Thread: Hey Fishdawg

vCash

Hey Fishdawg

I used to read that yuku fishing forum that has died. There are a few decent specialized outdoor forums out there but they're too narrow. I've been bugging slick to add this and I knew you would join in. TD has a great outdoor forum and I think this one can be just as good. I've got some good ideas for this board.

vCash
    big need for it ... that board used to be pretty good until it died ... lotta those guys were bulldogs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    big need for it ... that board used to be pretty good until it died ... lotta those guys were bulldogs
    If you kept up with any of them, point them this way. We'll keep this one going

vCash
    my favorite is Pensacola Fishing Forum because of the offshore stuff .... for local (Mississippi) inshore fishing try Mike Lanes (cant remember the name of that one)

ETA - http://www.ms.rodngun.com/guestbook/gbview.asp ... be advised , some of those mods suck ... the only board I have ever been banned from
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 10-08-2013 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    The Pensacola forum is very good!! It's even pretty good for inshore fishing as well. I just need to actually get down there and fish next spring.

vCash
    maybe we can get a small "Elite" group together .... maybe camp on one of the islands

petisboisisland.jpg
    sunset @ Petis Bois Island

vCash
    That's sounds awesome Fish. Would be a blast

vCash
    I'm in if you guys should put something together next spring. I know it's a long ways off but I simply can't do anything this fall (not that my presence makes a difference anyway) Just keep me in mind down the road.

vCash
    I like to camp on the islands the evening before snapper season opens ... you can catch jacks, sharks, flounder and no telling what in the surf or flounder gig the flats around there that night and then only a short run to the snapper grounds in the am ... topped off with chasing tuna after you limit on red snapper .... either way, I will get something up next spring when the cobia start the invasion - usually mid to late May ... I can accommodate 4 other guys in my boat

vCash
    I like to camp on the islands the evening before snapper season opens ... you can catch jacks, sharks, flounder and no telling what in the surf or flounder gig the flats around there that night and then only a short run to the snapper grounds in the am ... topped off with chasing tuna after you limit on red snapper .... either way, I will get something up next spring when the cobia start the invasion - usually mid to late May ... I can accommodate 4 other guys in my boat
    That sounds sick

vCash
    I'd love to be able to fish the islands with my kayak but getting it out there is the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post
    I'd love to be able to fish the islands with my kayak but getting it out there is the problem.
    Good to see you J-Dawg. I know we both post on another fishing forum but I'm glad to see you around here. I requested this board with folks like you in mind

vCash
    Awesome. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two.

vCash
    Here's my 18 1/2' boat with son-in-law at the helm and my son to the right. I know it isn't a specific fishing boat but the open bow and stern area/deck allow for plenty of standing space. I'd be happy to bring it along to help get us out to the islands for camping and hauling kayaks. It's a 4 cyl 190 hp with about 90 miles range. I even have a bimini top for it. Holds 7 folks and has plenty of wet and dry storage

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by SnakePlissken; 10-08-2013 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    it's on then !! ... that will get you out to Horn or Petis Bois when seas are 2' or less .... I can strap kayaks to the roof of my hard top ... nice to have a choice - offshore or kayaking the island

vCash
    hmmm.. I'd love to get in on this...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    hmmm.. I'd love to get in on this...
    I'm in, maybe next year. I can carry 6-8 easy depending on experience.