Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cohen on Bo Bounds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't appreciate our AD trolling us. I'm not even really upset we got lemonis, but Cohen should be held accountable for what he promises.
    Now 7 I've been with you here lately, but don't go off the chain. He is held accountable every day . I will Trust this choice and I say welcome aboard , now get the 17 after it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Just how much Xing and Oing is there in baseball. It is about players and most importantly pitchers. He with the best pitchers win the game. So an elite recruiter is the ticket. Sign the best be the best. Fill in the lineup card and put them out on the diamond
    Kentucky has the most mlb draft picks of anyone this season. They missed a regional. How do you explain this then?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It’s obvious that our top choices were Schloss and McDonnell. But when Cohen couldn’t land McDonnell, he probably asked Dan who he would recommend and McDonnell really talked up Lemonis. Cohen did his due diligence on Lemonis interviewed him and obviously came away really impressed. This is a Cohen type hire in line with Moorhead. Personally, I really like the hire and think he will do really well here. I’m sure he will also impress in the press conference as well. He’s a guy who I could see 10+ years here with multiple CWS trips. If he can get the elite talent here like his resume suggests, he will win a Natty here.
    Truth!

vCash
    This hire is a major disappointment to me. I'm going to pout for a day then I will get behind it. But Cohen better pray Moorhead wins at least 9 regular season games this year.

vCash
    Kentucky has the most mlb draft picks of anyone this season. They missed a regional. How do you explain this then?
    They got screwed, they should have been in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Name the coaches that would want their AD on the radio ripping decisions and the play on the field? I think Cohen needs to back off a little. We can handle that on here, LOL.
    You must not have watched that game. If Cohen was on the fence at all about Henderson, that game would have sealed it in the NO category.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    You must not have watched that game. If Cohen was on the fence at all about Henderson, that game would have sealed it in the NO category.
    I would hope his mind was not made up on one game

vCash
    I doubt he did but it could have been the final nail in the coffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Just how much Xing and Oing is there in baseball. It is about players and most importantly pitchers. He with the best pitchers win the game. So an elite recruiter is the ticket. Sign the best be the best. Fill in the lineup card and put them out on the diamond
    The first half of this post is why I mostly never listen to baseball opinions during and after games on this board. Do you actually believe that there aren't a lot of X's and O's in baseball? That's just a poor poor take.

Yes it's important to hire an elite recruiter. But if you can't manage the game of baseball your elite talent will come short every time. That's why there are only a few of the same good teams every year. Those teams have found people that can do both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Truth!
    Not to derail the thread but how many of your posts are "+1", "Truth" and/or "This"? I'm guessing half. Is that just to get your count up?
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    This hire is a major disappointment to me. I'm going to pout for a day then I will get behind it. But Cohen better pray Moorhead wins at least 9 regular season games this year.
    I want 10 wins. We are better than everyone on paper but Alabama but can live with a slip up to someone else.

vCash
    That's baseball.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    I'm not speaking of hiring Henderson. I didn't want Henderson. I'm just saying we have a freaking demanding, big time job and our AD adds to the pressure by getting on the radio and doing that. If I'm a big time coach, I don't want the previous coach and current AD doing that. Do I love to hear it? Sure. But not if I'm the coach. John needs to back off on that kind of stuff, just like running his mouth about the hiring process. He's passionate about our program. But he can't let that passion be a negative.

vCash
    Just like you can't hire based on one post season run that was sustained by walk off HRs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    After sleeping on it and realizing THIS is the right answer, I'm all in. No top coach in the country is coming to MSU, ever... even if we build the best baseball stadium in the country... so be it. And it doesn't just pertain to baseball... Howland was out of coaching, Bellard was a has been & Jackie had baggage. Our hiring will always be either up-and-comers (Mullen) or all we can get (Croom, Ray), hopefully Lemonis will turn out to be more of the former than the ladder.
    Moorhead and Mullen were both considered the top OCs in the country at the time. Howland had multiple final 4s and I wasnt alive when Bellard or when Jackie was hired.

I get what you're saying but acting like po dunk MSU cant get anyone isnt true. We couldnt get anyone bc of the good ol boy system and Templeton running our athletic department like a gas station

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Not to derail the thread but how many of your posts are "+1", "Truth" and/or "This"? I'm guessing half. Is that just to get your count up?
    Noticed this also. Do the most posts show that you know the most on said topic or is there a contest going on for a new MSU t-shirt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    The first half of this post is why I mostly never listen to baseball opinions during and after games on this board. Do you actually believe that there aren't a lot of X's and O's in baseball? That's just a poor poor take.

Yes it's important to hire an elite recruiter. But if you can't manage the game of baseball your elite talent will come short every time. That's why there are only a few of the same good teams every year. Those teams have found people that can do both.
    Of the 3 big sports, baseball is the least about Xing and OIng. The biggest factor in winning is good pitchers. Just how much scheming can a baseball coach do. Bunt or not--steal or not--hit and run or not. How you stack you batting order (that's a crap shoot). Put you best hitter first--duh. Shifts, over rated. Luck has much to do with baseball. When all is said and done--usually the best players win.

vCash
    We couldn't get a top coach in baseball because that's not how college baseball works. Coaches don't leave top jobs; they just don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We couldn't get a top coach in baseball because that's not how college baseball works. Coaches don't leave top jobs; they just don't.
    Nuh uh its bc Cohen sux and needs to be on the hot seat!!!!!!!!!** Cann was all his fault he cant hire a baseball coach!!!!!!!!!!**

vCash
    My two cents. Cohen probably should not have talked up the hire so much, but that is in the past. I do like that we now have an AD that will swing for the fences and go after the big fish instead of settling. Cohen made runs at the top guys and came up empty. Loafers and templeton would have just promoted hendo or hired rafffo.
    My point is we now have a guy who goes for broke as our AD. He does not tuck his wiener in and I respect that.