Thread: Bream & Bass

vCash

Bream & Bass

Bream are on the beds anyone catching any? Or trying too?

I believe the bass may have started a little late too. Not sure why but I've seen a few bedding still. Catching them pretty good off the ol texas rig purple or junebug worm

vCash
    Caught a few chunks that were cruising the bank mid day today. Going back in the morning with a kayak.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Caught a few chunks that were cruising the bank mid day today. Going back in the morning with a kayak.

Hey speckle, just curious. Where did you catch that bass and how do you cook them and how good do they taste?

vCash
    Private lake around Jackson. I have honestly never kept a bass to eat. I’m a a saltwater guy.

vCash
    Bass are definitely still bedding. My wife and I just returned home from our honeymoon at Smith lake in Alabama and we wore the bass out. We saw several bream beds but didn't see a single bream on any of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Hey speckle, just curious. Where did you catch that bass and how do you cook them and how good do they taste?
    Fry them like any other fish. I like zatarans fish fry with some home made french fries and ketchup.

They are good. Not white perch good but good. I dont keep a lot of them. Bass are my favorite thing to fish for.

Other than handgrabbing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    Bass are definitely still bedding. My wife and I just returned home from our honeymoon at Smith lake in Alabama and we wore the bass out. We saw several bream beds but didn't see a single bream on any of them.
    Dang. I thought it was weird. They are usually done by now.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    I just moved back to Jackson not too terribly long ago, but have been catching some bream and bass on a fly rod at some private lakes in the area.

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    I've been fishing between the dams on the Pearl River the last couple days on a kayak and been having some luck. Anybody have any suggestions for other places to fish in the Jackson area?

vCash
    Smith lake would be considered an "upland reservoir", somewhat like bay springs but on a larger scale. Cold, clear, deep water. So they're going to spawn a little later there. Not really comparable to any MS lakes except the one mentioned above and it's a bit of a stretch.

Banned
    vCash
    Your wife agreed to a honeymoon at a lake and you two fish together? Does she have a sister?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Fry them like any other fish. I like zatarans fish fry with some home made french fries and ketchup.

They are good. Not white perch good but good. I dont keep a lot of them. Bass are my favorite thing to fish for.

Other than handgrabbing
    "handgrabbing". Had to go there again?