Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Late Night Thoughts on Lemonis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    It's not pretty similar because you are totally ignoring the fact that Gary Henderson has 4 more years and did basically jack shit in those years. You are once again ignoring the entire resume of Henderson. Going to 3 regionals in 4 years is a hell of a lot better than going to 2 regionals in 8 years. It's not even debatable.
    Regionals for winning 32 & 34 games and finishing 6th in the conference both years, yep impressive. In that powerhouse Big 10. Never made it to a SR and never sniffed a CWS. His predecessor finished 2nd, 1st and 1st in conference the previous 3 years with a CWS to boot.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Regionals for winning 32 & 34 games and finishing 6th in the conference both years, yep impressive. In that powerhouse Big 10. Never made it to a SR and never sniffed a CWS. His predecessor finished 2nd, 1st and 1st in conference the previous 3 years with a CWS to boot.
    Smith had 2 great years at Indiana but he never won more than 32 games outside of those 2 years. Including the year they finished 2nd in the B10. 32-28 record that year, 16-8 in conference. And since he has left for ASU...ASU has tanked. So basically Smith in 14 years has won more than 32 games 4 times, 2 times at Indiana and his first 2 years at ASU. 40 games or more only twice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Too bad Gary had years 5-8 at Kentucky to look at. We'll compare Lemonis in four years and see how it looks then.
    5-8 weren't horrible. Around the same 30+ win mark as Lemonis is accustomed to... Too bad the SEC is stacked and you don't automatically get rewarded with a Regional for 32+ wins.

And yes, again, I hope Lemonis becomes our best HC ever and wins many titles along the way. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 06-25-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Smith had 2 great years at Indiana but he never won more than 32 games outside of those 2 years. Including the year they finished 2nd in the B10. 32-28 record that year, 16-8 in conference. And since he has left for ASU...ASU has tanked. So basically Smith in 14 years has won more than 32 games 4 times, 2 times at Indiana and his first 2 years at ASU. 40 games or more only twice
    Okay... Never said Smith was some baseball God but only that his last 3 years at Indiana were pretty impressive. He moved on to a bigger school and has bombed pretty hard, hope that's not a trend with Indiana coaches.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Okay... Never said Smith was some baseball God but only that his last 3 years at Indiana were pretty impressive. He moved on to a bigger school and has bombed pretty hard, hope that's not a trend with Indiana coaches.
    Well I think the year before his last 2 years is debatable but outside of 2 great years out of 14 you are comparing Lemonis to a guy who did worse and was less consistent than him at the same place and has done worse than Lemonis at a place that should win 32 on a down year. Not 14 like this year. Heck he has won less than 30 more times than he has won more than 32.

Look I get it, those last 2 years for Smith were historic for Indiana, can’t take that away from him at all. But doing a comparison for Lemonis against their most historic 2 years is not fair to him either. Especially when Smith himself has never shown he could do that consistently in his other 12 years at 2 P5 school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I gave Henderson credit for keeping the program afloat in the original post of this thread.

I mean, if I wanted to please the crowd I could give all the credit to Henderson if I was worried about my "Internet guru credibility" but it wouldn't be genuine. The fact that Henderson wasn't named the head coach and Gautreau is staying is good enough for me.
    In the original post you gave bohannon credit for Hendo's recruiting at Kentucky and have routinely given gotro all the credit for this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    In the original post you gave bohannon credit for Hendo's recruiting at Kentucky and have routinely given gotro all the credit for this year.
    Do you want me to lie? Again there is a reason why Gautreau is still here and Henderson isn't. I have given Henderson credit for what he deserves credit for. Do you think 2007 was all Croom or does Ellis Johnson get a lot of the credit?

vCash
    5-8 weren't horrible. Around the same 30+ win mark as Lemonis is accustomed to... Too bad the SEC is stacked and you don't automatically get rewarded with a Regional for 32+ wins.

And yes, again, I hope Lemonis becomes our best HC ever and wins many titles along the way. Time will tell.

Lemonis will win more than 32 games a year here. You can save this for later.