Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Regionals Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Regionals Edition

Well our pitching didn?t come through but that isn?t stopping me from a good weekend. Wife?s birthday is tomorrow so we?re going out

vCash
    Simple tonight after a long week. Blackened some shrimp and threw them on a salad with a balsamic vingrette dressing. Baked a potato and loaded it up with cheddar cheese.

vCash
    Burgers with bacon, cream cheese, jalape?os and sweet chili sauce. Yuengling and debating fishing for a bit in the morning now.

vCash
    Unfortunately, cheap pizza for me and my crew. Loading up for an early start to a baseball tournament tomorrow. Got a bag of specs I'm going to thaw though and, hopefully, cook Sunday. Thinking of blackening them, but I've never done it. Any pointers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    Unfortunately, cheap pizza for me and my crew. Loading up for an early start to a baseball tournament tomorrow. Got a bag of specs I'm going to thaw though and, hopefully, cook Sunday. Thinking of blackening them, but I've never done it. Any pointers?
    They blacken great. One thing I like to do with specks as opposed to reds is put the filets in a large bowl with liberal amounts of olive oil and Tony C’s blackening seasoning a mix thoroughly until everything is well coated in seasoning and oil. Then get a pan hot and toss in some butter and after it melts, the filets. I do catfish the same way.

vCash
    Was in a mood tonight for whiskey a coke. Doesn’t happen often. Crown and coke it is.

vCash
    My bird and I went out tonight to a local Italian joint. Great food, and they make all their pasta in house.

She had the cavatelli bolognese, which rocked socks [though I think my recipe isn't far behind].

I had the chicken parm, with a side of cavatellie and "gravy". Holy hell, was that good...and simple, which I love.

As far as the drinking, I splurged a bit today because my local store got a great shipment in, and I couldn't help myself...

And our little girl is growing nicely into her State gear...

vCash
    Yesterday I tried out a recipe for szechuan dim-sum, and made a whole bunch of them. This is just one tray. I probably made a total of 100 dumplings, which I bagged and froze. I did cook a batch and they were great, but I forgot to take a picture.

Here's the recipe I followed, btw.

I followed that up with a Connecticut wrapped stick

I'm finishing the day off with my fav...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    My bird and I went out tonight to a local Italian joint. Great food, and they make all their pasta in house.

She had the cavatelli bolognese, which rocked socks [though I think my recipe isn't far behind].

I had the chicken parm, with a side of cavatellie and "gravy". Holy hell, was that good...and simple, which I love.

As far as the drinking, I splurged a bit today because my local store got a great shipment in, and I couldn't help myself...

And our little girl is growing nicely into her State gear...

What a nice set of pics Beard with the final one the best. Nice icing on the cake sir. Congrats again, what a cutie.

Banned
    vCash
    I found some wild caught frozen salmon filets in Kroger yesterday for $6.99 a lb. I usually like to smoke them outside but forgot lighter fluid so I cooked them on the stove top. Olive oil, tony's , ginger powder, and a little garlic powder on one side. Let 'em sit a while then just start flipping them back and forth so the other sides gets a little marinade as well because I don't like to overdo it and make the fish too salty. bought 30 secs on each side and done on high heat with a tad of olive oil.

broiled asparagus with olive oil, lime juice, tony's and a tad of garlic powder. then put parmesan cheese and into the broiler they go. quinoa for the starch.

vCash
    Good stuff Beardo and Bully13. Love simple classic Italian like that.

Banned
    vCash
    Now that I think about it, I woulda cooked 'em inside anyway because I failed to notice they were skinless filets when I bought 'em. I prefer the skin on for added flavor when I smoke them. I don't flip them when I smoke them. Wouldn't wanna smoke 'em without the skin on the grill part protecting the fish.

vCash
    That?s strong right there beardo! Very nice.

Enjoying a celebration Parish Bloom after that walk off HR.

vCash
    Ribeye, crab cakes, and cheesecake at Ely’s tonight for wife’s birthday. Then got more drinks at Bonefish. My kids are spending the night at mil’s so we’re letting our hair down tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Was in a mood tonight for whiskey a coke. Doesn’t happen often. Crown and coke it is.
    Small suggestion "Beast". have you ever tried Crown & 7UP. Also a comment from the Cheap seats. If your visiting crew likes to drink all your crown. Refill the Crown Jug with ( Canadian Hunter ) 99% can not taste the difference for about 1/3 the coin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Small suggestion "Beast". have you ever tried Crown & 7UP. Also a comment from the Cheap seats. If your visiting crew likes to drink all your crown. Refill the Crown Jug with ( Canadian Hunter ) 99% can not taste the difference for about 1/3 the coin.
    Hell ya I’ve had crown and 7. A lot of it in my early 20s. These days I’m a bourbon on the rocks guy and my home bar bourbon collection reflects that. Every now and then I’ll want a bourbon and coke/7up and crown was the only bourbon I had I wouldn’t feel bad about doing so. Come football season I’ll buy a mixing bourbon like old charter. Canadian Hunter, Canadian Club, and Canadian Mist are all decent blended Canadian whiskeys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    They blacken great. One thing I like to do with specks as opposed to reds is put the filets in a large bowl with liberal amounts of olive oil and Tony C’s blackening seasoning a mix thoroughly until everything is well coated in seasoning and oil. Then get a pan hot and toss in some butter and after it melts, the filets. I do catfish the same way.
    Did this last night, only think I did different is used Paul P's seasoning. It turned out to be outstanding. My kids went back three times each for more fish...there was nothing left over. Thanks for the tip Beast!