Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cohen on Bo Bounds

vCash
    And it has only gotten harder over the past 20 years to do it. You won't ever see runs like USC, or LSU dominating a decade of titles again.

Sign... should've been us in the late '80s - early 90s.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    And it has only gotten harder over the past 20 years to do it. You won't ever see runs like USC, or LSU dominating a decade of titles again.

Sign... should've been us in the late '80s - early 90s.
    We had Ron “That’s Baseball” Polk instead of Skip “Gorilla Ball” Bertman. Skip built his team to win the CWS and Polk built his teams to get to the CWS. It’s why LSU has 6 titles and we have none. Would be interesting though if Chris Lemonis wins a title before McDonnell. Would be fitting imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My minimum expectation for us is a SR and to win the Governor's Cup. If we make a SR, we are getting television exposure during the biggest weeks of the college baseball season. And as you said if you go to enough SR's you will go to Omaha a fair amount of times.
    And if we are hosting super regionals, that's a better recruiting tool than anything a coach can tell a kid. Just turn on ESPN and let him see and listen to the crowd a few innings, then flip over to a vandy or Florida hosted SR and let him see and listen to their crowd a few innings. I'd sign on the dotted line right then if I was a recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We had Ron “That’s Baseball” Polk instead of Skip “Gorilla Ball” Bertman. Skip built his team to win the CWS and Polk built his teams to get to the CWS. It’s why LSU has 6 titles and we have none. Would be interesting though if Chris Lemonis wins a title before McDonnell. Would be fitting imo.
    Polk#1 also was fighting the NCAA and wasn't fully focused for many of those years.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    I think Ron Polk 1976-1990 may have won a National Title during the 1990's. Unfortunately we had Ron Polk 1991-1997 in the 1990's.

Winning a National Title at MSU is a lot easier than it is at Louisville. Slightly better league, a LOT more resources, better recruiting area...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    And if we are hosting super regionals, that's a better recruiting tool than anything a coach can tell a kid. Just turn on ESPN and let him see and listen to the crowd a few innings, then flip over to a vandy or Florida hosted SR and let him see and listen to their crowd a few innings. I'd sign on the dotted line right then if I was a recruit.
    Exactly. They'll see our crowd going nuts, bar-b-que smoke, and they'll be wondering what AAA stadium we're playing at. Oh- that's not a AAA stadium...that's OUR stadium.

Vandy = A douchebag whistling in a turf ballpark crammed into a corner by their football field.

Florida = We have a baseball team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I guess. But success is not determined by commitment to the program, that is my entire point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Exactly. They'll see our crowd going nuts, bar-b-que smoke, and they'll be wondering what AAA stadium we're playing at. Oh- that's not a AAA stadium...that's OUR stadium

Vandy = A douchebag whistling in a turf ballpark crammed into a corner by their football field.

Florida = We have a baseball team?
    I understand both of your comments but IMO you win a CWS with pitching.

You get pitching by having a PC or HC that the recruit/parent/recruit’s advisor thinks will further the elite recruit’s goal of reaching MLB. And then you must do it multiple times within the same recruiting year and then do it for several years in a row. Period, end of story.
    Last edited by ETDawg; 06-29-2018 at 07:25 AM.

vCash
    no. A lack of effective steroid testing is why LSU has 6 titles.