He took over late and had massive pitching injuries, he still took us to a Super Regional.

We see what Cohen values and he knows a lot about baseball. Cohen also has the connections to know how good of a coach Lemonis really is. I trust Cohen's decision making.
    I'm spreading some rep around so I can give you some.

vCash
    I’m hoping this guy can recruit us back to elite status. We are not currently and elite program, but we have the tools to be. We’ve allowed too many schools to pass us. FL and Vandy got natties. AR is playing for one, and Auburn is a looming threat. We are damn lucky Ole Miss didn’t get a natty this year. We need someone to sustain success and not just have runs here and there. I hope the run we this year csn springboard us back yo elite status.

vCash

I disagree I think this was a bad hire and will probably go the way of Rick Ray and

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm spreading some rep around so I can give you some.
    Croom.

vCash
    Rick Ray and Croom?....bless your heart

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    You are not going to get too many wanting to pass up 1st round money no matter who the coach is. And not a soul on this board can say they would turn it down if they were in that situation. I know I sure as hell wouldn't.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Croom.
    Why do you think that?

vCash
    Cohen was willing to buck the feel-good portion of the fan base and media for him. That said more than enough for me.

HOME RUN HIRE

vCash
    As soon as I checked his background, I liked this hire. The guy is obviously close with McDonnell and was a big part of what was built at Louisville. But, that Citadel background says a lot to me too. That's not a traditional power, is kind of an odd-duck as a military school, and he was a big part of their baseball history. Knowing that he and McDonnell were teammates on their 1990 CWS team helps me tie it all together. Lemonis is no stranger to Cohen.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutDog View Post
    Cohen was willing to buck the feel-good portion of the fan base and media for him. That said more than enough for me.

HOME RUN HIRE
    On that note- I haven't seen the media say anything bad about the hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Croom.
    Whaaaa?? Ok. Do you realize just how bad Rick Ray was? He went 10-22, 14-19, and 13-19. In his new job at SEMO, he is 5-24, 15-18, and 14-17.

So you Lemonis will never have a winning season and never even sniff a regional. Got it.